September 4th (2004) Disney Magic Cruise List

that's a good stance, paul, i hope that we get something in the mail, having cruised on dvc points, not sure how this is all going to work. we did get the 50% points back last week, though so they look to be on top of it, so far.

Yes, they do seem to be on top of it. I can only hope to think that they will keep their word. I have faith.

We just got back from the 9/18 sailing. I got a stateroom message from Donna telling us about the 25 percent discount. She said we could apply it to the one we were currently on or apply it to a future cruise by Oct next year. Needless to say, we applied it to the one we just got off of. WHOO HOO!! That was unexpected but a good move on Disney's part.

howdy tg,

where in texas?

did they give you a discount on your cruise before the 25%? the deal offered for the 7 day cruisers was 50% off current cruise and 25% off rebook. we'd gladly take another 25% of our points back.

There wasn't a discount per se on our the cruise we just finished (9/18 rebooked from the 9/4) although we did get to go without a price differential. The family that ended up sitting at our table was also supposed to be on the 9/4 cruise and rebooked for 9/18 without a price differential.

The 9/18 ran into problems as you may have heard so the end result was 25% off of the 9/18 cruise will be applied retroactively due to the 9/4 mess. 50% off of a future cruise due to the 9/18 mess. We made out well! but who knew??

Two things we have decided. We will
1. Never book in hurricane season. Although we financiallly ended up well it is not worth it.
2. Do a 4 day next time.

Due to the 50% off though, our next cruise WILL definitely be Disney though. Otherwise, we likely would have gone with another line.

well i got a quote from DU and an explanation of how the voucher works, the current rate for the cruise is for four of us is $4094.60.
the 25% applies only to the base rate which is $3340.00 before tax. so the discounted rate comes to $3259.60 after the voucher is applied. the way it works is you make the reservation for the full rate, pay your deposit, then send in the voucher, (make a copy for yourself), then they will take off the discount. seems a little convoluted and hard on themselves, but that is the way it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter