**September 2019**

Yes, MK is red just because it’s busy and AK because of EMH. Epcot is usually yellow but I’m sure it’ll be red during all of Food & Wine. Saturday the 28th is my daughter’s birthday and we arrive early, around 9:30am. We’re doing Disney Springs then heading to HS in the evening. We didn’t get to see Fantasmic when we were at Disney in December so we’re looking forward to that!

So funny, my son's birthday is the 29th! He's only turning 3 though so I don't think he'll really care what we do lol

We will be there the same dates! Looking at KTP for our arrival day (9/28) though and he has 3 out of 4 parks as red? I had planned on AK that day - I was avoiding MK bc it was a Saturday, avoiding EPCOT on a weekend bc of Food and Wine – I guess bc AK has EMH hours that day so it’s red too?

Would you be comfortable sharing the green parks daily for Sept 24-30? I belong to Touring Plans but not that, so let me know if you’d like TP info for your dates in return! Thanks!!

Would you be comfortable sharing the green parks daily for Sept 24-30? I belong to Touring Plans but not that, so let me know if you’d like TP info for your dates in return! Thanks!!

Sure, I didn't realize KTP wasn't free. I know I paid for TP but I don't remember paying for KTP, although at this point I've looked at so many different sites it's entirely possible lol

Green parks - 9/24: MK and HS; 9/25: Epcot and AK; 9/26: HS; 9/27: MK and AK; 9/28: HS; 9/29: MK and Epcot and 9/30: Epcot and HS

Here are the links if you want to try:
http://www.characterlocator.com/?p=cal_index&tdate=09/22/2019
http://www.characterlocator.com/?p=cal_index&tdate=09/29/2019

Sure, I didn't realize KTP wasn't free. I know I paid for TP but I don't remember paying for KTP, although at this point I've looked at so many different sites it's entirely possible lol

Green parks - 9/24: MK and HS; 9/25: Epcot and AK; 9/26: HS; 9/27: MK and AK; 9/28: HS; 9/29: MK and Epcot and 9/30: Epcot and HS

Here are the links if you want to try:
http://www.characterlocator.com/?p=cal_index&tdate=09/22/2019
http://www.characterlocator.com/?p=cal_index&tdate=09/29/2019

Thank you! I don’t think I realized it was free! Well I feel silly now, haha! Thank you for being so sweet about it :)

We are going September 26-30, fast birthday trip. We are not going to MNSSHP but will be at MK that day and are desperately hoping to eat at BOG (never been). I want to eat dinner at the last possible time, since the park closes to us at 6. I looked today for reservations for August 20 (party day too) just to get an idea of the last time for BOG and by 7am CST, everything was booked....so still trying to figure that "last dinner" time ...I'll try again for August 23rd (next party date) Who knew eating was such hard work..lol

So funny, my son's birthday is the 29th! He's only turning 3 though so I don't think he'll really care what we do lol
Well she WANTED Rainforest Cafe but we're doing that the next day! :) My other daughter's birthday is the week before we arrive, so we're celebrating that, too! She is choosing 'Ohana for her celebration. LOL they're only turning 6 and 8 and have only been to WDW once but have definite opinions after watching YouTube reviews!

In December we were at WDW over my husband's birthday...I told them our next trip better be over my birthday since they will all get to celebrate theirs! :cake:

Well she WANTED Rainforest Cafe but we're doing that the next day! :) My other daughter's birthday is the week before we arrive, so we're celebrating that, too! She is choosing 'Ohana for her celebration. LOL they're only turning 6 and 8 and have only been to WDW once but have definite opinions after watching YouTube reviews!

In December we were at WDW over my husband's birthday...I told them our next trip better be over my birthday since they will all get to celebrate theirs! :cake:

My plan is to do O'hana for my son's bday too! This will be my first trip back in about 15 years so I'm just going with all of my old favorites lol. My other son's birthday is actually the day after we come home so I guess I'll have to pick an early bday dinner for him too!

We are going September 26-30, fast birthday trip. We are not going to MNSSHP but will be at MK that day and are desperately hoping to eat at BOG (never been). I want to eat dinner at the last possible time, since the park closes to us at 6. I looked today for reservations for August 20 (party day too) just to get an idea of the last time for BOG and by 7am CST, everything was booked....so still trying to figure that "last dinner" time ...I'll try again for August 23rd (next party date) Who knew eating was such hard work..lol
Where are you staying?

Is your MK party day later in the trip? That might help with booking an ADR at least.

@sommergirl25 Added to roll call.

So we've pretty much mapped out all our plans based on dining selections (always subject to change based on FP availability, park hours etc)

As far as extras we're doing MNSSHP and if I can swing it I am surprising dh with the HS star wars tour - he turns 40 on 9/26 so I thought it might be fun?

no costumes for MNSSHP - probably just matching shirts. .. I'm worried it will be too hot for the kids in costume.

So we've pretty much mapped out all our plans based on dining selections (always subject to change based on FP availability, park hours etc)

As far as extras we're doing MNSSHP and if I can swing it I am surprising dh with the HS star wars tour - he turns 40 on 9/26 so I thought it might be fun?

no costumes for MNSSHP - probably just matching shirts. .. I'm worried it will be too hot for the kids in costume.
The Star Wars Guided Tour is awesome! I wrote a review last month on another forum, it should be easy to find. We went for my husband’s birthday in December.

Okay we are changing our first 2 days of our trip from offsite to CBR before we check in at the POLY. We are hoping they might have the skyliner running by then.pixiedust: If not it's okay my DH loves CBR. It's the first resort we stayed at with the kids and holds a special place in our heart.

I really have to get working on our trip plans! I keep forgetting ADR date is getting closer.:scared: We are actually trying not to plan too many this time so it should be easier. We usually do lots of character dining for the kiddos but we all want more days this year we can just sort of wing it and eat when we feel like it. Last year we had dining planned for everyday but 1 day and we loved the freedom on that day. We decided we were hungry looked up availability and was surprised how much there was to choose from! Of course I probably just jinxed it and we won't be able to find anything.:laughing: If anyone has a TP subscription and can share how busy Sept. 14-22 is I would greatly appreciate it! If you can't share it no problem!

I really have to get working on our trip plans! I keep forgetting ADR date is getting closer.:scared: We are actually trying not to plan too many this time so it should be easier. We usually do lots of character dining for the kiddos but we all want more days this year we can just sort of wing it and eat when we feel like it. Last year we had dining planned for everyday but 1 day and we loved the freedom on that day. We decided we were hungry looked up availability and was surprised how much there was to choose from! Of course I probably just jinxed it and we won't be able to find anything.:laughing: If anyone has a TP subscription and can share how busy Sept. 14-22 is I would greatly appreciate it! If you can't share it no problem!

As of today (2/23/19)

Sept 14
MK 5
Epcot 4
DHS 3
AK 3

Sept 15
MK 1
Epcot 3
DHS 3
AK 3

Sept 16
MK 3
Epcot 3
DHS 2
AK 2

Sept 17
MK 1
Epcot 3
DHS 2
AK 3

Sept 18
MK 3
Epcot 3
DHS 1
AK 2

Sept 19
MK 2
Epcot 2
DHS 2
AK 3

Sept 20
MK 1
Epcot 3
DHS 3
AK 4

Sept 21
MK 4
Epcot 3
DHS 2
AK 3

Sept 22
MK 1
Epcot 2
DHS 3
AK 4

We've done the same with ADRs. When we have had one every day, I feel like I have to plan my entire day around that meal. This time, we only plan to do 1 TS meal for sure, and hopefully a BOG lunch. If we decide to pick up another TS meal, it will be based on desire & availability.

Okay we are changing our first 2 days of our trip from offsite to CBR before we check in at the POLY. We are hoping they might have the skyliner running by then.pixiedust: If not it's okay my DH loves CBR. It's the first resort we stayed at with the kids and holds a special place in our heart.
Updated. I am SO EXCITED at the possibility of the Skyliner being open.

I have been starting my list for items to buy before the big car trip. The only issue we ever have is sleeping in the car, sometimes the kids have a really hard time settling down. This trip we are only taking the younger three so there will be more room to stretch their legs and get comfortable so that is a plus. I have been trying to think of little sleepy time surprises to help them sleep. I was thinking some lavender pillow spray (never used it but I always see it recommended as a sleep aid) Maybe some sleep masks. Anything else the experienced road trippers use to help the kids sleep in the car? Anyone ever use kid melatonin?

I have been starting my list for items to buy before the big car trip. The only issue we ever have is sleeping in the car, sometimes the kids have a really hard time settling down. This trip we are only taking the younger three so there will be more room to stretch their legs and get comfortable so that is a plus. I have been trying to think of little sleepy time surprises to help them sleep. I was thinking some lavender pillow spray (never used it but I always see it recommended as a sleep aid) Maybe some sleep masks. Anything else the experienced road trippers use to help the kids sleep in the car? Anyone ever use kid melatonin?

How old are your kids? I have used the same Disney lullaby playlist as my baby is falling asleep since he was born (and even in utero :) ) He’s now 18 months old. Any time we take a car trip and it’s nap time it’s very difficult because it’s so light and there is a lot to watch out the windows. I found that playing that playlist calms him immediately and cues his brain that it’s time to sleep!

I agree with @SRUAlmn regarding keeping the sounds the same if you can. When my kids were little, we used a noise machine at home. When we'd travel, I'd turn on a phone app or put batteries in it. Mine rarely sleep in the car, but those "bedtime signals" helped them at least calm down and rest. Now that they're older, we also turn off all movies, screens, and anything on the radio they might be interested in. Making things as boring as possible seems to help them rest as well. That might be difficult for whoever is driving, but we've resorted to using ear buds split between us to listen to an audiobook, podcasts, etc. I would be leery of using a product in the car that I haven't at least tried out at home. So maybe try out the lavender pillow spray or other products you're considering using at home before you hit the road. It would be awful to find out someone in the family is allergic to a new product during your drive!

I agree with @SRUAlmn regarding keeping the sounds the same if you can. When my kids were little, we used a noise machine at home. When we'd travel, I'd turn on a phone app or put batteries in it. Mine rarely sleep in the car, but those "bedtime signals" helped them at least calm down and rest. Now that they're older, we also turn off all movies, screens, and anything on the radio they might be interested in. Making things as boring as possible seems to help them rest as well. That might be difficult for whoever is driving, but we've resorted to using ear buds split between us to listen to an audiobook, podcasts, etc. I would be leery of using a product in the car that I haven't at least tried out at home. So maybe try out the lavender pillow spray or other products you're considering using at home before you hit the road. It would be awful to find out someone in the family is allergic to a new product during your drive!

Oh man I did not think of that and that is exactly the kind of thing that would happen to us! I will DEFINITELY trial the spray at home first.

Good point about the earbuds. I have planned on taking electronics, but wasn't sure if the sleepy music would be challenging for whomever is driving. Keeping one ear bud in with an audiobook though would definitely help with that issue. We have one hooked on white noise and two that listen to music. I was looking at this little portable night light with white noise - might pick that up for the 3yo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter