Saturday, In the Park - I Think it was the Fourth of July… Wrapping it Up 6/26

Um... I didn't get the memo that you started another TR... and LOOK! I'm on page 2. :sad1: At least I get to see you in a couple weeks. :hug:

...and I know what the 'Dark Side' is. ;) Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

:guilty: I'm sorry! Know what - I was all set to send you a note, but then couldn't remember your new DIS name! Why I didn't just EMAIL you is beyond me. :headache: It's been a foggy week for the old brain. :hug:

As for the Dark Side... :rolleyes1 ;)

Looks like I came back to the DIS at just the right time. Just finished up your last TR and looking forward to this one. Throughout your last TR I tried to sign up for your twitter and to read your blog. Both links lead me to a dead end. :sad1:

I feel I have successfully stalked you and will get some great DIS time over the coming weeks. :goodvibes

I also feel very special that I already know a secret you have yet to reveal. :lmao:

Nice to meet you both...
:rotfl:

Someday, maybe I actually WILL!!:sad2:

Anyway.... loved to hear a "Floridian's" perspective on Florida's tourism... very interesting.

I like to start my reports by introducing the main characters. And by “characters,” I don’t mean life-sized rodents in tuxedos. At least not usually. :rolleyes:

You haven't been to our house for the Holidays, yet have you? ;):rotfl:

Looks like I came back to the DIS at just the right time. Just finished up your last TR and looking forward to this one. Throughout your last TR I tried to sign up for your twitter and to read your blog. Both links lead me to a dead end. :sad1:
Oh! I never thought of that... I changed my "name" on twitter, which apparently changes the address, too! The link in my siggy should work. The blog is no more; it's just my TR so that I can tweet it out in links without bringing the Twitterverse to the DIS. Why? I haven't figured that out yet, but it feels wrong, lol!
I also feel very special that I already know a secret you have yet to reveal.
::yes:: So very true!

Nice to meet you both...
:rotfl:

Someday, maybe I actually WILL!!:sad2:
I know, right?! :guilty:
Anyway.... loved to hear a "Floridian's" perspective on Florida's tourism... very interesting.
It's been very, very interesting living down here.

You haven't been to our house for the Holidays, yet have you? ;):rotfl:
OMG, I'm totally picturing Rick dressed like Mortimer now! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

My pleasure!

I'd say sometime after "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth" and sometime before "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantanganse alejado de la puertas." You're welcome.

Okay that cracked me up.

I'm excited to read a TR from a Floridian's perspective. I've never read an intro like the one you just wrote and I am so in!!

Leo can map most of The World without assistance. Trust me – when he says “turn right here to get to the nearest ladies’ room,” I listen.

Oh man. This is awesome. This is how my kids are going to be, I know it. When I was 10, I was leading my parents around WDW. I was their personal guidemap and it has only gotten more intense!!

Btw... I was trying to remember where I knew the "(NO Bernie Madoff, Goldman Sachs, Hurricane Charley. Or not.)" thing from. And OMG... Mel. 1000thhappyhaunt. hahahaha! Oh how I wish she was still around here! I don't know if she copied that from you or vice versa but it cracks me up.

I am sooo in!! :goodvibes Hey there Ms.V! I'm so glad you made it back, I thought you might be or at least I hoped you would be after reading your posts in eliz991's TR. :yay:

Your a hoot and I'm so excited to be in on your new PTR!! :banana: I can't wait to see new pics of you and your boy, I can't believe he's 8 already! When the heck did that happen? Probably around the same time Mackenzie dd10 became 5'5 and wears shoes bigger than I do! :eek: Don't bother tying a brick to their heads, it doesn't work....tired it... Just sayin. :rolleyes:

Your backstory is always interesting. I was interested in how you ended up inFl.

Oh! I never thought of that... I changed my "name" on twitter, which apparently changes the address, too! The link in my siggy should work. The blog is no more; it's just my TR so that I can tweet it out in links without bringing the Twitterverse to the DIS. Why? I haven't figured that out yet, but it feels wrong, lol!

Alrighty then. Just to let you know. I'm afraid of Twitter but I signed up to follow your tweets. I'm still afraid though. We'll see what happens. Parla was already taken over there so I made it Parla4 (my Pogo username). I guess the only thing I use my real name for is facebook. :confused3

Btw... I was trying to remember where I knew the "(NO Bernie Madoff, Goldman Sachs, Hurricane Charley. Or not.)" thing from. And OMG... Mel. 1000thhappyhaunt. hahahaha! Oh how I wish she was still around here! I don't know if she copied that from you or vice versa but it cracks me up.
::yes:: And ZZUB, and LaLa - it started back in the Maelstromers' heyday. I miss their reports! :sad1:

I can't wait to see new pics of you and your boy, I can't believe he's 8 already!
Me neither! :eek:
When the heck did that happen? Probably around the same time Mackenzie dd10 became 5'5 and wears shoes bigger than I do!
Eek, she's got 4" on me, lol! It goes by much too fast, no? :goodvibes

Your backstory is always interesting. I was interested in how you ended up inFl.
"Ended up" is very accurate, lol! It was only semi-planned, but I'm so glad it worked that way!

Couldn't resist another "V" TR!!!!!
Hi Rosie - thank you! :hug:

Alrighty then. Just to let you know. I'm afraid of Twitter but I signed up to follow your tweets. I'm still afraid though. We'll see what happens. Parla was already taken over there so I made it Parla4 (my Pogo username). I guess the only thing I use my real name for is facebook. :confused3
I'm with you - I don't use my real name anywhere with this stuff. But don't let Twitter scare you... the only thing to fear with it is addiction, lol! ;)

Yay! I'm so in! :banana: I've been looking forward to more Leo stories.

When IS your trip, anyway? Did I miss that detail?

V, while waiting for your updates I decided to go back and read an older TR. I had read Like a Bad Meal long ago and History of the World - Part V sounded promising. DH loves him some Mel Brooks. However, what the heck happened to all the pics. People are going on and on about Leo's cute baby pictures but all I see is this...

353810004_ae44ad5af8.jpg

Just sayin'... :3dglasses

I can't believe he is going to be 8:eek:
Tell me about it!
What, no gramma this trip????;)
:rolleyes1

Yay! I'm so in! :banana: I've been looking forward to more Leo stories.

When IS your trip, anyway? Did I miss that detail?
Yay, you're here! :yay: I don't post actual dates until after the trip, but it does include July 4th! ;)

V, while waiting for your updates I decided to go back and read an older TR. I had read Like a Bad Meal long ago and History of the World - Part V sounded promising. DH loves him some Mel Brooks. However, what the heck happened to all the pics. People are going on and on about Leo's cute baby pictures but all I see is this...

353810004_ae44ad5af8.jpg

Just sayin'... :3dglasses
Ugh, Flickr. At some point, I'd changed a setting, which made everything visible only to me. I went back and changed that... but I have to relink every single pic here on the DIS to make them appear again. :faint: I'm doing a little at a time, but it's painstaking work and I haven't gotten that far. I'm sorry!:guilty:

BUT - I'm going back to add pics in our Intro now! How's that? :)

:wave:

If you’ve read many of my reports, you’ll have heard my opinions on a variety of Disney resorts. Port Orleans, the Contemporary, Caribbean Beach, the Polynesian, All Stars, Saratoga Springs, the Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas, the Boardwalk… I’ve covered them all.

What I’ve yet to cover is a single, solitary off-site location. That’s about to change.

Take a moment to ponder and collect yourselves.

I did, in fact, have an off-site stay last Nov., at the Downtown Disney Doubletree Suites, but that wasn’t included in a trip report. Excepting that one, though, I’ve yet to offer an off-site resort review.

Bring in the brand-new Hilton Bonnet Creek (HBC). Conveniently located in the middle of Walt Disney World. Sandwiched, in fact, between Pop Century and Caribbean Beach. Meaning that it’s more on-site than it is off-site. Pretty neat, huh? :banana:

In addition to its winning location, HBC serves up what looks to be an amazing pool experience, complete with lazy river and zero-depth entry. Being so new, it’s probably safe to expect that furniture, linens and carpeting have yet to take a beating and still appear fresh and inviting. Parking isn’t free, but it is covered from the relentless Florida sun. HBC hosts plenty of food options, and kids even eat free at one restaurant. Amenities? Lots of them. Golf, kid’s club, spa, fitness center… HBC is a true resort.

hobc_dlux_2_queen_rm.jpg
Pool%202%20Web.JPG

As if all that weren’t enough to make Hilton Bonnet Creek stand out, it’s been endorsed by my good friend Lauralee. She gave HBC a try this past Jan. and gave it high marks.

If you haven’t yet guessed, all this lead-up culminates in this revelation:

I, PrincessV, have not one – but TWO upcoming trips booked at HBC! One of which is coming up in mere weeks; the other of which is booked as the opening act for Saturday in the Park.

You may be wondering, “Uh, doesn’t V have a WDW annual pass? Couldn’t she get a great passholder discount at a WDW resort and stay on-site?!?!”

Indeed, I do have an annual pass. And, indeed there are passholder discounts available for both of my upcoming trips. But – and this is critical – they are nowhere near “great.” In fact, they’re so far from “great”, I actually emailed The Mouse and lambasted him for offering such hooey when a Hilton – a HILTON, people! – smack-dab in the middle of his rodential kingdom was offering a comparatively better resort than any Value or Moderate, and most Deluxe, options within his realm… at significantly lower prices. Yep, I told Mickey to ‘take this discount and shove it.’

And what is this fantastical HBC rate upon which I pontificate? Okay, hold on to your hats…

$84/ night.

And change, but does the change even matter?! $84 for a HILTON. :woohoo:

I’ve turned to the Dark Side, and by George (hey look – turns out there is a George in my story! NO Mr. Lucas), I think I like it! :cool2:

Coming soon: Gramma’s back. Save me.

I don't post actual dates until after the trip, but it does include July 4th! ;)
Doh! :headache:

As if all that weren’t enough to make Hilton Bonnet Creek stand out, it’s been endorsed by my good friend Lauralee.
That's good enough for me...whoever she is.

Yep, I told Mickey to ‘take this discount and shove it.’
I don't blame you. That is a fantastic deal, my friend. And it's a beautiful resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter