Secret Pal Swap - Interest thread

MazdaUK

<font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><
Hello all!

This is an interest thread for the Secret Pal Swap jointly hosted by Mazda UK and Mickeyteacher:goodvibes Proposed dates as follows:

Sign-ups - Feb. 18
Allocation: March 4
1st package to arrive by April 15
2nd package to arrive by May 15

We'll be having an adults and kiddos group. This is for previous swappers and their kiddos - sorry, not a newbie swap:sad2:. This is for the protection of everyone participating to ensure that everyone both sends and receives goodies - nothing against anyone but there have been parcels go "missing" along the way and we'd hate anyone to be disappointed.

The questions we propose are in the next post - if anyone has any queries or ideas for questions please reply!

Here are the questions we propose - once sign-ups open you will be asked to complete the questionnaire and PM it to Mickeyteacher and myself. we will then allocate the person you get to send to - but you won't know who's sending to you til the reveal :rolleyes:

Questionaire:
Name:

DisBoard Name:
Address:

What size books do you scrap?

What album are you currently working on?

What themes do you have waiting to scrap?

Do you have children?

Do you scrap for them?

Do you have pets?

Do you scrap for them?

What is your favorite embellishment?

What is your favorite color?

What month is your birthday?

Do you like homemade surprises?

What are your favorite candy/ snack?

Are you allergic to anything?

Is there anything you know you do not like to use in your books?

Do you collect anything?

Do you like scented lotions/ candles? If so, any favorites?

Is there something special you are learning about(another culture/new sport/activity?

What scrap/craft shops do you have nearby?

What online stores do you enjoy (or have wishlists at)?

Is there anything else you would like your buddy to know about you?

Will you ship Internationally?

Children's Questionare:
Name:

DisBoard Name:

Parent's Name:

Address:

Sex:

Do you scrap?

What size books do you scrap?

What album are you currently working on?

What themes do you have waiting to scrap?

Do you have pets?

Do you scrap for them?

What is your favorite embellishment?

What is your favorite color?

What month is your birthday?

Do you like homemade surprises?

What are your favorite candy/ snack?

Are you allergic to anything?

Is there anything you know you do not like to use in your books?

Is there anything else you would like your buddy to know about you?

Do you collect anything?

What is your favorite type of toy?

Where do you like to spend money?

If you could have 1 small thing(under $10) what would you want?

Mazda--

Could you explain a little more about how this swap works please :)
*What are the expectations
*how big should each package be
*How many packages (looks like 2 or 3)
*Can things be purchased or should everything be homemade
*What sorts of thing have people sent before
*Anything else I need to know

Thanks, Cheryl

I have participated in swaps like this before and it is fun. Will there be a $$ amount set and certain guidelines too like the number of NIP items, the number of handmade items, etc. I might be interested, I love secret pal swaps : )

Mazda, could I send you my info prior to the 18th??? Megan and I are flying out to CO to see wdwmickey and some other friends, please let me know and I can PM it to you before we leave Thanks!!!

I did a couple of these back in 2007 I think it was! so much fun picking things out for my buddies! and seeing what other people pick out for you based on the questions!!

I'm in for this and probably for Megan too, even though she doesn't really "scrapbook" yet, she loves using stickers and what not for her own creations!

my two cents on the $$ issue, you really don't have to spend much, it was fun to be creative, you can shop your own stash, make stuff, check out clearance bins, etc. I felt this was more about sending little surprises and thoughtfulness than the $$, I made sure to include something from all their Fav's on the list!
ex: for one of my SS, her fav color was purple and she loved gardening, so I made her a mini kit for her using purple's and a gardening theme, got her fav candy, some lotion, stickers & embellishments!

Okay--I thought of another question. If I play I'm sure Rachel (MusicalDisneyDreams) will want to play too. Would she go in the adult or kids group?

My DD was asking when you were going to have this again. We would love to do this. I haven't been in any other swaps lately, but I hope we can still do this one. Let me know. I just can't do the other swaps with the baby. he takes up a lot of my time, but My DD11 loves to shop so we can spend some quality time shopping for this.

Normally there is a set price amount for each package. You can send homemmade and store bought goodies- they can be scrap related or not (just should match the likes/dislikes on the questionaire).

It is just like a spring secret santa as mentioned earlier.

I will leave the specifics for our hostesses to address but these are a few basics for people asking for more info.

Rebecca

Let me answer a few questions:

Could you explain a little more about how this swap works please :)
*What are the expectations You will need to send 2 packages (one the middle of April and One the middle of May) The packages should include around $15 worth of stuff in each
*how big should each package be Around $15 each
*How many packages (looks like 2 or 3) 2 packages
*Can things be purchased or should everything be homemade You can make stuff and buy stuff- it is up to you.
*What sorts of thing have people sent before- the sky is the limit- we have had all kinds of things sent in the past.
*Anything else I need to know

Here is a question for all of you:
Should we set themes for each package or do you want to have free choice?
S :)

Okay--I thought of another question. If I play I'm sure Rachel (MusicalDisneyDreams) will want to play too. Would she go in the adult or kids group?

She is welcome to join either group- She can let us know when she signes up.

Thank you for answering all my questions so quickly. This sounds like fun :)

DD will also want to do the kid swap too. Let us know if you have any more questions!

Here's some of the things I've had in the past....

hand-made albums (paper bag, CD etc)
paper stacks
Stickers
embellishments (brads etc)
candles
scented body scrub and moisturiser (in plastic bottles - remember people post overseas to me!)
Other handmade goodies,
pattern books for my Xyron PCS
candy

and DS has had

stickers
pens
t-shirt
hand-made album
craft kits
more stickers!
candy
fun embellishments

I've also sent books via amazon.com - you can hide your ID, in fact a lot of online stores can do this (I've had pacages from ACOT and sent using scrap your trip)

HTH

since we will be in CO visiting wdwmickey and other friends, I will do our sign up on Tues when we get home if that's okay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter