Schipol Airport concerns

boogienights

Mouseketeer
Anyone connect through Schipol lately? Flying KLM from Canada to South Africa. Booked flight before discovering airport is in melt down mode. I'm worried our 3 hour layover may not be enough.

Anyone connect through Schipol lately? Flying KLM from Canada to South Africa. Booked flight before discovering airport is in melt down mode. I'm worried our 3 hour layover may not be enough.
We've flown into/out of Schipol several times, but most recent was last April. Other than the immense size of the place and how long it takes to get around it, we had no problem. I have been reading that people are having problems now, however.

Oooph, I read a bit and it would appear as though the new premium prices for VIP service mentioned in Conde Nast are an incentive for them to NOT fix it, the messier it is the more people pay to untie the knots, yikes. You have my sympathies & are very brave if you go, good luck.

That is a major hub airport for international flights. Recall connecting through there many years ago but no recent experience. I did find MANY articles online that sound like this is an ongoing problem, labor shortage and partly covid related. Mismanagement sounds like it is also partly to blame. I would try to book my flight to connect through a different airport (if that is possible.) I have no idea if being within the terminal solves some of these issues compared to those checking baggage/checking-in and going through TSA screening. I would certainly NOT exit the security area or else you will have to again be screened by TSA. That is true when traveling at ANY aiport.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/amsterdam-schiphol-airport-crowds-passenger-cap

I was there last month and had no problems at all, even though I was apprehensive beforehand. Yes, it’s big but it was very easy to navigate.

We flew through AMS three weeks ago and again yesterday. KLM staff were friendly and efficient. I needed help accessing a particular gate for a connecting flight. An airport employee went out of their way to assist us. Also no issues with immigration...very smooth process. No complaints from me regarding Schipol.

We flew through AMS three weeks ago and again yesterday. KLM staff were friendly and efficient. I needed help accessing a particular gate for a connecting flight. An airport employee went out of their way to assist us. Also no issues with immigration...very smooth process. No complaints from me regarding Schipol.
Thx for letting me know about your experience. Happy travels :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter