Saw Disney Animation Immersive Experience in Toronto yesterday

JenluvsDisney

Mouseketeer
DH DD20 and I headed into Toronto yesterday to see the Disney Animation experience that launched earlier this month. We REALLY enjoyed it and, if you're looking for a quick Disney fix, and live in or near Toronto I'd definitely recommend it. For us, it gave off similar vibes to the old Happily Ever After castle projections during MK fireworks. It was so fun to see so many classic scenes on a massive scale along with the music and there were some fun little surprises/effects sprinkled in. The show itself is about an hour long but there's some "pre-show" stuff that's worth getting there early to see (maquettes, photo opportunities with life size Anna/Elsa figures, biographical info/artwork from prominent Disney animators, etc.). A pre-show highlight for me was seeing all the storyboard pictures that went into Cinderella's dress transformation along with a little video that put all the storyboards in motion. With school being out, there were a lot of young children there and they were having a blast. They just about lost their minds when Encanto, Frozen 2, and Moana were featured in the show, which was super adorable. The venue was huge and there was plenty of room for the kids to dance along with their favourite scenes without being in anyone's way. We haven't been able to get to the parks since the pandemic and it was nice to feel immersed in the magic again!

Do they have merch after the show ? We saw the Van Gogh when it was there and the merch was pretty neat

The show is at 1 Yonge St. in Toronto. I think it's a building that gets used for various art installations? It's scheduled to run until mid-March in this location and will then move to a different city. Tickets can cost all sorts of different rates depending on what showtime you pick and what add-ons you may or may not want. I think the cheapest tickets I saw started at about $35 Canadian but they went up from there. You can visit the website at lighthouseimmersive.com (select Toronto from the home screen then select "Disney Immersive Experience" from the next screen to get specific ticket info.

FWIW we just purchased Basic tickets with no add-ons and didn't regret it. They offered premium tickets which included things like an "interactive" wristband (which was basically just a band with a couple lights on it that changed colours to match the animation sequences), a seat cushion rental (we were fine without it but only you know your comfort level with sitting on a floor for about an hour), and a small poster-print of various Disney characters (about 1 foot by 2 feet). Like all things Disney, there are always upcharges which some people feel are valuable and others can do without :)

And, also in true Disney fashion, you begin and end the experience in a gift shop of sorts. They were selling a lot of kitchen-type items (mugs, cookie jars, plates, etc.), art books, post cards, little golden books, sticker books, a limited selection of clothing, etc. There wasn't really anything specific to this experience - it seemed like the kind of stuff you'd find in the parks or a generic Disney store.

Thanks for the write up, We have been toying with going,,,and still not sure with the price. Great to know,,there are also discounts that come out ,,so look for them

Is it like the Van Gogh experience where you can spend as much time in the show as you want? Or is it a show with specific times to enter, and watch once?

It's a show with specific enter/exit times. You're admitted at your showtime then shuttled out at the end of the show so they can get ready for the next group.

Thanks for this! We are going tomorrow.

Just a heads up those considering going, I would purchase tickets early. I only purchased yesterday (an add-on to a trip into the city) and had to purchase the 2nd tier of tickets as that’s all that was available. We would have been happy with base tickets but they weren’t an option. It was more cost effective to pay for tier 2 then to pay to go into the city a second day.

Looking forward to a fun day tomorrow and May now head in a bit earlier thanks to the information you shared @JenluvsDisney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter