• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Second Star to the Right and Straight on Til Morning PTR

kizzabel

Eating poisonous apples since '86
Bonjour! Hello and welcome to our brand new, shiny PTR! We have finally hit 100 sleeps so its time to start this bad boy!

This is the “Second Star to the Right and Straight on Til Morning” PTR!

We’ve gone for a Peter Pan theme as Tink is a favourite of Jemma’s, James is attached to his pig plush just like Michael Darling is with his teddy bear, I’m mother just like Wendy was with the Lost Boys and of course we are bringing Nana along this time!! Super excited!

The why:

DD Jemma is making her communion in May and had asked ages back about going to DLP after it and could Nan pleeeeeeeeeeeease come too! Nanny was of course on board as was my DS James but my DH wasn’t so fussed and is planning a few days away with his friend and his nephew in our absence. So that’s how this whole trip came about.

The when:

Myself and Nanny discussed dates and May 19th seemed like a good idea as we should miss any bank holidays and school holidays and I would rather she sees the park when it is not mad busy. So we booked May 19th – 23rd, another Monday to Friday stay. And it just so happens I turn 28 on the day we arrive! :banana:

Where:

Well since Nanny is coming and her knee gives her trouble and because we feel like making a big fuss about her joining us, we are staying at the Disneyland Hotel! So excited to be finally getting to stay in this lovely smelling place! And to be bringing my mam to stay in the lap of luxury :yay:

And so on to our Cast:

Nanny

My Mam - 60 something, 1st trip to DLP and super excited to see what we are always raving about! She likes the classics films and also Toy Story and The Little Mermaid. She is fairly brave and will give pretty much anything a try. She is also looking forward to staying in the plush surroundings of the DLH and eating some lovely meals – shes keen to see all the theming!

Kizzy

Me! – almost 28 (or I prefer 25 ;) ) 9th trip to our happy place! Looking forward to BTM and perhaps ToT and maybe some pics with Stitch and Donald and I would love some family photos with Duffy. Cant wait to do some pin trading and buy my new mug :yay: Very much so looking forward to leaving the diet behind for 5 days too :lmao: cocktails are also a certainty!

Jemma

DD – my loopy 8 year old! Looking forward to BTM and snuggly hugs with Duffy and a spin on Teacups and all the lovely dinners (she loves holiday dinners – loads of chips, mayo and fizzy drinks!!). She is thinking of braving ToT! She conquered BTM last time and her courage makes me proud! She is hoping to have lots of spending money left over from her communion and plans to actually buy all of WOD!!

James

DS – my little rogue – just turned 5! He is looking forward to making us go on the Carrousel! And Slinky Dog and BTM and getting some Stitch pins when he trades. And lots and lots of desserts! And he wants to pick up some Disney Infinity figures. And hopefully will also brave ToT. Crossing my fingers! He was very brave once upon a time but as he has gotten bigger I think the sheer size of some of the rides make him uneasy. He also really, really, really wants to eat Mickey pizza again!

Our plans:

We will be leaving from my Mother’s home at 5am for a 9.45am flight to Paris, DH is dropping us off and following us up to the airport as he leaves 5 minutes before us for The Netherlands andhe arrives back 20 minutes after us on the Friday! If only we had a people carrier! We should arrive at the DLH around 1.30pm Monday and we’ll take our time settling in before bringing Nanny on a tour of the park and getting lunch and doing some rides. We will probably watch the parade today but might give Dreams a miss if its a late show.

On Tuesday we can show Nan around the WDS park and catch Dreams that night.

Wednesday could be a good day for to catch the train up to Val d’Europe for a bit of lunch and some souvenirs for Poppa Bear who is staying home (probably missing my Mam loads) to take care of their business. Maybe we’ll get to see Dreams again that night after dinner.

Thursday will be a full on parks day and the kids seem to be giving ToT a lot of thought so maybe we’ll manage it today! We will try to get packed up tonight for departure tomorrow.

Friday will be check out day with time to fit in a go on our favourite rides and perhaps nice lunch before we leave for our 5pm flight back to Dublin. We'll hold on for DH in the airport and travel home in convoy!

Meal Plans:

All our lunches are unplanned really as it depends on where is open during our stay but I would love to try Fuente del Oro, Chalet du Marionette and Victorias as we never tried these CS restaurants and also to dine at the Lucky Nugget one lunchtime as we loved it last trip and that is our only real certainty for lunch! The rest we'll decide as we go along!
This is a rough idea for our meal plans.

Monday:
We will have breakfast in the airport Monday morning before we fly and should all going well be checking into the DLH about 1.30pm and will grab lunch in Frontierland fairly soon after getting into the park. I had planned on dinner in the Rainforest Cafe this evening but on account of it being my birthday I think we may just try one of the lovely restaurants in the DLH. Totally undecided as Inventions would be great for the kids but the California Grill sounds so good! I think we may make reservations for both and cancel once we see the menu for the CG on arrival at the hotel.

Tuesday:
Lunch will be somewhere in the Disneyland Park today - I think the kids could choose where we eat lunch a couple of days this week. Jem loves Hakuna Matata so I'd hedge my bets on that being her pick and James will just pick the 1st place he sees! I think tonight we will be dining in the Village so it would be Annettes or Planet Hollywood or King Lud's. We have had great meals recently in the last two so I know either should be popular with the kids although I think Mam would like Annettes.

Wednesday:
Lunch will either be in the Studios or possibly in Val D'Europe if Mam fancies a look about there. I bet she would love the PAULS bakery. Yum! Dinner tonight I reckon will be one of the buffets at either La Cantina in the Santa Fe or Chuckwagon at the Cheyenne. I think it would be good value and there would be more then enough choice to make for full tummies! Hello dessert trolley :lmao:

Thursday:
Lunch will be wherever we happen upon today although I think Walts or The Blue Lagoon might be a nice little end of holiday treat for Mam. I love Walt's, we also have had great meals here but Mam loves seafood so I think The Blue Lagoon would be right up her street. Dinner tonight will somewhere in the Village! I would quite like to return to The Steakhouse but we aren't tied down to anything definite!

Friday:
Lunch today will be at The Lucky Nugget as I think it will be a nice end to our lovely holiday. I'm still raving about the red berry sundae I had the last time! And the kids meals were great the last time we ate here. Hoping we get to see the band again too.

Must do rides and attractions:

Dreams, the parade, BTM and all the classic favourites. I think Nan will like the shows so Stitch, Anamagique and Cinemagique and I bet she loves iasw. It’s all up in the air until the park hours and closures are released though! I do hope les payes des contes au fees is open (and that I spelled that correctly!!) and Casey Jr are open!

Going to try to resize these monster photos!

Wooot! Looking forward to reading along!

Forgot to edit the above - we got a look at the closure list for May and am thrilled for the most part. Delighted that BTM and iasw will be open, although its a pity Dumbo and Flying Carpets are closed. Think my Mam will get a great feeling for the park especially cause all the rides we want to bring her on and shows we want to see are open.

I have the flights, transfers and airport parking booked and paid so we just have to pay the balance for the hotel in April and we are good to go :banana:

I'm off shopping in the morning with DD for some essentials like new socks and pjs but have the suitcase half full with buys already :rotfl: I have a few bits ordered from Sports Direct too - they have great Disney bits available for pre order at the minute and these should arrive early April. Just need to get an extra travel adaptor really and a few bits for crafting and thats it :hyper: And then I need to stop spending money!

Craft Ideas / Personalised bits:

I'm not going as mad this time as I'll have far too much to be doing in the run up to Jemma's Holy Communion but I am making luggage tags up (kindly done for me on the Creative Dis board) and I bought the most fantastic autograph books from a lovely lady on facebook. I'll get photos up soon. Promise ;)
I'm also going to do some customised tee shirts for us all. They are simple enough to do, just need to buy the tees (all black) and cut templates, place them on the tees and spray over a mix of bleach and water. Will get them done soon and show you guys.

So I think thats that for now. Will return to share all my holiday purchases later on tomorrow :thumbsup2

Wooot! Looking forward to reading along!

Aaaawh thanks lovey, was itching to start mine after reading all you guys lovely PTRs lately.

All set for the partaaay? Hope Rosebug is all recovered xxx

Aaaawh thanks lovey, was itching to start mine after reading all you guys lovely PTRs lately.

All set for the partaaay? Hope Rosebug is all recovered xxx

Erm - well it is 23:37 and we are STILL up doing party stuff.....:faint:

PTR woo hoo!
Now I've seen your photo I'll have to keep an eye out for you there ;-)
LOVING your crafting ideas. I'll be needing photos ASAP! Have you a link for the autograph books?

PTR woo hoo!
Now I've seen your photo I'll have to keep an eye out for you there ;-)
LOVING your crafting ideas. I'll be needing photos ASAP! Have you a link for the autograph books?

Make sure and say Hi when you see us about :thumbsup2
I'll get them uploaded in the next few day :goodvibes
Will PM you the details for her facebook page

PTR! YAY! Reading along.

Good plans. We've never been to planet Hollywood. Never even considered. Maybe I should. Thanks for remining it exists!

I'm reading along :)
What a great trip you have planned Kizzy, bet your mam loves it as much as you do :goodvibes.

Have you picked jem dress yet I would love to see a pic !

Xx

Isila said:
PTR! YAY! Reading along.

Good plans. We've never been to planet Hollywood. Never even considered. Maybe I should. Thanks for remining it exists!

Their BBQ chicken taquitos or won tons are amazing! Had a good burger & the kids had a great meal. Thumbs up all around :)

ILOVEDLP said:
I'm reading along :)
What a great trip you have planned Kizzy, bet your mam loves it as much as you do :goodvibes.

Have you picked jem dress yet I would love to see a pic !

Xx

Sure do love. I'll post a pic when she's all done up. My sister is only starting to crochet her cardi so that wont be done for a bit but have shoes & tights & her hairband gotten. I just need to get outfits for myself & Shane. Thanks for reading along xxx

Their BBQ chicken taquitos or won tons are amazing! Had a good burger & the kids had a great meal. Thumbs up all around :)

I don't need reservation, do I?

Will be adding to meal plan for an evening.

Isila said:
I don't need reservation, do I?

Will be adding to meal plan for an evening.

No, you may have a bit of a wait if its busy. Im not sure if you can make reservations, I know Rainforest Cafe doesn't take reservations but not sure on PH.

Brilliant start! Looking forward to following along - some great plans afoot!

Bet your mam loves it and what a treat to be staying in the Pink palace - have to say even though HNY is my favorite I am really looking forward to returning t the DLH.

Enjoy all your planning - though it looks like you will be mad busy for the coming year with all your plans ;)

How exciting, especially staying at the DLH. We're also going in May but arriving the day after you leave. Can't wait!

Brilliant start! Looking forward to following along - some great plans afoot!

Bet your mam loves it and what a treat to be staying in the Pink palace - have to say even though HNY is my favorite I am really looking forward to returning t the DLH.

Enjoy all your planning - though it looks like you will be mad busy for the coming year with all your plans ;)

Thanks Jo, she is so excited!! So am I though - cant wait to be swanning in the doors and actually staying there this time!! Although I do very much love HNY. The smell is amazing. Lol I like keeping busy :rotfl: and it fits in well with my little holiday addiction ;) Still can't believe we are going to miss you in November! xx

How exciting, especially staying at the DLH. We're also going in May but arriving the day after you leave. Can't wait!

There seems to be loads of us off about the same time :grouphug: I hope my Mum feels like a queen for the few days. She is worth every bit of it although she's rivalling us with holidays this year! She is off to America to NYC with her friends in September and has 5 weekends away planned already this year! Great to see herself and Dad slowing down a bit now and making time for themselves. They worked hard for the six of us so its great they are able to enjoy winding down before they fully retire.
Are you at the DLH as well? We got a brilliant deal although I'd say we'd have been happy at the SF again. It was fab on our last trip :goodvibes

Are you at the DLH as well? We got a brilliant deal although I'd say we'd have been happy at the SF again. It was fab on our last trip :goodvibes

No, not this time. We stayed at the Sequoia Lodge last September and loved it so we're going back there. However my parents are coming too and they will be staying at the DLH - it's just handier for them as they might not want to spend as much time in the parks as us and they can just nip back for a rest whenever they like.

HFJohnson said:
No, not this time. We stayed at the Sequoia Lodge last September and loved it so we're going back there. However my parents are coming too and they will be staying at the DLH - it's just handier for them as they might not want to spend as much time in the parks as us and they can just nip back for a rest whenever they like.

Great idea.
SQL is lovely too. Love the whole feel of the place. And ride closures don't seem too bad at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter