Saving change works!

madge62

Mouseketeer
Altho we have 355 days left until we leave for the World, I thought I'd count up the change we've been saving for the past 8 months and deposit it. Well, thought I had approx. $75, turned out to be $159 (CDN)! Woohoo! That's almost $100 US! I'm off to start the jar again.

It's amazing how fast it adds up!

After reading about it on this Budget Board, we started a change jar about two years ago. It usually pays for our rental car and sometimes a nice dinner too.

Happy Saving!

Kelly

And ended up with an extra $200 for our Disney Trip! This was only after two months of putting change in the jug!

I've been saving for the last couple of years, and this last trip I made, August of '01, I had saved a total of $75...enough for spending money for the trip. See, I wind up saving all the pennies I find on the ground, and in my pocket. I do save the other change in my pocket as well, although I wind up useing most of it. So it does work, I recommend it to anyone.

Steven

My last trip in Nov. I saved 112.00! So far I have about 50.00 saved for Feb.!

Since our trip in November - we just have to GO BACK. I started a change jar the minute we got home. I'm sure to add all my loonies and twoonies, (that's one dollar and two dollar coins) and then it will really add up.

I just rolled my change today! We started saving in October and I rolled $178.50. This is such a fun way to save and it adds up faster than I imagined. 30 more days!:bounce: !

If you've got a change jar, another great thing to do is throw a dollar or two in every couple of days..... it really adds up! Birthday/Christmas money? put a bit of it in the jar too. BF plays Pick 3 all the time :rolleyes: and every once in a while his number hits... into the jar goes some of the winnings :)
I've got my own jar but money just doesn't seem to add up as quickly for me, I'm always needing the quarters for laundry! :/ grrrrrrr lol

:wave:

We too, have a change jar and it does add up fast! We have also been selling stuff on ebay to raise the money for our adventure to WDW! Only 136 days till our trip!

I have been doing a save change jar too. Once in a while I had to dip into it to get a quarter out for dd to have milk money or something small (for the bake sale at school, etc.). When I cashed it in just before our last trip I had $39!!! And I hadn't been doing this for very long. Those quarters really add up!!! :)

I started mine the end of september, well I have already $50 and not more because dh found my stash, but now I put it in a different place!
I have 11 more months to keep saving , that will be my pocket money!

us too! We started saving in NOv I roleld over 100 2 weeks ago! I figure I will have another 30 ish by feb when we are heaidng out! PLaning to NOT cash in several rolls of quarters though.

It really does work! Our last trip this past December we had saved $400 in change! We are making a short trip to ASMO in 9 days for long weekend and we have already saved another $75! Planning another week long trip for November 2002. This time I think I will save all my dollar bills, too. That should really add up!

We save change and any deposit money from soda cans. Most years we can get the pot up to 400 plus $. The family enjoys doing it and we use money for many of our meals.

It's amazing how quickly this adds up. I paid cash for almost everything while on my most recent trip to WDW (10 days), and came home with $20+ in change just from that trip. It's amazing just how much change you can accumulate!

The other night dh and I were rolling our money (not rolling *in*) and we ended up with 2 rolls of quarters and a roll of pre-1983 pennies. DH laughed and said, "Hey we've got the makings to do pressed pennies!" LOL!!! We ended up with almost $40 in change (kids pilfer the pot sometimes) but now $21 is for pressed pennies!!

:earsgirl:
8 more days to the Magic!!!

We having been saving change for years in our "Disney Jar", I had not guessed it was so common a way to save money. As we all know, it can be very effective.

When I was saving for last April's trip I only saved change....kept getting into it and still had about $80. Now I'm saving for Oct '02 trip and I'm throwing all my one dollar bills in there too everynight. Yes, I've dipped into the ones a couple times.......but not all of them. And this way, I'm able to leave the change alone...not dip into them at all. This seems to be working much better for me.

I don't know how much I have so far because I'm afraid to count it until right before I go. This fear goes back to my old waitressing days when I discovered that if I counted my tips before my shift was over, for some reason, I would end up with less money than if I waited to count my tips at the end of my shift. LOL Weird, I know. :p But I won't be counting what I've got until the week before I leave.........I'll let you know then.:D

We saved change before our last two trips. The first time I had over 75.00 in change after saving for only a couple of months. On our last trip we took our quarters with us. My dh and ds spent quite a few at the different arcades we went to but we still came back with quite a few. I just put them back in the jar and started again. I just counted the quarters this morning and we already have 60.00!! I haven't even counted the dimes, nickles and pennies yet. We are not going until the end of March so we still have a little over two months of saving!! What I plan on doing this time is to roll them periodically and buy Disney Dollars. For some reason its always a mad rush before we go to get them rolled and cashed in. We never made it to the rolling part before our Christmas trip ROFL. There is method to my madness too.....I get to go to the Disney Store more often hehehehehehehehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter