Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Con5421 -> Lanyard Pins - meant to say before we might be interested depending on cost and design!

Wich desgin wount you like? I have send already some desgin to a pinmaker to get a price. The more we buy how cheaper the price.

Let me now what you like.

Connie

Terapin--Just a story about the Lasik, so same thing doesn't happen to you. A friend of mine was warned about the noise of the machine so she wouldn't be startled. She too had taken Valium and was practically asleep when they did the procedure. On her first eye, she was startled by the noise and this botched the procedure. The doc yelled at her for moving! She also said it was in a dentist like chair and she felt this contributed to her inability to keep her head still. She had the procedure redone, at their expense, a year later to correct the problem and they've told her she may need more re-dos in the future. So, you might want to ask them how they prevent the patient from moving their head during the procedure.

SECRET MICKEY EXCHANGE

I was supposed to be closing the Secret Mickey exchange on July 1st but as you have only just joined us I will keep it open for just a few more days.

SECRET MICKEY EXCHANGE WILL CLOSE SOON .... SO PLEASE SIGN UP ASAP.

Sarah I sent you a PM

I have been so busy trying to get my daughter ready for her 2 week trip to Russia this weekend that I have fell way behind on keeping up with everyone on here. I have skimmed over the last few pages of part 6 and managed to catch up with the few pages of part 7 this morning. I hope I have not missed anything. Hopefully once I have her on the plane, I can concentrate on MY TRIP......11 more weeks until I leave :woohoo:

Have a great day everyone :love:

Happy Canada Day

to all my canadian pirate transatlantics friends :)

Wich desgin wount you like? I have send already some desgin to a pinmaker to get a price. The more we buy how cheaper the price.

Let me now what you like.

Connie

I like the flag one we have more than the pirates I think assuming we are using one of the two

Couldn't find the link to this thread in the messages, but with this group I just checked the cruise meets page and sure enough this thread was on the first page. :cool1:

In terms of what to wear on the flight, layers in natural fibres... it can be freezing cold or boiling hot, you can never tell. I take fresh underwear/socks with me to change part way - if I can't have a shower, at least a wash and partial change of clothing can help feel a bit more human. I'll be wearing light cotton pants, long sleeve tshirt and a light knit top probably. Footwear, as someone else mentioned will be slip on/off shoes - there isn't much room to move so something easily put on and off is good and slip on is great if feet/ankles swell up which they usually do after that long sitting.
You had to bring up underwear in the new thread eh? :lmao:

First Day Jet LAg -> Have to say me and my sister flew in on the red eye from Cardiff for the last TA (arriving at 11pm the ngiht before) Now we had worked all day - from 7am-3pm - then gone straight for the plane pretty much so were knackered. We had a 2 hour cuffule with the room - wrong keys, having to queue twice for new keys, wrong reservation number so king bed etc and got to bed about 3am. Weirdly the next day the thought of the cruise made us up by 8am and ready to go. Didn't stop until 10pm that night!

Sorry to hear about your blood test redo. I'm giving a pint tomorrow.

This will be us on our trip this year. work all day on the 9th get on the plane at 9:30pm and arrive in London at 8AM. I hope I sleep on the plane.

Couldn't find the link to this thread in the messages, but with this group I just checked the cruise meets page and sure enough this thread was on the first page. :cool1:

You had to bring up underwear in the new thread eh? :lmao:

Sorry to hear about your blood test redo. I'm giving a pint tomorrow.

This will be us on our trip this year. work all day on the 9th get on the plane at 9:30pm and arrive in London at 8AM. I hope I sleep on the plane.

Fingers crossed you will!

Just checking in. :wave2:

Work has been busy and I have had very little time to read/skim the posts let alone chat with everyone. Hope all is well!

I go to bed and wake up and we're on another thead! LOL!!

This may sound like a strange question, but has anybody ever traveled with a bottle (a big bottle) of hand sanitizer in their checked luggage? Whenever we go to WDW, we just pick it up after we arrive at WDW but I'm not sure if it is available in Spain. Thanks for any advice!

Apologies in advance if you see me that first day we arrive as I will probably be zombie like...

I plan to fall asleep to Disney tunes on my ipod, on the overnight (8 hrs) flight to Barcelona. :cool1: We will be in Barcelona three days before the cruise, to give us time to sightsee and get over jet lag. I see naps at the hotel in our future. :dance3: Total time in the air is only 13 hours, leave Portland, OR at 8 am and arrive in Barcelona at 8 am the next day. Thats only 15 hours travel time, with time change (Barcelona is 9 hours ahead of us, West Coast, USA) :woohoo:

This may sound like a strange question, but has anybody ever traveled with a bottle (a big bottle) of hand sanitizer in their checked luggage? Whenever we go to WDW, we just pick it up after we arrive at WDW but I'm not sure if it is available in Spain. Thanks for any advice!

We have them in the UK so I assume Europe has them too.

For once I will not be looking like a zombie on the first day of our holiday .... only 2 hour flight from this end :woohoo:

However if I haven't had any sleep for about a week with all the excitement :yay::yay: I may well be joining the zombie club !!!! I don't think I will truly relax until that first evening in Barcelona :yay::yay::yay:

That was my thought exactly Sarah.....it's going to be a change not to be looking like a zombie this time! :rotfl2: Sorry everyone! Like you though, with all the excitement I won't be sleeping for a couple of weeks beforehand :goodvibes

Sarah I sent you a PM

I have been so busy trying to get my daughter ready for her 2 week trip to Russia this weekend that I have fell way behind on keeping up with everyone on here. I have skimmed over the last few pages of part 6 and managed to catch up with the few pages of part 7 this morning. I hope I have not missed anything. Hopefully once I have her on the plane, I can concentrate on MY TRIP......11 more weeks until I leave :woohoo:

Have a great day everyone :love:

Hope your dd has a great trip to Russia :woohoo:

Oh I just did the coolest thing!

I used google streets to get a 'walking' tour of our hotel and surrounding area! It was just being there (almost!). Really helped give me a visual of the area and what to expect! So amazingly, freaking cool!

I just googled "google streetview 27 rambla de catalunya" and there it was! We are staying at Hotel Praktik Ramblas.

Mom- I sent you an email link. Click on the arrows on the street to move forward down the street, and the directional arrows to move around the frame.

Terapin--Just a story about the Lasik, so same thing doesn't happen to you. A friend of mine was warned about the noise of the machine so she wouldn't be startled. She too had taken Valium and was practically asleep when they did the procedure. On her first eye, she was startled by the noise and this botched the procedure. The doc yelled at her for moving! She also said it was in a dentist like chair and she felt this contributed to her inability to keep her head still. She had the procedure redone, at their expense, a year later to correct the problem and they've told her she may need more re-dos in the future. So, you might want to ask them how they prevent the patient from moving their head during the procedure.

Thanks! The newest technology can move with your eyes and so apparently this flaw has been corrected. They said that while you should try to keep still, even if you didn't it would track perfectly. I dunno.

Thanks for the warning. I will try to stay zen but awake!

I would pack the larger bottle in a ziploc bag in your luggage and take one of the smaller bottles with you on the plane. You know I can get the Purell (company store) so just let me know.

Hi Sue, just to say we're still not on the wine tasting list.....just checked on the first page.....:confused3
Are you trying to stop us drinking too much?? :lmao::rotfl2:

Nope - you are there... After Tru, before Walt & Di. Drink up!! :lmao:

UKAngel.jpg

has anybody ever traveled with a bottle (a big bottle) of hand sanitizer in their checked luggage?
I haven't, but it shouldn't be a problem in checked luggage. Just put it in a ziplock bag in case it leaks.

Woody

I plan to fall asleep to Disney tunes on my ipod, on the overnight (8 hrs) flight to Barcelona. We will be in Barcelona three days before the cruise, to give us time to sightsee and get over jet lag. I see naps at the hotel in our future.
For many, naps prolong jet lag, rather than reduce it.

Woody

Naps do tend to prolong the jet lag. Getting outside into the daylight and walking helps. and if you can don't nap or sleep until bedtime (or as near as you can get).

This works well unless you are traveling with very young children who will ALWAYS choose one hour after you have finally gotten to sleep to wake up want to play for the next four hours. :eek:

Oh and we've carried hand sanitiser in our checked luggage before and the ziplock bag trick seems to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter