• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

secrets you forgot

Those pics look great and are exactly what our little jedi would love to experience. He's such a fan of SW and it would make his trip to be able to battle the real Darth Vader. We haven't told him about the Jedi training, we want that to be a surprise.

Can't wait, still marking off the days on the Disney calendar.

My DH and I love to go on a 'date night' to the Poly and watch the electrical light boat parade (the name escapes me) and lie in the hammocks later. It's so lovely there.

LAst time we were there, Captain Jack appeared next to Pirates of the Carib. to "train" new pirates. A few kids get major attention and a lot get some. Our kids got to do it each time we saw it and they got a certificate. BTW, he looks JUST like Captain Jack and joked with us as well.
The first time, we were the first there and they seemed to notice as they picked our DD5 first.

Not sure if he was physically over Disney property but we were at the Poly and saw a sky-writer very nearby on a Sunday in August, writing religious statements.

I've seen this the past two times I went to Disney. I was in EPCOT.

I just got the book the Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World. I a completely amazed by the book and would recommend it. Remember the saying back in the late 80's "I want to be like Mike" it should be I so would love to be a part of Walt's mind. It is amazing his thinking behind every little thing. It is simply put Magical.

My DH and I love to go on a 'date night' to the Poly and watch the electrical light boat parade (the name escapes me) and lie in the hammocks later. It's so lovely there.

We love this too! :thumbsup2 A frozen drink from the bar and a lounge chair on the "beach" and we are lovin' our vacation! :cloud9:

Hah there are some great ones on here. I think I have a few to add.

* The reason why gum is not sold in the parks or in the resorts is because Walt Disney wanted children to be able to walk the parks barefoot.

I am now going to walk through the parks barefoot when I go!!:rotfl2:

At the firehouse in the Magic Kindgom they have an honorary fireman of the day. We just happened to be in there browsing the shop and a family came in with two children who were picked to be the honorary firemen. They got hats and got to ring the bell. The CM's working at the firehouse sang, "For he's a jolly good fellow!"

It was pretty neat.

I'm definitley going to see if I can get them to make my dad, who's an ex-firefighter, the honorary firefighter of the day. :wizard:

Thanks for this tip! I wish they would add all of the ride photos to the photopass

That would be really cool! :thumbsup2 WDW & DL should both do that. One more reason for me to use PhotoPass; I didn't on a lot of previous trips, and I've never purchased a ride photo directly...

I just spent the last 2 hours reading this post. Thanks for all the tips/secrets! Can't wait to go!!!

We love this too! :thumbsup2 A frozen drink from the bar and a lounge chair on the "beach" and we are lovin' our vacation! :cloud9:

I have a question about a date just like that, since we'll have our 4 and 2 y/o DD's with us, with no one else, are they allowed and then my wife :love:and I can just have some kind of date. We would love :lovestructo do that, it sounds wonderful, but like I said we'll have our little ones with us. Just wondering if we could bring them to enjoy the PARADE OF LIGHTS.:thumbsup2

It's been a while since my wife and I went on a date and would love to go on a very special date when we go in Nov.. The baby sitters club that Disney offers is probably going to be way too expensive, that's why we are going to look for things we can do with our 2 DD's. So, if someone has any kind of answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all that REPLY and have a Magical Day.:thumbsup2

It's been a while since my wife and I went on a date and would love to go on a very special date when we go in Nov.. The baby sitters club that Disney offers is probably going to be way too expensive, that's why we are going to look for things we can do with our 2 DD's. So, if someone has any kind of answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all that REPLY and have a Magical Day.:thumbsup2

sorry I can't help with your upcoming trip but I'd highly recommend a Disney cruise. Their kids' clubs are included with the price of the cruise (along w/unltd food and drinks, non alc.) Parents are given a pager and any time the kids want their parents, they text you. When lunch or dinner time comes, they take them all to eat then back to the club.

It's awesome!! My kids only go for certain activities and 85% of the time they're with us but it's nice to have a little break. Other people have to literally drag their kids out of the club; they don't want to leave. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter