• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

secrets you forgot

Does anyone know what tune the musical notes at the All Star Music Resort play? They are around the reception desks and on the front of the resort buildings. Just wondering! Besides, this will serve as a "bump"!

I THINK "When the Saints Go Marching In" but I'm not sure...

From what I can find, TY Google, it looks like it's still there. Thanks for the tip.

We went to ride the Star Tours ride during our last trip...Dec of 09 and there was a section on the right side walking out of the gift shop where you can build your own light saber. Same cost....it will save you a trip to DTD if you were only going there to make it. I know in Once upon a Toy store you can also do the Potato Head and My Little Pony but they also have the potato head in Toon Town in Magic Kingdom.

Also we asked for wake up calls every day we were there...I had previously stayed and loved my wake up calls as a kid....I got two days of a recorded woman saying this is your wake up call and three days of no sound at all.....thank god for alarm clocks!!!

Does anyone know what tune the musical notes at the All Star Music Resort play? They are around the reception desks and on the front of the resort buildings. Just wondering! Besides, this will serve as a "bump"!

desk is "When You Wish Upon a Star"

We went to ride the Star Tours ride during our last trip...Dec of 09 and there was a section on the right side walking out of the gift shop where you can build your own light saber. Same cost....it will save you a trip to DTD if you were only going there to make it. I know in Once upon a Toy store you can also do the Potato Head and My Little Pony but they also have the potato head in Toon Town in Magic Kingdom.

Also we asked for wake up calls every day we were there...I had previously stayed and loved my wake up calls as a kid....I got two days of a recorded woman saying this is your wake up call and three days of no sound at all.....thank god for alarm clocks!!!

We were there in December too and I also noticed that the wake up calls were not consistent. Of the four times I used it, I only heard Mickey and Stitch twice. The other times there was no sound.

I was wondering if anyone has any experince/advice on a limo company to use in Orlando. We'd like to get a stretch rather than a towncar to surprise the kids. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I was wondering if anyone has any experince/advice on a limo company to use in Orlando. We'd like to get a stretch rather than a towncar to surprise the kids. Any help is greatly appreciated.

We've used Happy Limo to Port Canaveral 3x and all 3x we were upgrade from a regular stretch to a huge Escalade w/40" plasma tv. We loved it!!!
Mousesavers also offers a coupon.

http://www.mousesavers.com/limo.html#port

GREAT thread! I'm subscribing as well as adding the few that I can remember.

- After leaving the HM look at the cement ground outside by the horse drawn hearse and you'll find an engagement ring in the cement.
- While riding the HM in the flying ghosts scene with the singing heads, peek in the area on the right where the killer bride is in and look in her hand...you'll spot a hidden Mickey!
- Resorts have refillable mugs for about $12. They pay for themselves with approx. 6 fills.
- Get a FastPass for Toy Story Mania as soon as you enter the park. Otherwise you'll either not get a FastPass or you'll end up waiting 2.5+ hours to get on the ride.
- The park that has extra magic hours tends to be the busiest of all the other parks so plan your day accordingly.
- The TOT is different everytime time it's riden.

I had more but it's hard to remember them all. If they pop back into my head I'll edit this post. :)

GREAT thread! I'm subscribing as well as adding the few that I can remember.

- After leaving the HM look at the cement ground outside by the horse drawn hearse and you'll find an engagement ring in the cement.
-

What I heard about the ring was that there was a place in the pavement ( a washer, or some tool bit that got left in the pavement when they were paving the sidewalk that wasn't supposed to be a ring, but Disney fans created the lore that it was the ring thrown by the bride from the attic. When the refurb was done a few years ago..it was removed. I didn't know this until after I went looking for it two years ago.:laughing:

What I heard about the ring was that there was a place in the pavement ( a washer, or some tool bit that got left in the pavement when they were paving the sidewalk that wasn't supposed to be a ring, but Disney fans created the lore that it was the ring thrown by the bride from the attic. When the refurb was done a few years ago..it was removed. I didn't know this until after I went looking for it two years ago.:laughing:

Good to know. Thank you! I noticed it about 3 or 4 years ago and I was like :eek:

Just stumbled across this thread and can't wait to read them all. We've been there so many times and can't believe all the secrets that we've been missing. What a great idea!!! Thanks.

About the wake up calls, I *thought* if you put the wake up time as an odd time you have a better chance of getting Mickey. So do 7:32 instead of 7:30 and maybe you can get Mickey.

We've used Happy Limo to Port Canaveral 3x and all 3x we were upgrade from a regular stretch to a huge Escalade w/40" plasma tv. We loved it!!!
Mousesavers also offers a coupon.

Called and made my reservation. Much better price than what DW was asking for roundtrip stretch service.

You can add your 'ride photo' from Test Track to your photopass card.

I forgot this in December.

For the family going in April with Star Wars fans - make sure you do Jedi Training. This is done several times during the day but the 1st show is the easier one to get your kids into. We made the mad dash for Toy Story Mania and the booked it over to Star Tours and had to wait about 10 minutes for Jedi Training. It was Sept. and very low crowds. Have your children stand close to the front if they are interested in being selected. They need to hop up and down, scream and wave their hands to get picked. I also made a Star Wars Tshirt and The force is in this one sign from the Disgner boards. They pick about 10 - 15 kids to go on stage and train as a padawon (Yeah O probably spelled that wrong). After they train they each get to fight darth vader and receive a certificate. There is also a photopass photographer for the whole thing - you just go to the photo place right near the front enterance to pick out the ones with your child in them. It was one of the most magical things in our trip. My son still thinks he really fought darth vader.
Image043-1.jpg

Image061-1.jpg

Image103-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter