*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* - From Spain to Space Mountain - Part 6

Dawn,

We stayed at the YWCA in Vancouver - it was definitely cheaper than the hotels. Clean, air conditioned, safe. Right across from the BC Center (and Costco), just down the road the street from a subway station.

Best wishes to your dad.

She stayed a few nights at the Burrard Motor Inn, which is right next to the hospital. She's a very "small town" lady, and doesn't feel comfortable on transit (and won't be driving in the city), and wants to be as close as she can. Being separated is driving them both crazy - neither one is good without the other.

I think she's got a rate of $80 a night, and will be bringing a lot of her own food supplies so she won't have to spend a lot in restaurants. It's just a huge financial hit they weren't expecting - they live 6 hours drive away, and she can't just come and go as she pleases. Any friends we have in the city live in the outskirts (North Van, Steveston, Richmond) and it's not practical to commute that far.

I just wish I was there and could fix this. :guilty:

Hey board! I haven't been on here since the cruise! Its been hectic jumping into substitute teaching, and then applying to disney for that internship at animal kingdom... GREAT news for those who aren't on facebook... They hired me! I'll be working the park starting in January!!! cannot wait! Hopefully see you all there!

Hey board! I haven't been on here since the cruise! Its been hectic jumping into substitute teaching, and then applying to disney for that internship at animal kingdom... GREAT news for those who aren't on facebook... They hired me! I'll be working the park starting in January!!! cannot wait! Hopefully see you all there!

well done josh, thats great news :)

Congrats! Hope to see you when we are there in March!!

**** and an update on my dad... he's having open heart surgery on Thursday. So right now, he's sitting at St Pauls Hospital in Vancouver on his own (my mom can't afford the hotel for this whole week, plus the 10 days he'll be staying post-op), bored out of his mind. He'd just like to get the show on the road. He's feeling good, and is having a hard time believing all this fuss is about him. Thanks for all the good wishes - they've really helped!!

Your parents will be in my prayers, Hon. Hang tough!:hug:

Josh, I'm SO glad for you!
:dance3:

Thank you thank you! I'm a conservation education presenter... so I'll have the invertebrates and bio facts in the front of the park in the morning, then working with the team to run the kid stops throughout the park! Basically i get to play all day!:yay:
That sounds like so much fun...ENJOY! :thumbsup2

Thank you thank you! I'm a conservation education presenter... so I'll have the invertebrates and bio facts in the front of the park in the morning, then working with the team to run the kid stops throughout the park! Basically i get to play all day!:yay:

Looks like all the chat's over on facebook now..... it's so quiet here!

Congratulations again Josh, OMG I didn't realise that you would be doing that, that means you are the person I avoid at the front of AK with the tarantula in the box :scared1: I'll shout over in advance to see what you have in your glass box before I come over to say hello :rotfl2::rotfl2: See you next June :cool1:

Congrats Josh. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Thinking of you & your Dad today Dawn, sending lots of pixie dust that the operation goes well. :hug:

Congratulations Josh. How long are working there? Because I don't know when we got back to WDW.
Next year we are going to Disneyland, Anaheim and Cruising to Hawaii and the Wonder leaves from Los Angeles, so WDW is not in the picture for a while.k

And Dawn I will thinking of you and your Dad today. I hope everthing went well.

Congratulations Josh :)

Hope all goes well with your Dad Dawn.

Huge congratulations once again Josh!!!! :banana::banana:

How long will you be working there for?

Dawn - hope all goes well for your dad today, :hug:

Huge congratulations once again Josh!!!! :banana::banana:
How long will you be working there for?

how long will you be there for?

Congratulations Josh. How long are working there? Because I don't know when we got back to WDW.
Next year we are going to Disneyland, Anaheim and Cruising to Hawaii and the Wonder leaves from Los Angeles, so WDW is not in the picture for a while.k

Thanks! My current position is from January 12-July 6... I am hoping to do a second internship either at DAK or Animal Kingdom Lodge through the rest of the year... And eventually... a full time position :-D I'm seeing a long term future with the Ed department in Disney!

Looks like all the chat's over on facebook now..... it's so quiet here!

Congratulations again Josh, OMG I didn't realise that you would be doing that, that means you are the person I avoid at the front of AK with the tarantula in the box :scared1: I'll shout over in advance to see what you have in your glass box before I come over to say hello :rotfl2::rotfl2: See you next June :cool1:

I will be that guy with the box! Atleast in the morning... the rest of the day, the team of 20 rotates through the awesome kidcot funstops... playing all day and talking about awesome conservation projects Disney is a part of!

Congratulations Josh!
Hope you get that extension and are still there when we come in August.
Wish we had Palo´s brunch booked for tomorrow:cool1:

Carole, Mike and Jenny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter