Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

Found booking direct with Sheraton and using AAA code much cheaper than DU. Getting $130 per night with housekeeping for Sept, couldnt beat that rate, and it direct, no deposits, cancellable etc. And you still get Sheraton Points for the trip.

Found booking direct with Sheraton and using AAA code much cheaper than DU. Getting $130 per night with housekeeping for Sept, couldnt beat that rate, and it direct, no deposits, cancellable etc. And you still get Sheraton Points for the trip.

I just ran my August dates. AAA rates are $195 per night. DU's no housekeeping rates are $157 nightly. Even the DU "with housekeeping" rates are cheaper than the AAA discount at $177 per night.

So its worth checking all the offers to see which one works out best for your specific travel period :thumbsup2 . And also to keep in mind the cancellation terms for your rate....it appears that the Dreams Unlimited cancellation fee is equal to the cost of one night's stay.

What building would you request for two boys 8 and 6 who are total pool rats??

An 8 and 6 year old will probably very much enjoy the small slide at the Falls pool. There's also a playground right beside the pool for when they want to run around and dry off for a bit:

This pool isn't open quite as late as the 3 main pools, though (Super Pool in Spas, Cascades and Fountains).

The Cascades pool would also be a real hit, I'd guess, for two little fellows. It has a (surprisingly powerful) waterfall, some shallower depths, and sprinklers:

The Cascades pool is also open until 1 a.m. in case your boys are night owls.

The Super Pool, which is in the Spas section, seems to have a little more draw for the older kids. Its deeper, and has a volleyball net on one end.

The Super pool was my son’s favourite, but he is an older teen (17 during our visit last summer) so he had much different criteria than that of younger kids :).

The Fountains pool also looks fun. It, too, has a waterfall, and it features poolside movies on certain nights of the week.

There are so many great pools at the resort (7 in total) that I really don't think you can go wrong, no matter what section you are assigned to :thumbsup2 .

And you can generally walk to multiple pools from any section, so you can enjoy them all (or at least several of them!) during your stay.

I am curious if anyone has experience with this resort on whether or not they easily grant room requests? How about upgrades?

Room requests (such as ground floor, upper floor, close to pool, etc.) can be submitted in advance of your arrival using the Diamond Lane Check-In. While the resort seems to be pretty good at honouring most of these requests wherever possible, nothing is "guaranteed" so that should always be kept in mind. Here is the link to use for special requests via Diamond Lane:

https://www.mystarcentral.com/services/diamond.jsp?propertyId=01

As for upgrades, most of the villas are essentially the same, so there is little room for an upgrade. The resort only offers four different villa types: 1 bedrooms, 1 bedroom premiums, 2 bedroom, and 2 bedroom lock-off. You can see the differences in villa configurations here:

https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork.com/sheraton-vistana-resort/villas/

Some of the two bedrooms have 2 twins in the second bedroom, the balance have two doubles. That is where most people find the biggest "difference" between the vast amount of the villas, as the majority are the standard 2-bedroom configuration.

Personally, I would not book at SVR expecting or hoping for an upgrade. I would book the villa type I need and want to help my vacation go as pleasantly as possible. Better to book a 2 bedroom unit if that's what you want than to reserve a one bedroom and hope for some pixie dust....occupancy levels (or other factors) simply might not allow it.

That said, the resort was AWESOME about meeting our special requests last August submitted via Diamond lane around 2 weeks before our arrival date. We had asked for a top floor unit, close to a main pool and basketball court, a unit that did not border one of the two highways (I4 & 535), and in the Spas Village if possible. They were able to tick off every item on our wish list :) .

Hi hope someone can help, will be staying here in October - November 2014 for 2 weeks from uk. We have booked through virgin holidays and we will arrive on a Thursday. I'm a bit confused on the checkin days getting assigned certain sections so just thought I would ask.

Will we be allocated a section or could we request for example cascades area? I think this the area I like the best. There are 7 of us in two x two bedroom villas ranging from 3 - 65 yrs of ages :-)

So excited and looking for any hints or tips you guys can offer :-)

Hi hope someone can help, will be staying here in October - November 2014 for 2 weeks from uk. We have booked through virgin holidays and we will arrive on a Thursday. I'm a bit confused on the checkin days getting assigned certain sections so just thought I would ask.

Will we be allocated a section or could we request for example cascades area? I think this the area I like the best. There are 7 of us in two x two bedroom villas ranging from 3 - 65 yrs of ages :-)

So excited and looking for any hints or tips you guys can offer :-)

I would certainly put in a Diamond Lane request to keep both parties together; just remember to send in both reservation numbers (if hotel stay) or exchange company account numbers (for II or RCI trades). You can ask for Cascades, and there is a pretty good chance at that time of year that they will be able to meet your request. Cascades has some buildings for each check-in day, so there is a good chance of getting it regardless of what day you arrive.

Hi all!:wave2:

Very excited to be checking in at SVR in 48 short days! We are typically Disney property people so I am hoping to get some advice on requests to make.

There will be 5 traveling in our party and we have a one bedroom booked. It is me (32), DD (3), DSis (28), nephew (3) and mom. We love the idea of a zero entry pool for the kids, a pool bar for the moms/gma and a top level unit. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a section to request? Thank you!

Hi all!:wave2:

Very excited to be checking in at SVR in 48 short days! We are typically Disney property people so I am hoping to get some advice on requests to make.

There will be 5 traveling in our party and we have a one bedroom booked. It is me (32), DD (3), DSis (28), nephew (3) and mom. We love the idea of a zero entry pool for the kids, a pool bar for the moms/gma and a top level unit. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a section to request? Thank you!

One bedroom villas are only located in the Cascades and Lakes sections, so if you have a one bedroom unit booked, those are the two possible areas that you will be assigned to.

bankr63 will confirm, but I thought one bedroom villas had a max occupancy of 4? That's what is listed on the SVR website:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/rooms/index.html?propertyID=5608

One bedroom villas are only located in the Cascades and Lakes sections, so if you have a one bedroom unit booked, those are the two possible areas that you will be assigned to.

bankr63 will confirm, but I thought one bedroom villas had a max occupancy of 4? That's what is listed on the SVR website:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/rooms/index.html?propertyID=5608

So as Gina indicates, not a lot to request on this one; both of those sections have good pools for the kids and access to a poolside bar.

Also, I agree with Gina, the 1BRs are really only meant for 4 people max.; there's a king bed in the master and a queen sleeper sofa. Five people will be tight! I would consider looking into the upgrade cost for a 2BR; the cost difference is usually negligible for the addition of 2 more real beds. As you are all one family unit, Sheraton might allow five in one unit, but they do have the right to refuse parties that are larger than the unit's occupancy.

I would certainly put in a Diamond Lane request to keep both parties together; just remember to send in both reservation numbers (if hotel stay) or exchange company account numbers (for II or RCI trades). You can ask for Cascades, and there is a pretty good chance at that time of year that they will be able to meet your request. Cascades has some buildings for each check-in day, so there is a good chance of getting it regardless of what day you arrive.

Thank you for the info bankr63 - when I was reading the info I wasn't sure if diamond lane requests where only for timeshare people so I will look into that. Does cascades have 2 bedroomed apartments? Would you say in your experience with the renovations planned sep-dec to zimmies / the fitness centre and the welcome centre that cascades would be a good option? On the photos in the brochure it says there a great pizza place at SVR is that within or is zimmies just a restaurant on it's own? Appreciate your help :-)

So as Gina indicates, not a lot to request on this one; both of those sections have good pools for the kids and access to a poolside bar.

Also, I agree with Gina, the 1BRs are really only meant for 4 people max.; there's a king bed in the master and a queen sleeper sofa. Five people will be tight! I would consider looking into the upgrade cost for a 2BR; the cost difference is usually negligible for the addition of 2 more real beds. As you are all one family unit, Sheraton might allow five in one unit, but they do have the right to refuse parties that are larger than the unit's occupancy.

Thank you both for alerting me to the max occupancy issue! I booked so long ago that I just assumed we had a one bedroom but we actually booked two :thumbsup2 I'm glad I came on and then double checked my reservation. I feel much better now!

Hi there. This is my first post on Dis Boards. I will be staying at SVR in August with my husband and 2-year-old daughter. We exchanged my in-law's timeshare in Mexico (a VIDA property) though a company called Advantage Exchange. I did a lot of research about which properties I wanted to stay at off of Disney property, and SVR was my top choice, so I'm excited. We are staying in a 2BR, which is more than we need, but we may have some friends and family who live in the area visit during the week, so I wanted the extra space.

I saw that at the beginning of the thread, there is a link to the Diamond Lane check-in form. Can anyone use this, or is for people who made reservations directly with Sheraton, or Starwood members? I need to get a crib or a Pack n Play for my daughter, and I'm not sure the best way to go about doing this. The Sheraton site says to make the request through the timeshare company, and that it still isn't guaranteed, but the exchange company said I call the resort directly. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks so much!

Thank you for the info bankr63 - when I was reading the info I wasn't sure if diamond lane requests where only for timeshare people so I will look into that. Does cascades have 2 bedroomed apartments? Would you say in your experience with the renovations planned sep-dec to zimmies / the fitness centre and the welcome centre that cascades would be a good option? On the photos in the brochure it says there a great pizza place at SVR is that within or is zimmies just a restaurant on it's own? Appreciate your help :-)

Anyone is welcome to use the D/L request.

Cascades has many 2BR options, both dedicated and LockOff. Getting both halves of a lockoff can be great as it provides a fair bit of additional space, but at the tradeoff of one less real bed. (i.e. 2 kings, 2 sofa beds).

Cascades is still a good option, the Zimmies renovations aren't likely to be too impactful, and there are other exercise centres in the resort.

I don't know about GREAT pizza. There used to be a Pizza Hut in the food court, but that area was renovated last year to become the Snack Shack. This is located on the North side of the resort (Lakes/Fountains) They do have pizza on the menu. You can see what was on the board on our last trip, pizzas on the right:

Hi there. This is my first post on Dis Boards. I will be staying at SVR in August with my husband and 2-year-old daughter. We exchanged my in-law's timeshare in Mexico (a VIDA property) though a company called Advantage Exchange. I did a lot of research about which properties I wanted to stay at off of Disney property, and SVR was my top choice, so I'm excited. We are staying in a 2BR, which is more than we need, but we may have some friends and family who live in the area visit during the week, so I wanted the extra space.

I saw that at the beginning of the thread, there is a link to the Diamond Lane check-in form. Can anyone use this, or is for people who made reservations directly with Sheraton, or Starwood members? I need to get a crib or a Pack n Play for my daughter, and I'm not sure the best way to go about doing this. The Sheraton site says to make the request through the timeshare company, and that it still isn't guaranteed, but the exchange company said I call the resort directly. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks so much!

Anyone can use it, but make sure that Vistana can identify your reservation. You should have some sort of confirmation number to provide on the form. With a smaller exchange like AE that doesn't have a relationship with the resort, you will need more than just a member number (which is all you need for II/RCI). Calling the resort is a good approach as well. A crib shouldn't be difficult, but talking to concierge might provide better assurance.

Thanks so much!

I have always called Vistana directly to request a crib. Never had problems getting one. Enjoy!!!

Anyone can use it, but make sure that Vistana can identify your reservation. You should have some sort of confirmation number to provide on the form. With a smaller exchange like AE that doesn't have a relationship with the resort, you will need more than just a member number (which is all you need for II/RCI). Calling the resort is a good approach as well. A crib shouldn't be difficult, but talking to concierge might provide better assurance.

Thanks so much. My ILs used to have II, but switched on their last trip, and it does not seem to be a good move overall. Such a hassle to get booked (but that's not a topic for this thread).

There is a 6-digit confirmation number on my reservation confirmation. Does that sound right?

Does anyone have any other tips for the Vistana with a 2-year-old? Right now, it says that our unit is TBD, so I have no idea what section we are in. Is there an area that I should request? Thanks!

Thanks so much. My ILs used to have II, but switched on their last trip, and it does not seem to be a good move overall. Such a hassle to get booked (but that's not a topic for this thread).

There is a 6-digit confirmation number on my reservation confirmation. Does that sound right?

Does anyone have any other tips for the Vistana with a 2-year-old? Right now, it says that our unit is TBD, so I have no idea what section we are in. Is there an area that I should request? Thanks!

Just have a great time!! My daughter went for the first time at two and then my son was 18 months for his. The two bedroom is great, plenty of space to run around and play. The Cascades pool is really fun for them too! There are water spouts for the kids to run through and they love when we take them through the water fall. There are tandem bikes you can use around the property, as well as a jungle gym with slides. On top of all that, there are daily fun activities that the resort provides (some free, some a small charge), such as mini golf, arts and crafts, bingo, etc. You'll get a schedule when you check in. You guys will have lots of fun!

Thanks ever so much bankr63 you really know your stuff! You will probably be sick of me come October ;-)

Being honest I don't know why I asked about the pizza place lol :-) and as for the fitness centre I can safely say I will be having a couple of weeks off with all the walking around the parks!! I thought I saw a photo on virgin website of KFC express Pizza Hut fast service counter at the resort?? Is that not true?? I promise I'm not a fast food junkie just keen to learn what's at the resort :-)

I think I remember seeing something about lock off rooms I'll have a look :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter