Saw "Brave." Love Merida. Wish the movie was just a little better.

We saw it last weekend. My almost 3 yo DS was hot and cold about it. The bear scared him a bit, and the story was a little lacking. Just too direct, not enough other stuff going on. Better than Ratatoullie or Up, but no as good as the TS series. I wasn't a big fan of Up, too sad.

My wife LOVED it however.

And BTW- Tangled is great, watched it again yesterday, just an awesome story, multifaceted, funny, visually stunning, great songs.

All the talk of the Princess and The Frog makes me want to see it. Never have

Princess & The Frog and Tangled are two of my absolute favorite Disney movies of all time! If you love Tangled..you will LOVE Princess & the Frog! I recommend just buying it...it's that good!!! LOVE IT!!!

I enjoyed it a great deal as did all my kids. Even including my 14 year old son who went along only with promises of popcorn and candy.

I loved that there was no love story there (other than between a mother and daughter). Disney has added a great Princess to the line-up and one that isn't waiting for a prince to rescue her. That's a message I like my girls to see and hear.

All that said, I'd agree that the plot was thin and could have been improved, but I'd still give the movie an overall :thumbsup2

I agree with numerous other posters who said that the real gem in the event is La Luna. I had a huge smile on my face through the whole thing and turned to my husband at the end and said I was thoroughly enchanted by that.

I really liked it, and my DS (8) loved it. In fact, he keeps asking when the DVD will be out. I really like that the princess and the mom actually love each other, and have a real relationship. But it is the first Disney movie I can remember where the princess doesn't end up married at the end. :thumbsup2

While not as good as some Pixar movies, it is miles better than others. For example, it is no Toy Story (1, 2 or 3) or Monsters, Inc. but it is so much better than either Cars movie.

The short, La Luna, while cute, was not as good as some of the others.

I watched the movie twice, once in regular and another in 3-D. I loved it! ^^
  • Merida and her family were relatable to me and a lot of fun to watch.
  • The story is great, even though it's similar to 'Brother Bear.'
  • The music is one of the best I've heard. Really immersed me into the setting!
  • Speaking of which, the setting looks very nice and very realistic. Every single detail in the backgrounds felt like I was really in Scotland. It was just eye-popping and incredible! OwO
Overall, it's a great movie, one of the best from Pixar. ^^

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter