Second Star to the Right and Straight on Til Morning PTR

jothp said:
I do love a good checklist :goodvibes

There is little in this world more reassuring. I'm 90% packed. Just have to pack my hand luggage. Feel like Santa, making my list and checking it twice!

ILOVEDLP said:
Good plan staying at your mams the night before make sense.
Oh I used to have one of those stroppy teenage hubby's he grew out of it when he hit 40 :crazy2:.
It's not easy is it Kizzy :confused3
I didn't know you not keen on flying ?
I must say after that long one last year I'm not keen to do another long haul.
4 hours about my limit at the me.
We are lucky having the Eurostar it's so much easier than flying.
Love a tick list.
The weather he is great if it's like this at DLP next week you best have sun cream in your cases too
Xx

Sun cream is packed and ready to go :-)
Oh he's an old grumpy boots and times but maybe he'll mellow a bit! Ah to be fair he is very laid back and he does love cleaning!
I so wish we had a Eurostar or similar! I wasn't too bad until a couple of years ago but DH spooked me (hes a very nervous flier) and I had/have anxiety so it all kind of got a bit much for me, it never stopped me flying thankfully. Panic attacks are hopefully gone. I haven't had one in a year but it was the worst couple of years when i was getting them regularly. I would love to go to Florida. Hopefully in the not too distant future and I think it won't bother me too much flying all that way but at the same time it'll probably be a once off trip.

There is little in this world more reassuring. I'm 90% packed. Just have to pack my hand luggage. Feel like Santa, making my list and checking it twice!
Ah you're way ahead of me! Lots packed but lots still to be packed too!

Do you take anything for the flight? I suffer from anxiety on and off too but not I relation to flying. It's more the packing that sets me off!!! Nice cold beer here to calm me down!

dhidra said:
Ah you're way ahead of me! Lots packed but lots still to be packed too!

Do you take anything for the flight? I suffer from anxiety on and off too but not I relation to flying. It's more the packing that sets me off!!! Nice cold beer here to calm me down!

At times I've taken valium for flying (and on my wedding day but the run up to it was during my worst bout of anxiety) but I don't need to now. I took a low dose of valium for a month and it stopped my anxiety, it broke the cycle for me.

Mine was at night and was a constant fear of death and serious illness. I would for instance panic at a leg cramp and presume it was a clot. It's horrible when your body tricks itself into that kind of state. I spent 2 years not sleeping great and being uneasy about leaving the house.

A few things help a lot, diet and exercise being the biggies plus not smoking but I'm kind of ignoring the last one as I've been smoking since January again. It's becoming an issue now so I know quiting is going to be on the agenda after holidays.
My bad nights sleep became a vicious cycle and would feed into anxiousness the following day with panic setting in like clockwork about 7pm. I now keep routines. I read or watch telly until I'm sleepy (distraction) and always get a good night's sleep now. I would be a little wary of sleeping alone still but not to the point that it's disruptive and the dog likes sleeping at my toes so that's a comfort if I find myself feeling anyway anxious.

It's such a crippling and debilitating disorder and the stigma attached to mental illness is awful but I've found so many friends and family members that suffer from it that I'm now open about my experience. It's always a relief to find someone who knows exactly how you feel and what you're going through.

I try to open about it but I still fear the stigma! Pregnancy kicked it off for me. So with no more kids planned I know the worst is over.

dhidra said:
I try to open about it but I still fear the stigma! Pregnancy kicked it off for me. So with no more kids planned I know the worst is over.

I found mine had a lot to do with my sense of mortality which was definitely due to having the kids. It's all that extra worry you just don't have before you have kids!
A few of my friends anxiety came about from messing with things from the head shops. How they ever permitted the sale of legal highs in this country is beyond me. I remember listening to people on Joe Duffy about how they're family members were having mental breakdowns and psychotic incidents and thinking that those things must cause huge harm.
It's so hard to be in the middle of a bout of anxiety and you would be certain if you talked to any they would think you were losing your mind.

Ahh Kizzy :grouphug:
I could of written all of that about me :(
I suffered postnatal depression after the birth of my second child.
I was so ill I was in hospital for 6 weeks.
I thought that she was going to die I had a really bad birth with her she was was over 9 and half pound born with her cord wrapped round her neck she was blue and it took them ages to get her to breath.
After that I couldn't sleep the thought put fear in me.
I suffered panic attacks at thought of sleep"
It gives you a sense like you say of your own mortality.
I suffered in my 20s with eating disorders too.
My DH didn't want to have any more kids because I was so ill after dd2.
We now our 3ds I was a only child and always wanted a big family.
I do think trying to be all things to all people ie a good wife mother cleaner can put a huge amount of pressure on you and you.
I won't worry to much about smoking at the min Kizzy I was on and off them till I was 32.
Like you said sometimes taking a chill pill can make people worse.
I bet thought disneyland keeps you going I know it's helped get me through some bad times in the last 12 years xxx

I found mine had a lot to do with my sense of mortality which was definitely due to having the kids. It's all that extra worry you just don't have before you have kids! A few of my friends anxiety came about from messing with things from the head shops. How they ever permitted the sale of legal highs in this country is beyond me. I remember listening to people on Joe Duffy about how they're family members were having mental breakdowns and psychotic incidents and thinking that those things must cause huge harm. It's so hard to be in the middle of a bout of anxiety and you would be certain if you talked to any they would think you were losing your mind.
You've hit the nail on the head there.
I can't believe that about the head shops. I remember when they got really popular.

Ahh Kizzy :grouphug: I could of written all of that about me :( I suffered postnatal depression after the birth of my second child. I was so ill I was in hospital for 6 weeks. I thought that she was going to die I had a really bad birth with her she was was over 9 and half pound born with her cord wrapped round her neck she was blue and it took them ages to get her to breath. After that I couldn't sleep the thought put fear in me. I suffered panic attacks at thought of sleep" It gives you a sense like you say of your own mortality. I suffered in my 20s with eating disorders too. My DH didn't want to have any more kids because I was so ill after dd2. We now our 3ds I was a only child and always wanted a big family. I do think trying to be all things to all people ie a good wife mother cleaner can put a huge amount of pressure on you and you. I won't worry to much about smoking at the min Kizzy I was on and off them till I was 32. Like you said sometimes taking a chill pill can make people worse. I bet thought disneyland keeps you going I know it's helped get me through some bad times in the last 12 years xxx
Fair play to you for going on to have more children. I didn't like being pregnant at all, I couldn't face it again. Thankfully I am more than happy with my two boys. <3

You're right about the cigs, it's not the end of the world! Kizzy you can give up when the time is right.

Fair play to you for going on to have more children. I didn't like being pregnant at all, I couldn't face it again. Thankfully I am more than happy with my two boys. <3

You're right about the cigs, it's not the end of the world! Kizzy you can give up when the time is right.

Thanks Dee :)
They have big age gaps because DH wasn't that keen dd2 was 4 when Adam was born and Adam he was 10 when the twins where born.

When you are happy with your family then it is time to stop :)
Do not put your self thought it again.
It can be really hard.
I know I've been in that dark place I hated my self from the age of about 17 to 27.
I'm a pretty happy person now thought.

Kizzy don't be to hard on your self xx

Thanks ladies. It's lovely to have that feeling and reassurance that others have the same struggles and know exactly how you feel. For me it was never being pregnant. I loved that! But I suppose fear that something would happen us or the kids. I was like a zombie and might get an hours sleep. DH was fairly good but never had panic attacks so couldn't really empathise but only for him I wouldn't have been able to sleep at all. I often panicked when he was out and he'd come home asap. It really effected everything in our lives. But now I'm feeling like I'm out the other side and I've tackled the social anxiety a bit (made some lovely new friends and starting a college course in September). Things are looking up. Hopefully this horrible thing is in the past for us all ladies xx

All booked in! Got row 12 window and middle on both sides so I'm delighted. Got up with the larks to do it but much happier now it's done :banana: 1 tiny sleep left!!!

One sleep :cool1::cool1:
Hope you have the best time ever.
Can not to read all about it !!

Pleased to read you feeling more positive about things.
You will have to tell us what your doing at collage.
I did that when I was 28 trained as a chef.
Xx

ILOVEDLP said:
One sleep :cool1::cool1:
Hope you have the best time ever.
Can not to read all about it !!

Pleased to read you feeling more positive about things.
You will have to tell us what your doing at collage.
I did that when I was 28 trained as a chef.
Xx

Thanks Rach!
Going to do business studies but with the hope of getting work in a travel agents. Fingers crossed! I'll be 28 doing it too. Must be a good age for a change of direction ;)
Didn't get a bag but I picked up a cheap one that will do. The shop I'd seen the handbag in was closed for refurbishment so hubby is warned: we're hitting the shops when I get home :)
Very very excited now! Picked the kids up lovely pixar & princess activity books in Aldi so we are sorted now!

I saw those books in aldi :thumbsup2
I was at work last night so just able to post now.
Have a wonderful time.
Can not wait to hear all about it :)
X

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter