Saw the Playhouse Disney show

Synonymous

I know all about it, see?
We got to see a preview of Playhouse Disney on Saturday night. The kids loved it. It starts and ends with Bear, in a story that's similar to the old show. In between, they cut to brief stories involving the other characters. These were completely self-contained, there was no interaction between characters from the different shows.

I preferred the old show, since it seemed more interactive, with the kids doing more dancing, etc. This one was a bit more passive. But, of course, I'm not the target audience, and the kids all had a blast.

The Book of Pooh characters were nice- they looked exactly like they do on TV. Rolie-Polie Olie was tough to translate to live action, but I think they did a good job. The puppets seemed a little stiff, but, hey, they ARE robots. Stanley translated to live action fairly well, but I think alot of kids aren't familiar with him, yet. Luckily, my daughter has been watching him recently.

I think the show is enjoyable for kids, and it has alot of potential, if they can get them more involved in the action.

So, I'm guessing that the seating is still the same? The audience still sits on the floor? Is there still a lot of music and did you notice if the show is about the same length as Big Bear? BB is getting low show these days, now he's just part of the show at MGM and they put his tv show on at like 6:30am and 12 something or other (times we will never have the chance to watch), what's going on??:confused:

that they switched the time schedule around on Bear. As far as my toddler is concerned they can keep Stanley. I talked to other toddler moms and they agree- the cartoon stanley just doesn't hold the attention span of an 18mos old like muppets, puppets or even Rolies! I hope it's not a big part of the show. Of course, my time we get to WDW in Feb, my DD might hav completely forgotten about Bear unless I go get some videos. Okay, done venting. :)

Yes, seating is the same, the theater looks pretty much the same. The hostess is pretty much the same. The focus is not on music as much as in the old show. Bear comes out right away and sings the "Welcome to the Blue House" song, with Ojo, Treelo, Tutter, and Pip and Pop. They then sing the "Bear Cha-cha-cha" and the kids can get up and dance. Tutter talks about how he's too shy to dance and the hostess says "well, maybe some stories would make you feel more comfortable." They go into skits of Olie, Stanley and Pooh, which, somehow, convince Tutter that he shouldn't be afraid to dance, even though there is no singing or dancing in them. Bear comes back for another dance number, then sings the Good-bye song with Luna. (My daughter's been over her Bear phase for awhile- is there a different voice for Luna on the show now? The voice at MGM was NOT the one I remember.)

I think the length is about the same. If you take the old show, cut out the middle portions and insert the new characters in their place, you pretty much have the new show.

My DD just found Stanley about a week before we went, and she really likes it. She's 4 yrs old, so the educational theme is more appealing to her. The skits for the non-Bear characters are all about the same length.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter