**September 2019**

Hi, my DD23 and myself, DM50+ will be at POP from Sept 3- Sept 13. Hoping that perhaps skyliner will be open but not holding breath. Anyone know when F&W dates and concert performers will be announced? Any chance of Illuminations will still be showing (says end of summer). We are working on finalizing our ADRs. Think we decided against Deluxe and are staying with Reg Dining plan( upgraded from QS)-

3 adults
Art of Animation
Sept. 15-22
:welcome:

Added a day to our trip, flight times were better. So we will be arriving 9/27. This was only supposed to be a 3 day trip... it seems to have extended itself. I sure hope this is the right time for me to see Illuminations for the last time. I hate that Disney wait till the last minute to announce stuff.
Updated.

Hi, my DD23 and myself, DM50+ will be at POP from Sept 3- Sept 13. Hoping that perhaps skyliner will be open but not holding breath. Anyone know when F&W dates and concert performers will be announced? Any chance of Illuminations will still be showing (says end of summer). We are working on finalizing our ADRs. Think we decided against Deluxe and are staying with Reg Dining plan( upgraded from QS)-
I have read that Illuminations will end right before labor day or end of September, so no solid info yet.
I have my fingers crossed for Skyliner too, we are at CBR and would LOVE to ride the gondola to DHS and EPCOT. Ok 4 of us would love it, one of the kids might have to be bribed :\

It might have been Knoxville. We did go through Kentucky also. My husband drives so I am usually trying to keep our 3 kiddos from annoying each other and am not paying too much attention to where we are, LOL.:teeth:

I SO feel you on that one! Ha! When we drive it's about a 12-13 hour drive for us. But we've road tripped so much, my kids are pros. We've pretty much always lived away from family, so going home for holidays means a 10 hour drive each way right now. I've made the trip with the kids alone during the summer a few times. I can't decide which I like better... having someone else to drive and letting me deal with the kids, or just letting them kill brain cells with electronics and throwing snacks at them while I drive. :smooth:

Just booked a mother daughter trip for my 10 year old and I for September 24 through September 28. Staying at Pop Century because I needed to go value since it is just the two of us and I needed to do this trip on a budget; Fortunately, we go free dining which I upgraded to the mid level plan since we do enjoy nice meals. I bought MNSSHP tickets for our first night (we have never been!) and plan on using park hoppers and enjoying at least one morning at a water park.

Another September family, here!! We’ve never done free dining because it’s always offered during the school year and I’ve been a teacher for 16 years. However, I’m staying home with our son now, so yay for getting to try it!!

We wanted to stay at Pop but free dining was totally sold out, then all of a sudden 3 days before the booking deadline, a TON of availability opened up! I’m naively hoping that means they weren’t selling rooms and added more FD to try to get people to book! We’ve never been able to go when it wasn’t crazy busy, and went this past Jan and it was a little better, but still pretty crowded. I’m hoping that the crowds will be even lower than a normal Sept this year due to everyone waiting for Galaxys Edge, but maybe not?

We are at 200 days exactly!!! 20 days until ADRs and I have a list of what we WANT to do, I'm having more trouble than usual piecing it all together :sad2:
It's a shorter trip and I want to maximize the mornings/evenings, and the boyfriends only request is pool time in the afternoons...
Keep telling myself that i've booked trips MUCH shorter in advance and have had to scrape things together, so if plans HAVE to change I'll figure it out!

Started working on the "unofficially official" daily itinerary, 16 days until ADRs!!! My spreadsheet-loving heart is giddy and working on that during lunch instead of actually taking a lunch break LOL.

Started working on the "unofficially official" daily itinerary, 16 days until ADRs!!! My spreadsheet-loving heart is giddy and working on that during lunch instead of actually taking a lunch break LOL.
I started mine last night! We're at 202 days, so a little behind you. I am going to have a hard time convincing DH that we don't need to do MK on our first park day (Monday), since it's likely to be slammed due to MNSSHP the night before.

Another September family, here!! We’ve never done free dining because it’s always offered during the school year and I’ve been a teacher for 16 years. However, I’m staying home with our son now, so yay for getting to try it!!

We wanted to stay at Pop but free dining was totally sold out, then all of a sudden 3 days before the booking deadline, a TON of availability opened up! I’m naively hoping that means they weren’t selling rooms and added more FD to try to get people to book! We’ve never been able to go when it wasn’t crazy busy, and went this past Jan and it was a little better, but still pretty crowded. I’m hoping that the crowds will be even lower than a normal Sept this year due to everyone waiting for Galaxys Edge, but maybe not?
Same thing with us! We were booked at POP with the Sun & Fun Discount but I checked and the day before the discount ended, I got Free Dining. it pays to check back!

I'm going to join the party :)

We are going 8/31-9/8, 1st stay at the Yachtclub and I'm sooooo excited about that! There will be 4 of us-me, DH, DS24 and his GF23. We upgraded our free dining to deluxe, we really enjoy the table service meals.

15 days until ADRs :)

I SO feel you on that one! Ha! When we drive it's about a 12-13 hour drive for us. But we've road tripped so much, my kids are pros. We've pretty much always lived away from family, so going home for holidays means a 10 hour drive each way right now. I've made the trip with the kids alone during the summer a few times. I can't decide which I like better... having someone else to drive and letting me deal with the kids, or just letting them kill brain cells with electronics and throwing snacks at them while I drive. :smooth:
I bet you have a pretty good aim by now, LOL.:laughing: We usually drive every year and I am finding it easier to amuse them as they have gotten older. (DS12, DD9 and DS6). I used to make up bags of activities and give them something to do every hour or so. They would be bored after about 15 minutes.:rolleyes: Last year I gave up with that idea (except DD she loves crafts) gave them all a DS and it was pretty quiet.:woohoo:Now if I could just get the boys to not make so much of a mess when they eat.:rolleyes:

I haven't even thought about ADR's or our itinerary yet! We usually go in November so I keep forgetting how close it is getting! I have been checking crowd calendars and I am excited to see crowd levels of 1 and 2! We are usually there when they are 5-7. What crowd calendars does everyone here use to plan with? Right now our weather station is predicting a cooler than normal summer. I am hoping this translates to a cooler September at WDW!

When I first booked from AKL on our January trip, they said they didn't have any availability during the free dining period at Pop and I was going to go the first weekend in October. A week later, I called back and free dining was available for the last week in September and I was able to book at Pop and add an extra day (and extra day of park tickets). With the free dining it was an additional $70 over my original booking! ☺️

I bet you have a pretty good aim by now, LOL.:laughing: We usually drive every year and I am finding it easier to amuse them as they have gotten older. (DS12, DD9 and DS6). I used to make up bags of activities and give them something to do every hour or so. They would be bored after about 15 minutes.:rolleyes: Last year I gave up with that idea (except DD she loves crafts) gave them all a DS and it was pretty quiet.:woohoo:Now if I could just get the boys to not make so much of a mess when they eat.:rolleyes:

My kids are now EXPERTS at eating in the car. Ha! I bought some cheap cookie sheets at Walmart (for like $1 each) and we keep those in the car. They serve so many purposes. They use them as a lunch tray when we eat, though. DS11 will put a napkin down before he sets out his food, DD8 just dumps her food on the tray. I leave a bag back there for them to put their trash in, then gather it all up after they're done. Then, I have them take a baby wipe to the tray (I'll never be without those in the car!), and it's clean enough for the next use. They use them to contain things with small pieces when they want to do an activity, too. Best $2 I ever spent for the car.

Same thing with us! We were booked at POP with the Sun & Fun Discount but I checked and the day before the discount ended, I got Free Dining. it pays to check back!

Definitely!! I was stalking the site and searching like the entire month of September for like 2 weeks and then all of a sudden everything was coming up available and I was like what is going on!?!? I texted my husband and I was like we gotta book now! I’m scared this is a glitch or something! Haha!

When I first booked from AKL on our January trip, they said they didn't have any availability during the free dining period at Pop and I was going to go the first weekend in October. A week later, I called back and free dining was available for the last week in September and I was able to book at Pop and add an extra day (and extra day of park tickets). With the free dining it was an additional $70 over my original booking! ☺️

Yay!! We’re going to be there at the same time!

Definitely!! I was stalking the site and searching like the entire month of September for like 2 weeks and then all of a sudden everything was coming up available and I was like what is going on!?!? I texted my husband and I was like we gotta book now! I’m scared this is a glitch or something! Haha!

Yay!! We’re going to be there at the same time!

So excited. Just my daughter (10) and I so we have four nights only but out first night I got MNSSHP tickets. We've never been! Squeee!

KTP released his September crowd calendar today, if anyone uses his stuff.

Does anyone have a TP subscription and care to give me crowd calendar predictions for Sept 8-14?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter