• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seating Requests

mickey916

DIS Veteran
I've picked up a lot of good suggestions about seating requests for some of my ADRs and I was wondering if there are others. It will be me, DH, DS-13 and DS-11. Here's where we're going and what I know so far for requests.

Garden Grill - request lower level
Teppan Edo
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Tony's
T-Rex - request ice room??
SciFi- request car
50s PT
Tusker House (breakfast)
Whispering Canyon
'Ohana -
Chefs de France

We've never been to any of the above before except Sci Fi and Teppan Edo (when it was Teppanyaki). So, I'm not sure what requests can/should be made. Any help is most appreciated!

I don't know of any other specific seating requests, but I did want to mention to you that if you do make a seating request it will more than likely extend your wait (quite a bit at some places), if that matters to you. :)

I love your thread and can not wait to see what suggestions you get. I want to hijack this so bad!

I don't know of any other specific seating requests, but I did want to mention to you that if you do make a seating request it will more than likely extend your wait (quite a bit at some places), if that matters to you. :)
Thanks for that input. I didn't think about that. I think in some cases (i.e. a car at SciFi,) it may be worth the wait but in others, it may not...perhaps I should try to remember to ask the host when I make the request how it will impact the wait.

:confused3 You really don't have to request a "car" table at Sci Fi...that's what the seats are. Unless you're in a large group that wants to sit together at one of the few picnic-table styles in there...but the vast majority of tables in Sci Fi ARE the cars.

Agree with PP that you will probably wait longer, in some cases a lot longer, to get a specific seat or area. Can tell you for Chef's, Tusker House, Crystal Palace there really isn't any special advantage to any table over another. Unless you want to be close to the buffet or something like that.

Some locations will not let you request a specific area. Rose & Crown is one I can think of - next available table is what you get, no matter where it is.

Bear in mind that if you are seated and unhappy (we were in the back room at Chef Mickey's, with the Duggars apparently:scared1:) you can ask to be moved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter