Share Your Rewards Towards Disney: Week of 8/20/-8/26/17

Here's mine for the week:

Thursday
  • Did errands this morning and collected enough ShopKick kicks to put me over the finish line for 2 $10 Target GCs. Redeemed and got them immediately.

Can you tell me more about shopkicks? I wasn't familiar with it, but just checked out their website and it seems interesting. Would you recommend it? How long does it take to rack up enough points to cash out?

Can you tell me more about shopkicks? I wasn't familiar with it, but just checked out their website and it seems interesting. Would you recommend it? How long does it take to rack up enough points to cash out?
If you're out and about several days a week and can pop into stores for the walk-in kicks and scans, it can add up quickly. The kicks add up faster if you make purchases of select items at the participating stores or if you make a purchase using a linked credit card at participating stores. For instance, I bought $450 worth of D-GCs at Best Buy at the beginning of Shopkick's birthday bash last week. That was worth 4 kicks/$1 even though I paid predominantly with BB GCs. That was almost enough to order 2 $10 Target GCs but not quite enough, so when I was out today, I popped into Marshall's just for the kicks and then over to Target to do some scans and to purchase something I needed for the weekend.

Shopkick is not a rapid earner for me. It's steady and reliable, so I stick with it. Doing a few walk-ins and scans when I'm out doesn't take much time when I'm out already but I'm not inclined to make special trips to collect kicks every day.

Same as @Marionnette, Shopkick is reliable but not a fast earner. If you enjoy walking around stores and scanning bar codes (some people do it with kids/spouse as a challenge) your points will add up faster. Same if you have several walk-in kicks in a close area. I can drive through the parking lot of Best Buy and get walk-in kicks, but I have to actually go into TJMaxx or Walmart.
Also, you can pick up little extra kicks by going to the app and opening up "Discover". There might be short videos for kicks, or in certain product groupings, scroll down and you'll see "Tap for a Surprise"...those usually have 1 kick.

Same as @Marionnette, Shopkick is reliable but not a fast earner. If you enjoy walking around stores and scanning bar codes (some people do it with kids/spouse as a challenge) your points will add up faster. Same if you have several walk-in kicks in a close area. I can drive through the parking lot of Best Buy and get walk-in kicks, but I have to actually go into TJMaxx or Walmart.
Also, you can pick up little extra kicks by going to the app and opening up "Discover". There might be short videos for kicks, or in certain product groupings, scroll down and you'll see "Tap for a Surprise"...those usually have 1 kick.
You can also collect kicks for "visits" to some of the online stores (eBay, Groupon, etc.)

Thank you, Marionette, for creating this! I was going to participate last week, but was just swamped. I find this kind of fun personal tracking so beneficial and inspirational! :)

Sunday
  • Completed LF&E August survey through Opinion Insights for $2 via virtual Mastercard that I'll use to add funds to my Starbucks card for coffee at the parks.
  • Cashed in for a $5 Amazon gift card from Ipsos i-Say. Will use this with others to purchase either a Rainforest Cafe or Gordon Biersch gift card to use at Big River Grille.
  • Made my first daily goal on Swagbucks, earning the 8 SB bonus.
Monday
  • Cashed in for $25 PayPal at Swagbucks. I will use this to buy Disney Gift Cards online at the Disney Store through Swagbucks, earning 2% back.
  • Received $5 Amazon gift card from Receipt Hog. Adding it to the Amazon account to purchase either a Rainforest Cafe or Gordon Biersch gift card. (Amazon gift card total is now $10, will order when I have $25)
  • Cashed in 5000 points from MPlus for a $2 Amazon gift card.
  • Met second Swagbucks goal and earned 89 SB bonus.
Tuesday
  • Cashed out on Louder Rewards for a $25 Amazon gift card.
  • $25 deposited into PayPal from Swagbucks redemption.
  • Purchased a $100 Disney gift card at the Disney Store through Swagbucks earning 2% back using PayPal funds earned.
  • Earned $2.75 with Ibotta
  • Added .64 to the change jar.
  • Met second Swagbucks goal and earned 86 SB bonus.
Wednesday
  • Cashed out for $5 Amazon GC from Ipsos i-Say.
  • Cashed out for $25 PayPal at Swagbucks.
  • Earned .25 with Ibotta.
  • Met second Swagbucks goal and earned 81 SB bonus.
Thursday
  • Received $25 Amazon gift card from Louder Rewards. Used it to buy $25 Rainforest Cafe gift card. ($178 in Rainforest Cafe GCs total)
  • Received $70 from Dscout app for completed focus group.
  • Cashed out for $5 Amazon GC from Louder Rewards.
  • $25 deposited into PayPal from Swagbucks redemption.
  • Purchased a $100 Disney gift card at the Disney Store through Swagbucks earning 2% back using PayPal funds earned.
  • Cashed out for $1 Amazon GC from ReceiptPal.
  • Met first Swagbucks goal and earned 10 SB bonus.

So you earned over 80 Swagbucks bonuses three days in row? That means your goal was over 800 for each of those days?!

Do you earn all those SBs by yourself or do you have a lot of referrals that help to boost your totals?
It's all me and while I'm enjoying the wealth of points lately, this isn't a typical week at all. I do set a personal goal of trying to earn 500 SB a day, but even that's not a regular occurrence. I do very well will surveys. I'm a woman who has a management role in IT and works in higher education in Seattle. All those characteristics make my opinions pretty valuable. I also seem to be in the good graces of the NCraves Gods. They run pretty well for me and rarely disappear. I'm knocking on wood while I type this that I haven't jinxed myself! ;)
I'm also lucky that my job allows me to keep my NCraves running on my personal laptop and on the apps on my personal phone while I'm at work. I spend a lot of time at my desk or working in a lab and have my devices with me at all times.

Thanks for the shop kick tips. Downloaded it yesterday, and with a quick trip to Target I was doing anyway(conveniently located next to Best Buy and TJMaxx) and the online stores I'm almost at the first level of a gift card. I know it's only $2, but if I can pick up $2 a week with shopping I'm doing anyway, may as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter