• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SAPPHIRE FALLS thread........

Quick question but didn’t see it answered anywhere else—can we use the pool on checkin and checkout days assuming our room isn’t ready on checkin and we haven’t left the property yet but it’s past checkout time on our last day? I know at wdw we can but wanted to make sure we can here before we jump into those plans.

Yes, you absolutely can.

Even if you`re room isn`t ready, you`ll still officially be checked in, so you`re good to go and facilities are available all day on check out day too.

How is the walk from Sapphire to Cabana Bay Beach Resort if we wanted to go over there and eat in their foodcourt? How far and is it lit and safe? Thank you

How is the walk from Sapphire to Cabana Bay Beach Resort if we wanted to go over there and eat in their foodcourt? How far and is it lit and safe? Thank you

It`s only a few minutes walk.

Yes, it`s safe and well lit, they are across a road from each other.

If you look on Google maps/Earth you`ll see how close they are.

So for those that have been to strongwater - did they get the same staff back - they were definitely part of the reason I enjoyed it

So for those that have been to strongwater - did they get the same staff back - they were definitely part of the reason I enjoyed it

Well, I know for sure our favourite bar guy ever Lenny is back.

From conversations I think Brittney, Maggie, Sarah and Miguel are back too and there are a couple of new folks who are popular too.

I agree, the staff there make the whole experience a notch or two better and we have had many nights sitting at the bar and have the best time.

Hi :) We are headed to Sapphire Falls at the end of July . Does anyone know how the waits have been at the Boat Security or the Security at the end of the walkway to Citywalk? Thanks!!

Hi :) We are headed to Sapphire Falls at the end of July . Does anyone know how the waits have been at the Boat Security or the Security at the end of the walkway to Citywalk? Thanks!!

The walkway security checkpoint shouldn’t have a long wait, if there even is a wait. Last time I walked it, there was no wait.

As for the boat security waits, it wasn’t long when we stayed at Sapphire in May. However, I watched a YouTube video recently that appeared to have a longer wait time. I suspect that with Aventura now open, some of those guest will catch the boat at Sapphire.

Well, I know for sure our favourite bar guy ever Lenny is back.

From conversations I think Brittney, Maggie, Sarah and Miguel are back too and there are a couple of new folks who are popular too.

I agree, the staff there make the whole experience a notch or two better and we have had many nights sitting at the bar and have the best time.
Thanks glad to hear - would not be the same without the staff

Here now, super happy with the resort. I was going in between PBH, and Sapphire. I think I made the right choice. The iffy weather was giving me anxiety even though I’ve been here in the summer many times. We have after 4 express, so that part didn’t make a huge difference. We have a great view of Dudley Do Right from the 6th floor. AP pickup was great. Hoping for another great day:-)

Hello! Is there any way online to make a Strong Water Tavern reservation or do we have to call? Ty

I believe Strong Water Tavern is First Come, First Serve only. I checked Zomato which is the reservation system used by Universal, and Strong Water Tavern didn’t come up. The Universal Orlando website doesn’t have a reservation link for Strong Water either. Because it is a hotel bar, I don’t think there is a big demand for it, so I wouldn’t expect a wait to be seated. When we stayed at Sapphire Falls this past May, we had no wait to be seated. If you are concerned about getting seated, you probably could call the bar before you arrive and see if they have call-ahead seating.

Hello! Is there any way online to make a Strong Water Tavern reservation or do we have to call? Ty

As patster said above, you can`t book Strong Water.

I`ve seen it busy, but the only times we`ve seen it packed full, is when there are conferences that involve large groups. It can get very, very noisy and then it can be full.

So as much as I really think SF is the resort I would love most, I was able to snag an AP rate for RPR today for our Nov trip and having express pass seems too good to turn down, esp for only $73 more a night than what I currently have SF held for (still debating a split stay so I have 2 diff sets of dates/resorts booked) I want to try strong water tavern and do brunch at Amatista at some point during the trip still regardless where we stay. Is the walk from RPR to SF easy enough? TIA

So as much as I really think SF is the resort I would love most, I was able to snag an AP rate for RPR today for our Nov trip and having express pass seems too good to turn down, esp for only $73 more a night than what I currently have SF held for (still debating a split stay so I have 2 diff sets of dates/resorts booked) I want to try strong water tavern and do brunch at Amatista at some point during the trip still regardless where we stay. Is the walk from RPR to SF easy enough? TIA
Super easy walk.

Hello all. Really hesitating between SF and RP for the family of 5 in January. I would like all of us to stay in connecting bedrooms or suites. I saw some lovely balconies at SF. Are those for the Presidential Suites only? Can't afford those lol! Ty

Hello all. Really hesitating between SF and RP for the family of 5 in January. I would like all of us to stay in connecting bedrooms or suites. I saw some lovely balconies at SF. Are those for the Presidential Suites only? Can't afford those lol! Ty

The Presidential Suites do have balconies and there are a couple of Hospitality Suites.

We had a Hospitality Suite that has a balcony on a previous trip and it was beautiful just sitting with a cocktail on the balcony.

Here are just a couple of pictures of the Suite and balcony.

i-75nDVFv-X2.jpg

i-d9KFDVK-X2.jpg

i-5pC3RQq-X2.jpg

i-CqcnXQF-X2.jpg

i-j9Km6tw-X2.jpg

i-7rHX5tB-X2.jpg

i-3JmJj47-X2.jpg

i-ckZmvMn-X2.jpg

i-KnrP4Jf-X2.jpg

The Presidential Suites do have balconies and there are a couple of Hospitality Suites.

We had a Hospitality Suite that has a balcony on a previous trip and it was beautiful just sitting with a cocktail on the balcony.

Here are just a couple of pictures of the Suite and balcony.

Wow! Thanks Schumigirl! Makes me want to forget about EP at RP! If the price is right, I will totally get this if they can have connecting bedrooms!

Planning a trip with extended family who are smokers. In terms of ease of access to the designated smoking areas, where would you suggest requesting rooms?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter