**September 2019**

How old are your kids? I have used the same Disney lullaby playlist as my baby is falling asleep since he was born (and even in utero :) ) He’s now 18 months old. Any time we take a car trip and it’s nap time it’s very difficult because it’s so light and there is a lot to watch out the windows. I found that playing that playlist calms him immediately and cues his brain that it’s time to sleep!
The 3 going will be 12,10, and 3. It is really only the three year old that I think will have a hard time on this trip. The older two should be ok as long as they hand in their electronics for the night and don't have sugary snacks.

We've done the same with ADRs. When we have had one every day, I feel like I have to plan my entire day around that meal. This time, we only plan to do 1 TS meal for sure, and hopefully a BOG lunch. If we decide to pick up another TS meal, it will be based on desire & availability.
We usually do at least 1 TS meal a day because the kids love all the character dining. We do always seem like we are racing to get to an ADR so we wanted to try to do only a couple this time and relax more. We also find we are too full to try all the snacks we want to try so maybe this year we can try some.popcorn::

Updated. I am SO EXCITED at the possibility of the Skyliner being open.

I have been starting my list for items to buy before the big car trip. The only issue we ever have is sleeping in the car, sometimes the kids have a really hard time settling down. This trip we are only taking the younger three so there will be more room to stretch their legs and get comfortable so that is a plus. I have been trying to think of little sleepy time surprises to help them sleep. I was thinking some lavender pillow spray (never used it but I always see it recommended as a sleep aid) Maybe some sleep masks. Anything else the experienced road trippers use to help the kids sleep in the car? Anyone ever use kid melatonin?
I noticed today on the WDW site they list skyliner as a transportation option for CBR.:cool1: Might not be done by the time we go but I got more hopeful seeing it listed as an option! My older kids don't sleep very well in the car anymore but my youngest falls asleep if its quieter and dark out. We found sleeping masks help a lot because they block out all the oncoming car headlights and street lights. My youngest also likes to bring one of his blankets from home to cuddle with. I haven't tried white noise in the car but I always bring a white noise machine to WDW to use in our hotel room. It seems to help drown out any noise our neighbours make.:teeth:

We are booked at All Star Sports for September 1-7! We got free dining and upgraded to the regular DDP. This is our 1st time staying on property! As well as our first time going in September (we always go in June). It will be me, my boyfriend, DS11, DD18 and DD's boyfriend. It will be both bfs first time to Disney.

We are booked at All Star Sports for September 1-7! We got free dining and upgraded to the regular DDP. This is our 1st time staying on property! As well as our first time going in September (we always go in June). It will be me, my boyfriend, DS11, DD18 and DD's boyfriend. It will be both bfs first time to Disney.
Awesome!! We will be at All Star Music until Sept 3rd, our first time staying at the All Stars. Have a great trip!

Added to roll call!

One week from today I can start making ADRs. Last night I may have decided to switch a few things around. My husband is pretty sure I lost my mind :rotfl:

Decided to switch out CM for H&V Fantasmic. Ok like 90% sure. We are the rarities that actually like the food at CM. We tried H&V once almost 10 years ago and did not care for it. That being said the character interaction reviews look good and the F! pass is a bonus. Kids are just as happy at either I am sure.

And then I switched TRex to Boatwright. I know I have 6 months to go but currently the 3yo is not enjoying the dark combined with loud noises, and I am thinking maybe TRex will just be a bit much, and eating with a squirming 3 yo clutching me is less than appealing. Also, I really like the food at Boatwright!

Last edited:
Added to roll call!

One week from today I can start making ADRs. Last night I may have decided to switch a few things around. My husband is pretty sure I lost my mind :rotfl:

Decided to switch out CM for H&V Fantasmic. Ok like 90% sure. We are the rarities that actually like the food at CM. We tried H&V once almost 10 years ago and did not care for it. That being said the character interaction reviews look good and the F! pass is a bonus. Kids are just as happy at either I am sure.

And then I switched TRex to Boatwright. I know I have 6 months to go but currently the 3yo is not enjoying the dark combined with loud noises, and I am thinking maybe TRex will just be a bit much, and eating with a squirming 3 yo clutching me is less than appealing. Also, I really like the food at Boatwright!

We absolutely LOVE H&V! We’ve been the past couple years for the Halloween Dine and we’ve enjoyed the food but the character interaction is AMAZING! The characters come by multiple times and are so engaging with the kids. It’s awesome! We’re doing the dinner with fantasmic package! It will be our first time seeing Fantasmic and we are so excited!

I will vouch for CM’s except for the dinner. We had dinner there a few years ago and hated it. We did brunch a couple years ago on our MNSSHP day before we head to MK and it was fantastic so we’ve made it a tradition!

So, I’m having trouble deciding between two days. We are staying at the Contemporary and will be arriving around 5am on the 1st and we’ll be heading out on the 8th, leaving around 8pm-ish.

9/1- Since this is our arrival day, should we go to MK? It’s between MK and Epcot.
9/2-MNSSHP
9/3- HS
9/4-EP
9/5-AK
9/6-MK
9/7-HS
9/8-our last day, between MK and EP. Which would y’all choose for arrival and departure? I would like to do EMM either on arrival day or since my husband drives home and wants to sleep in, I could take the kids to EMM on 9/8. Since we’re at the CR, we could always do evening MK on arrival and EP in the morning. I NEED HELP! I’m trying to finalize my ADR plans and these 2 days are throwing me for a loop. Any advice/suggestions?

ETA: My kids will be 8, 5 and 3.

So, I’m having trouble deciding between two days. We are staying at the Contemporary and will be arriving around 5am on the 1st and we’ll be heading out on the 8th, leaving around 8pm-ish.

9/1- Since this is our arrival day, should we go to MK? It’s between MK and Epcot.
9/2-MNSSHP
9/3- HS
9/4-EP
9/5-AK
9/6-MK
9/7-HS
9/8-our last day, between MK and EP. Which would y’all choose for arrival and departure? I would like to do EMM either on arrival day or since my husband drives home and wants to sleep in, I could take the kids to EMM on 9/8. Since we’re at the CR, we could always do evening MK on arrival and EP in the morning. I NEED HELP! I’m trying to finalize my ADR plans and these 2 days are throwing me for a loop. Any advice/suggestions?

ETA: My kids will be 8, 5 and 3.

I would absolutely do MK on arrival day, especially with young kids like you have. I would also like to do MK on the last day. That's just me, though! MK is my favorite and there's so much to do for littles. As for EMM, are you talking the MK one? For some reason it wasn't offered on the first Sunday of the month last year, so who knows if it will be this year. If it WAS offered on 9/1, I'd do it that day while the excitement is high, and exhaustion hasn't set in yet. LOL.

We absolutely LOVE H&V! We’ve been the past couple years for the Halloween Dine and we’ve enjoyed the food but the character interaction is AMAZING! The characters come by multiple times and are so engaging with the kids. It’s awesome! We’re doing the dinner with fantasmic package! It will be our first time seeing Fantasmic and we are so excited!

I will vouch for CM’s except for the dinner. We had dinner there a few years ago and hated it. We did brunch a couple years ago on our MNSSHP day before we head to MK and it was fantastic so we’ve made it a tradition!
Glad to hear some H&V love. I don't know exactly when they switch from summer to Halloween but we will enjoy it either way.

Personally I would do MK on arrival day, especially since you can walk right over. Is 9/8 EMM at MK?

I'm exactly 200 days out today and I can't wait! I'm already looking at what ADRs to plan now that I realize i'm under three weeks away from booking. In all of my tons of trips, September is the only month I've never been, so I'm even more excited! Just wanted to express my excitement haha!

I would absolutely do MK on arrival day, especially with young kids like you have. I would also like to do MK on the last day. That's just me, though! MK is my favorite and there's so much to do for littles. As for EMM, are you talking the MK one? For some reason it wasn't offered on the first Sunday of the month last year, so who knows if it will be this year. If it WAS offered on 9/1, I'd do it that day while the excitement is high, and exhaustion hasn't set in yet. LOL.

MK is my favorite, too and the kids absolutely love it! Ahh, I didn’t realize it they didn’t offer it on the first Sunday. We could always do the EMM at MK on 9/8 and stay for a few hours and then head to epcot. So, we get the best of both! Thank you!

Glad to hear some H&V love. I don't know exactly when they switch from summer to Halloween but we will enjoy it either way.

Personally I would do MK on arrival day, especially since you can walk right over. Is 9/8 EMM at MK?

Halloween Dine starts August 26!!! I love them in their Halloween costumes!

Thank you! We’ll probably do that since you can’t beat the walk! Yes! If they offer EMM at MK on 9/8 (our last day), I may can take the kids and do it while my husband sleeps in some. He will be driving home so he wants to sleep in a bit on our last day. I figure if I take the kids and do that, we can stay till around 11 and then head to Epcot.

I will probably try for a BOG breakfast on 9/1 if they don’t offer the EMM that day.

I'm exactly 200 days out today and I can't wait! I'm already looking at what ADRs to plan now that I realize i'm under three weeks away from booking. In all of my tons of trips, September is the only month I've never been, so I'm even more excited! Just wanted to express my excitement haha!
That's awesome - September is a great time to go! What is your favorite time so far?

My daughter and I are staying on property for the first timeShe will be starting college a week after we return home which I'm trying not to think about for now We'll be in Pop Century from Aug 28 to Sept 11!!

Nice! We'll be at POP Aug 29-Sept 7. Our 2nd time at POP. We really enjoyed it the first time we stayed there (November 2017). Looking forward to using the pool. It was too cool in the evenings for us. We barely even looked at the pool! LOL. Sure would be awesome of the Skyliner was running!

Nice! We'll be at POP Aug 29-Sept 7. Our 2nd time at POP. We really enjoyed it the first time we stayed there (November 2017). Looking forward to using the pool. It was too cool in the evenings for us. We barely even looked at the pool! LOL. Sure would be awesome of the Skyliner was running!
We're looking forward to some pool time too! Yess the skyliner being open would be the cherry on top! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter