September 4th (2004) Disney Magic Cruise List

I think considering all, everyone here handled it nicely. I mean all you can do is try and deal with it and it seems everyone here did that and is doing what they can now to make it better.

Letters are good. They should hear what it was like for their customers so that they can try and not make the same mistakes again.

I trusted that I'd get my onboard creidt and feel a bit foolish that I only checked on the entire account once. But it is so disruptive to a vacation to keep checking those things. And, I am writing DCL to tell them that. I think its only fair they know how people feel about those things that are under their control.

It's hard to deal with when you expect Disney to make the right decision and do the best they can to achieve customer satisfaction. It seems that everything was handled so messy. It's very sad when we have such high hopes and expectations from a company that has always given us such wonderfully memorable vacations over and over...only to be treated in some ways carelessly and poorly.

For a company that always gives 110%, it's disheartening when you only receive 50-75% of their capabilities. If they couldn't do it right, they should have taken the loss and not done it at all. What is worse, a small financial loss that they can make up eventually elsewhere or bad press and dissatisfied once-loyal DCL customers?

I don't know ... I have a funny mind. I like to know why things happen the way they do. Like not getting the re-booking onboard credit while on the cruise, but when calling reservations after the cruise they say its there. Not so much that it happened that makes me think, but how it could happen - from an operational systems perspective.

Not complaining, just inquisitive. lol ... I don't even see how it could happen by accident without someone intentionally ignoring the item thinking it is a double posting or something.

I'm sure they will address any issues anyone has. Quite sure.

I don't know, but I find myself looking at other cruise lines for some reason now. lol .. But, really do not see why.

Next cruise I won't plan so much. Yeah, I think that's what caused all this trouble. We've never really planned anything for our previous cruises and they went very well. lol

I'd like doing the 4/30 cruise, but the fares are pretty steep on that one right now. Think its all the people getting in before the West Coast cruises or what? :)

I have started my letter to DCL, but I am still finding the whole experience to still be way too emotionally and physically draining. My frame of mind is good, and I have certainly accepted what happened and am not livid. However, to lose our fifth anniversary trip (and the only real trip DW and I have really taken alone since our honeymoon) is really disappointing and disheartening. Don't get me wrong, I haven't lost perspective and I do realize how lucky we really are in the entire scheme of things. DW and I both don't think we really got a vacation out of the whole thing, even though we used up our time from work, spent a large sum of money, and were away from home for a period of time. I think I came back far more drained than when I left home, and I know DW did, too. I don't know if we would have even enjoyed the cruise given all we went through to get there and knowing we would have had to deal with the Ft. Lauderdale change, too. Sorry to ramble, but my feelings are so up and down (though we have no regrets about bagging the cruise when we did--it was the right decision).

Originally posted by Doctor P
I have started my letter to DCL, but I am still finding the whole experience to still be way too emotionally and physically draining. My frame of mind is good, and I have certainly accepted what happened and am not livid. However, to lose our fifth anniversary trip (and the only real trip DW and I have really taken alone since our honeymoon) is really disappointing and disheartening. Don't get me wrong, I haven't lost perspective and I do realize how lucky we really are in the entire scheme of things. DW and I both don't think we really got a vacation out of the whole thing, even though we used up our time from work, spent a large sum of money, and were away from home for a period of time. I think I came back far more drained than when I left home, and I know DW did, too. I don't know if we would have even enjoyed the cruise given all we went through to get there and knowing we would have had to deal with the Ft. Lauderdale change, too. Sorry to ramble, but my feelings are so up and down (though we have no regrets about bagging the cruise when we did--it was the right decision).
I know how you feel and feel much the same way in so many respects.

found out today from our friends that cancelled the cruise, that they got the offer of 25% discount on rebook, did any others get this as well? they had already booked a christmas cruise on rccl, when they got the news.:(

does anyone know whenor how we will gettour 50% refund.I fear they will forget. what about our voucher. by the time we can use it, the only room available will be huricane s eason next year

We still have not received our full refund. We were told in 20 to 45 days. It appears they don't get in a hurry when refunding money.

i checked with dvc and points have been put back, but we haven't got the voucher in order to rebook.

Finally finished writing my letter to DCL today. Got to proofread it one more time and make sure I get the right address on it (I have an email at my office with the precise address). My concise and to the point letter ended up being five full pages--and it is actually very much to the point. Hope I get more satisfaction than that which came from writing the letter itself!

Originally posted by Doctor P
Finally finished writing my letter to DCL today. Got to proofread it one more time and make sure I get the right address on it (I have an email at my office with the precise address). My concise and to the point letter ended up being five full pages--and it is actually very much to the point. Hope I get more satisfaction than that which came from writing the letter itself!
I hope so too...sounds like you put a lot of heart and soul into it.

We rescheduled. I just received a call from Expedia saying that Disney is offering 25% off to those that didn't go. Has anyone else received this? Also, I'm trying to decide which is the better deal, use it for our rescheduled cruise next month, or use it in the future.
This is to be our first DC and I know that you get incentives to book on ship. I'm just wondering if I should save it and use it next month. I heard through these boards that you can transfer the booking to another TA and since Expedia is cheaper...can I use the 25% through Expedia.
I'M CONFUSED!
Cindy

Cinjewel -

Are you sure that DCL is offering a 25% disc. to those, like me, who couldn't make the 9/4 cruise?

I sent an email to DCL communications asking them if they'd consider this but haven't received a reply.

Should I call DCL?

Millie

Yes. I'm positive. Because our cruise is in 2+ weeks, I have to decide by Friday. If I choose to use the 25% on another cruise, they send out a letter with a voucher.
Feel free to call and confirm, but I got this info from Expedia and I've talked to them twice.
Cindy

Originally posted by Cinjewel
Yes. I'm positive. Because our cruise is in 2+ weeks, I have to decide by Friday. If I choose to use the 25% on another cruise, they send out a letter with a voucher.
Feel free to call and confirm, but I got this info from Expedia and I've talked to them twice.
Cindy

Cindy - Did they say if there was a deadline on when this cruise must be taken in order to receive the 25% off? Is this only for those who ended up going on the cruise or is it available to those who cancelled?

Any info you have would be fantastic. THANKS!

Originally posted by Cinjewel
For those who cancelled. You must book by Oct. 1, 2005.
Hmmmm...interesting. I wonder when we'll get the call. Thanks Cindy!!!
:sunny:

I wish I knew this was going to happen!!! Grrrr....we took a trip to Disney instead of going on the cruise. If I had known they'd let us rebook at 25% off we would have held off. My husband is in school and we can't take him out for another week's vacation. This is so frustrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter