Shelli and Tony~ Randy's Photos, MK Photos and AK Honeymoon shoot added

My DD (12) and my best friend are standing up with me at our wedding. My DD really wants the rose wand for her "bouquet" which I am okay with. I think they are kind of cute. My questions is, would it look stupid for a grown woman to carry one as well ? Would it look better that they "match", or do you think I should go with a bouquet for my friend ?

I don't think it would stupid. I mean your in Disney and wands go with the whole flow. I think I've actually seen it where everybody in the bridal party had wands before.

I too have 2 in my bridal party. My daughter (age 7) and my sister. My daughter is carrying a wand and my sister will have a smaller version of my bouquet. So either way...I think would be fine. It really just depends what you want :)

hmmm... what is your preference? maybe you could ask your friend what she feels more comfortable with.
If she doesn't mind then it would be a great idea for them to match!

But don't be afraid for them to have different arrangements - my younger sister will have a different arrangement then the other BM's in my wedding party and I think that is a wonderful way to let her know she has something special that is different and unique. :)

Well, I think I am going to stick with my original plan and have both girls carry the wands. I like the fact that it is unique... and it is a Disney wedding. Now my next obstacle is what color(s) to use in it. As I am having several different colors in my bouquet and they are wearing hunter green dresses...what do you guys think ? A single rose of one color (which one), or do a triple rose with three different colors ? Aaahhhh ! The guys just don't understand all the decisions we have to make. They just have to remember to shower, shave and show up ! :rotfl:

Well, I guess it depends on your preference...

For the flowers, you should pick colors that will stand out. Usually, peaches, pinks & lavenders look beatiful against green.

My BM's dresses are a lighter shade of green.
My florist is using the Indian Femma roses(which is a rose that has an antique yellow & pink color to it) & bright pink roses. She is also putting some green orchids in their bouquets to tie it all in.
Hope that helps!

What a GORGEOUS dress!! I love it! So fun reading all about your plans. I can't wait to see the pictures of you from the wedding. Congrats!

Your dress is amazing! I am practically drooling over it.

And I love your ring choice as well.

I asked this on another thread also - I am having three attendents (all adults - in our 40's). I would love to have the wand but my question is, how do you carry it? Does it get held like a bouquet - if so the wand portion would hand down in front of their dress - does it get help up in the air like a wand - I think that would make for some funny pictures. If anyone has a picture of someone holding it at the actual ceremony I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Linda

Thanks for all the kind words. Actually, the dress was nothing like what I thought I wanted, but my 12 yo daughter saw it at the bridal store and convinced me to try it on. She said "Mom, that dress is so slimming on you." What more did I need to hear ???:laughing: Anytime a pre-teen daughter says something that nice (and doesn't want anything in return) it's a must do ! I am going to have cap sleeves added though. I am not as fit and toned as I was the first time around (18 years ago !).

We have confirmed Randy for our photography. :woohoo: And Rev. Tim for our officiant. Now if I could just get the groom and bestman to get measured for their tuxes !

I am waiting to hear back from Rosie on a couple of floral questions and we need to finalize a couple music choices, and then we are all "planned " :scared1:
I can't believe it is all coming together and three months away ! I am so excited !

Thanks to everyone so far for the kind words, suggestions and all around help.

BTW...ForKeeps,I ordered my shoes yesterday. They should be here next week. Thanks :hug:

I asked this on another thread also - I am having three attendents (all adults - in our 40's). I would love to have the wand but my question is, how do you carry it? Does it get held like a bouquet - if so the wand portion would hand down in front of their dress - does it get help up in the air like a wand - I think that would make for some funny pictures. If anyone has a picture of someone holding it at the actual ceremony I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Linda

I was thinking of having them hold it like an arm bouquet, with the arm bent and the wand running down the forearm. Does that make sense ? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes it does - maybe I should made a sample one before ordering and see how it would look being held different ways.

Any other suggestions would also be appreciated - including any pictures.

Linda

I am doing the rose wands as well and I figured my girls would hold them the same as a bouquet. I pictured them holding it in front of them with two hands.

I am going to have cap sleeves added though. I am not as fit and toned as I was the first time around (18 years ago !).

Hi! Just an unsolicited suggestion... I have heard - and it has been my experience - that cap sleeves actually make one's arms look larger at the top, and that many women who think they need sleeves actually look better without them. I bet the dress looks great strapless (unless your 12-year-old told you otherwise, in which case, listen to her! ;) )

Alternatively, you could try a longer sleeve that hits more like regular T-shirt sleeves or goes to just above the elbow. Or how about a wrap like in the picture? OK...now I sound like a member of the Anti-Cap Sleeve Council or something... :lmao:

:rotfl2: Too funny...the anti-cap sleeve council ! I just want something to go from the chest up. Probably just me being weird. I am going to have the bridal shop owner come in the day I go in and get her opinion. I have known her for over 20 years, and she has been in this business for longer than that, so I think she will have some good advice.

I know I have looked into this a little in the past, but now that many other things are decided and done, I need to refocus on the ceremony music. Does anyone know if the YC Gazebo has any options for bringing your own music, like speakers, etc...?

I've been researching this, too, and so far it seems that your WC will offer you an expensive Disney sound system and an expensive Disney engineer to run it, or tell you to bring your own, find your own person to run it, and make sure it has batteries 'cuz there's no electrical outlet at the Gazebo. However, if your WC says anything different, let me know!
:thumbsup2

I got the "bring your own" suggestion from our wedding coordinator. In the end (and I posted the full story in the other thread), the gazebo *does* have an electrical outlet, but I guess they can't guarantee that there will be electricity running to it at any given point. O-kay.

This is the response I got from my WC:

"The Yacht Club Wedding Gazebo does not have a sound system. If you prefer to listen to the words of a song, you will need to bring a CD player. There is an electric outlet near Gazebo, but it does not always work. Therefore, you would definitely need a battery powered player.

The wedding ceremony experience at this location was designed with live music in mind, so I will recommend the live musicians, but it is your choice."

So, in light of that and purplegirl247's problems, it looks like we will just be going with the violinist. For those of you that have used the violinist, were there any particular songs that they played that sounded better than others? We are thinking about the following, so let me know what you think. Yes, we are going with more traditional Disney tunes rather than formal wedding ones.

Groom's entrance: Some Day My Prince Will Come
Bridal Party: A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
Bride's entrance: When You Wish Upon a Star
Sand Ceremony : undecided...suggestions welcomed and encouraged
Recessional: Disney's Electrical Light Parade
First Dance: At Last (If they can do this one)

Thanks in advance for your input and suggestions !:hyper2:

Recessional: Disney's Electrical Light Parade

:lmao: I totally wanted to do that, but DH vetoed that right off the bat. LOL

So, I had the pianist play it while the guests were leaving. Maybe I'll be able to hear it in the video...if we ever get around to watching it!

:lmao: I totally wanted to do that, but DH vetoed that right off the bat. LOL

So, I had the pianist play it while the guests were leaving. Maybe I'll be able to hear it in the video...if we ever get around to watching it!

I am leaving the music up to my DF (he used to work in radio, so it's kind of "his thing") and that was his choice. I am curious if anyone has heard the violin play this. I know it won't be nearly as good as all the instruments, but hope it is still good. Input anyone?

Also, I heard back from my WC and they can do "At Last" for our first dance. My DF will be so pleased !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter