Scooter on the Fantasy

QueenBeeKnits

Earning My Ears
This is my first cruise and I am disabled and anxious. I have a fused ankle which is like having a peg leg (perfect for pirate night)! I have reserved a scooter to be delivered to the ship but am concerned about timing.

I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for how early I should start to head for dinner or shows since I will have to use the elevator.

This is my first cruise and I am disabled and anxious. I have a fused ankle which is like having a peg leg (perfect for pirate night)! I have reserved a scooter to be delivered to the ship but am concerned about timing.

I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for how early I should start to head for dinner or shows since I will have to use the elevator.

We talked to a woman with an ECV and she always allowed an extra 15 mins to avoid crowds at the elevators. Unfortunately there's some hungry people who aren't very polite when it comes to allowing the disabled the "right of way." Also, the first day of your cruise when DCL does the life boat drill, they "discourage" people from using the elevators so we always made sure DMIL in her wheel chair used the elevator well ahead of time. After the muster drill there will also be a rush for the elevators, so we just hung back for 10-15 mins to allow the crowds to disperse.

We talked to a woman with an ECV and she always allowed an extra 15 mins to avoid crowds at the elevators. Unfortunately there's some hungry people who aren't very polite when it comes to allowing the disabled the "right of way." Also, the first day of your cruise when DCL does the life boat drill, they "discourage" people from using the elevators so we always made sure DMIL in her wheel chair used the elevator well ahead of time. After the muster drill there will also be a rush for the elevators, so we just hung back for 10-15 mins to allow the crowds to disperse.

This is wonderful information, it really puts my mind at ease. I wonder if you can use the elevators up until a certain point before the drill. Thank you!

This is wonderful information, it really puts my mind at ease. I wonder if you can use the elevators up until a certain point before the drill. Thank you!
DH uses an ECV. You can use the elevators to get to your muster station. The CM will direct you. At other times The elevators are a problem because folks
and kids don't wait their turn. Sometimes you have to go up to go down, or down to go up.
We usually use the forward or aft elevators since the mid ship elevators are always crowded.
You didn't say if you have a HC cabin. Remember that the ECV will not fit in the door of a regular cabin.
There is a ECV parking/charging station on deck 2. Make sure you find out where the rental company
delivers your ECV. Special Needs at Sea puts it in the cabin. You have to borrow a DCL manual chair to get to your cabin.
Other rental companies might meet you at the terminal outside parking area.

I am renting a scooter on the Fantasy also. We sail on the Nov. 11 cruise. Any information I can get would be great. Who did you rent your scooter from. I rented mine through Special Needs at Sea.

DH uses an ECV. You can use the elevators to get to your muster station. The CM will direct you. At other times The elevators are a problem because folks
and kids don't wait their turn. Sometimes you have to go up to go down, or down to go up.
We usually use the forward or aft elevators since the mid ship elevators are always crowded.
You didn't say if you have a HC cabin. Remember that the ECV will not fit in the door of a regular cabin.
There is a ECV parking/charging station on deck 2. Make sure you find out where the rental company
delivers your ECV. Special Needs at Sea puts it in the cabin. You have to borrow a DCL manual chair to get to your cabin.
Other rental companies might meet you at the terminal outside parking area.

We are not in a HC room. I thought I had read that you could park your scooter at the end of the hall. The company I rented the scooter from said that it would be on the ship when I arrive. I did not even think to ask where. Thank you!

We are not in a HC room. I thought I had read that you could park your scooter at the end of the hall. The company I rented the scooter from said that it would be on the ship when I arrive. I did not even think to ask where. Thank you!

You can park in designated areas - I forget where on the Fantasy but might be deck 6. If your stateroom isn't accessible, the ECV likely will not fit in your room. I suggest contacting the rental company to ask where it will be left.

Enjoy your cruise!

You can park in designated areas - I forget where on the Fantasy but might be deck 6. If your stateroom isn't accessible, the ECV likely will not fit in your room. I suggest contacting the rental company to ask where it will be left.

Enjoy your cruise!
The designated parking area on the Fantasy for folks that do not have a HC room is deck
2 midship. On the Wonder and Magic it is on deck 6. We are also sailing in Oct, but on
the 28th on the Fantasy but we have a HC cabin.
We are renting from Walker Mobility and having the ECV delivered to the Hyatt Regency Airport the night before. We will put it under the DCL bus on the way to the port the next day. DH needs it to get from the bus to the terminal. It is a long walk.

Since you do not have a HC cabin they might leave the ECV in the deck 2 ECV parking area and leave the key
with guest services. You have to ask Special Needs At Sea.

We have used a scooter in the past and will again in the future. Agree with the other posts, with one exception, not all the time, but in some cases, when you meet a very
I agree, we have used a scooter in the past and will in December. When we people who think they have the right of way and "sneak" in front, if they are really nasty, then we kind of run over their feet, again, not all the time, but when we think they need to understand, most people do help but there are a few that think they paid and you didn't.

I rented my from Walker Mobility: https://walkermobility.com/port-canaveral

I will be on the fantasy in October. Since I cruise before you and I will be able to come home and send you tips and tricks!
That would be awesome. We are staying on Deck 2, and the parking is by the Enchanted Garden Restaurant. We do not have a HC room. But they said the scooter would fit in there. But I plan on parking it at night. Yes please let me know how it goes. I pick up my keys at Guest Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter