*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* From Spain to Space Mountain - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing the in-laws down from KC today, and always hope they would bring cooler weather with them. Unfortunately, it never works that way :confused3

Don't plan on that - here in STL we're starting a solid week of 95+ degree weather, so if KC is anything like us this week, you're outta luck! :)

Don't plan on that - here in STL we're starting a solid week of 95+ degree weather, so if KC is anything like us this week, you're outta luck! :)

Blah. The last time we were in STL, we went to the zoo, and about evaporated! I think that was last August.

Finally ready for our garage sale. I hate setting up, but like the money it makes. It's too windy to put things out on the driveway and way too humid to be stuck in the garage. Not a fun day to do this when it's already 80F outside at 6am.

Just thought I'd post since I need to do something to keep myself awake for the last hour before we open up. I got finished with an hour to spare, so that's a good thing, I guess.

Good luck with your garage sale .... hope you make lots of dosh to spend on the cruise :thumbsup2

Finally ready for our garage sale. I hate setting up, but like the money it makes. It's too windy to put things out on the driveway and way too humid to be stuck in the garage. Not a fun day to do this when it's already 80F outside at 6am.

Just thought I'd post since I need to do something to keep myself awake for the last hour before we open up. I got finished with an hour to spare, so that's a good thing, I guess.

YAY for a garage sale! :thumbsup2 And I hear you about 80F... I am doing a boot camp at 5:30 AM three days a week, and the ONLY reason I am doing it that early is because of the summer temps!

Bringing the in-laws down from KC today, and always hope they would bring cooler weather with them. Unfortunately, it never works that way :confused3

Yuck - don't come here in August - that's the worst! Although Dallas can't be much worse at that point!

Got all of you beat. 99 yesterday, 99+ today, 99+ tomorrow. Those are the temps, too, not heat index. Insane humidity, but no rain in sight - which we desperately need.

I was working at the Commissary yesterday and every time I walked outside I thought I was going to pass out. I'm making sure I drink lots of water, and using my 50SPF sunscreen. I keep hoping that working in that kind of heat burns extra calories, but I'm not so sure. It's hard to even move in it, let alone move quickly enough to burn calories.

While I think of it, I'm going to Orlando at the end of the month to see my parents. I'll definitely be making a trip to DTD and the Outlet stores. Let me know if any of you need me to look for anything for you.

Happy Day Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! We just come in one day before the cruise, so I don't think we're in double digits yet, but I'm not really counting.....September seems a long way away from now. too long!

If I was a dog, I'd be a terrier. :dog2:

She's my cousin - the pit bull. :dog2:

LOL Pat! I am no doormat, but often wish I was more assertive.

Best of luck on your garage sale! I have a bunch of things that I need to put on Ebay but have just been lazy about it.

Good luck with your garage sale, I hope it's not too hot for you.

Happy Day Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! We just come in one day before the cruise, so I don't think we're in double digits yet, but I'm not really counting.....September seems a long way away from now. too long!

It is 99 days until we board the ship, so everyone can dance today. :dance3:

Hi everyone... looks like I will join you on the WBTA.... We had a ball on the EBTA last month...... I am looking forward to meeting ya'll

I'm headed down to the STL area this weekend to visit my sister in Highland, IL. It's ALWAYS way hotter in the summer there than in Chicago! I went to college in Jacksonville, IL which is also in the area, and it was always hot there too. It's not that far away, but the weather can be SOOO much different!

Hi everyone... looks like I will join you on the WBTA.... We had a ball on the EBTA last month...... I am looking forward to meeting ya'll

Welcome onborad Jill :wave: - We are Neil & Michelle this will be our first TA cruise, but 4th overall.

Oops, guess that photo was kinda big. :rolleyes1
Picture of my Ipod taken with retro camera on my Droid phone :laughing: too bad I can't take a picture of my droid countdown with my ipod.

Hi, where can I find that ticker? I have a iPhone and I like to have this one on it too.Thanks

I saw to late that you post the answer already. Thanks, I will add the app.

not sure if there is something wrong on the magic, dh has been tracking her today and she has just turned back and has now stopped, she is in the middle of the ocean between ports, seems very strange hope everything is ok,

Welcome aboard. :cool1: We are Claire & Lee. this will be our 3rd cruise. (1st TA)

Thanks, I downloaded this AM - much nicer than Ticker Factory - that one is being deleted! :)
You're welcome

Thank you again :) I like that one. Sadly not available for my wildfire:(
sorry about that, you would think it could work with all Android phones :confused3

Yep. Which is why you smile sweetly and keep your voice calm and steady when inquiring about the "no pedophile" guarantee. ;)

:laughing: Pat you are a hoot!

Welcome aboard :goodvibes
Did you have the Desperate Shipmates activity on the Eastbound or some kind of "Who Dunnit" ?

not sure if there is something wrong on the magic, dh has been tracking her today and she has just turned back and has now stopped, she is in the middle of the ocean between ports, seems very strange hope everything is ok,

I hope all is well there.

That is strange .. didn't we also hear that the Magic was early getting to Barcelona?

WooHoo!! Another Texan! :thumbsup2 Welcome aboard, Jill! We're Curt and Mandy from other side of the population density, traveling with our two young daughters. First time DCL, first time transatlantic, first time for our daughters to cruise, but 9th cruise for us. All of those were 7-nighters, so we are most definitely looking forward to a longer sailing!

A round-trip transatlantic, eh? A relative just got home to Houston after taking the NCL Epic to Barcelona a couple weeks ago. He bought a roundtrip airline ticket from there... so he will use his return portion to go back for the WBTA NCL Epic. He usually travels solo, so their new single rooms works well for him.

Hmmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter