Sand and Sun ~ Trip Number Ten Was Lots of Fun! Clearwater Beach & YC, August 2013

Welcome Home Shelly!!!:goodvibes

I know it stinks being back, especially when you have to come back to such cold temps.

Hope you get all settled in, do you some laundry, grab a Mtn dew and give us all something to read for the big snowstorm that's coming next!!! :surfweb:

I'm ready to read!!:cool1:

Looking forward to hearing all about it! Really hoping you all enjoyed the WL as much as we do! Despite the crappy room location :(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We're back :sad:

Sorry for the lack of updates/pics, the trip was just too short!!

We had a really nice time. The WL is not really for us. Too many issues. But at least now we know. Other than that and me getting sick after Chef Mickey's, thing went pretty well. :rotfl:

The weather was decent for the most part. It was really warm when we got there Saturday. I think it was only in the 60's, but the sun was shining and it felt so warm. No jackets needed that day! The next day was actually warmer, but there was no sun, so it felt colder. The kids swam anyway!! Tuesday was perfect - sunny and 80. Felt so good!! Wednesday was UGLY. Cold and rainy. On the bright side, MK was empty!! :laughing:

Crowds weren't bad. The weekend was crowded and we definitely needed our FP+! The weekdays weren't bad at all. Tues & Wed were great crowd-wise.

Transportation was good for the most part, food was good, location of the WL was nice, lots of good family time!! :goodvibes Can't really ask for more I guess!

Last night when I tucked DS12 into bed he said -- I can't wait to go back again!! :)

We're back :sad:

Sorry for the lack of updates/pics, the trip was just too short!!

We had a really nice time. The WL is not really for us. Too many issues. But at least now we know. Other than that and me getting sick after Chef Mickey's, thing went pretty well. :rotfl:

The weather was decent for the most part. It was really warm when we got there Saturday. I think it was only in the 60's, but the sun was shining and it felt so warm. No jackets needed that day! The next day was actually warmer, but there was no sun, so it felt colder. The kids swam anyway!! Tuesday was perfect - sunny and 80. Felt so good!! Wednesday was UGLY. Cold and rainy. On the bright side, MK was empty!! :laughing:

Crowds weren't bad. The weekend was crowded and we definitely needed our FP+! The weekdays weren't bad at all. Tues & Wed were great crowd-wise.

Transportation was good for the most part, food was good, location of the WL was nice, lots of good family time!! :goodvibes Can't really ask for more I guess!

Last night when I tucked DS12 into bed he said -- I can't wait to go back again!! :)

Welcome Home!! What happened at Wilderness? and Chef Mickeys?? Glad you had a great time.

Welcome home Shelly! Sorry that the resort wasn't what you thought it would be and that you got sick after Chef Mickey's. Anxious to hear all about the trip.

Oh I hate to hear you got sick! That's terrible! Glad to hear there were plenty of good times too though. Very interested to hear your opinion of WL. Hate it didn't work out like you wanted. So glad you had mostly good weather and low crowds though! :thumbsup2

What a cute kid, saying that! I bet it made your heart sing. pixiedust: It was worth the trip just to hear it I'm sure.:goodvibes

I hate that you got sick, esp on the first night!!:headache: When you sent that text to me- I told everyone here and we all groaned at once. We all felt super bad for you.:guilty:

This morning when Drew came down he said Did they make it back last night? And I said yes and that the boys were having to go to school and D said, oh I feel so bad for them- that's awful! At least it's Friday and they can rest.

Hope the make up work isn't too extensive.

Can't wait to read the new TR. Yes I am pushing as a matter of fact.:rotfl:

Such a bummer you didn't like the WL. :crazy2: Although, I guess I can't say I am surprised. You and I have always been polar opposite about resorts, and I should just get that through my head! :lmao:

At least you guys had a chance to be together and it seems like another successful trip other than minor issues. That's what really matters! :thumbsup2

And I'm with Jo - I need a new TR to read please!! :flower3: I need something to get me through the next 64 days!

Some balcony pics. :eek:

DisneyJanuary2014075_zpscb5c2a64.jpg

DisneyJanuary2014076_zps30125f82.jpg

DisneyJanuary2014077_zps86ae233a.jpg

DisneyJanuary2014118_zps65791eb3.jpg

DisneyJanuary2014119_zpsda0a078d.jpg

DisneyJanuary2014120_zpsf29d63e4.jpg

DisneyJanuary2014121_zps89eb0c85.jpg

DisneyJanuary2014123_zps20d4003a.jpg

DisneyJanuary2014125_zps814367ce.jpg

We were woke up at 5:30am each morning by BEEP BEEP BEEP from the service/delivery trucks. :faint: And you couldn't sit out there during the day because the humming sound coming from the power boxes was so loud. :scared1:

We were without hot water Saturday and most of Sunday. We kept calling every 2 hours and they kept saying it would be fixed within a few hours. We finally went down to the front desk and said that we had paid too much to stay here with this awful and loud view and no hot water. They said the engineer was at lunch and if the water wasn't fixed by the time we got back that evening (we were leaving for MK) they would move us a few doors down to another room. :faint: It ended up getting fixed before we got back. Good thing, we sure didn't want to move to another room to have the same view and possibly the same water issues. :sad2:

I'm not sure what happened at Chef Mickey's. Sure seemed like food poisoning to me. :confused: I've never felt so awful on vacation. But when I get the stomach flu, I am down and out for several days afterwards, can't eat or anything. With whatever this was, I was better the next day. :confused3 It was a rough night though.

Not sure when I'll get to a TR. Hopefully soon and it shouldn't really take too long considering there is only 5 days to report on! :upsidedow

Oh boy about the room. That stinks. The hotel is so pretty and you got such a crappy room. Sorry

Hi Shelley. I am enjoying your trip report and thought it was time to say hi. Boy that is the worst view I don't think I will ever book a standard view at WL for fear of getting that room. Sorry you got sick. Love the selfies! You have a beautiful family.

Nobody paying that much money should have to deal with issues like that. Especially no hot water....what!!?? Are you kidding?
To me it's not so much the awful view but the NOISE! I wouldn't want to be woken up to that on vacation.
Sorry about the resort. You probably would have loved it if you had a better view w no noise.

Food poisioning... Yuck! :( Glad you were better the next day. I'm sure you were nervous you wouldn't be.

We'll we leave in a couple of weeks. No FP+ yet but I did get an invite from DH's account to connect to his friends and family so we can book FP+. So don't get it. Very confused. I think I'm gonna call today.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Welcome Back!

Sorry your WL experience was not the best. I have to agree that it was a pretty horrible room view. It really does detract from the rest of the lodge which is so lovely. I didn't exactly like the WL after my first stay there and I really thought I was going to. But I've been back since and its definitely grown on me.

Sorry about the GI illness. That is definitely no fun, especially on vacation.

I have officially finished your TR. Thanks for sharing. It was a wonderful vacation.

I really cracked up when I saw your dog with his new oven mitt. Too funny. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter