She's a big sister and an expedition leader: A party of 8 with a 9 month old September 2016 TR

Yak and Yeti is one of my favorite restaurants, as is the Wolfgang Puck Express at DS. Marshall's interaction with Chip and Dale was one of my top five favorite parts of the trip. He is such an easy going baby. Meeting Kook was fun. I've read her posts since the kids' first pretrip report years ago. She is extremely personable as one would expect. All things combined made for a perfect Disney Day.

We are the same way. The first thing we do when we get to our room is turn on must do Disney. The kids actually watch it as they go to sleep.
Yes! That and the Disney cartoons are about the only TV we watch at Disney. It is just a nice break from real life and the rest of the world. We were disapointed when those chanels didn't work at first, but they fixed them and we were good to go. :)

Yak and Yeti is one of my favorite restaurants, as is the Wolfgang Puck Express at DS. Marshall's interaction with Chip and Dale was one of my top five favorite parts of the trip. He is such an easy going baby. Meeting Kook was fun. I've read her posts since the kids' first pretrip report years ago. She is extremely personable as one would expect. All things combined made for a perfect Disney Day.
It was a great food day, but the next couple would rival it. It is so hard to pick a favorite. Marshall sure was more into the characters than I expected, but he likes pretty much everything.

So thumbs up or thumbs down for Disney Springs based on comparison to Downtown Disney in it's various historical versions...

So thumbs up or thumbs down for Disney Springs based on comparison to Downtown Disney in it's various historical versions...
I would say thumbs up, because they left what we love at the Marketplace untouched. We want to spend more time exploring the new stuff to become more familiar with it, but we doubt it will be a huge deal for us. We do enjoy the World of Disney, Lego store, and other Marketplace shops so we were glad they are as we remembered. The rest is a massive addition, and very different, but overall well done so thumbs up.

Following along! I really like how you both are posting back and forth. It's a fun read. The chip n dale meet up was adorable! I can't wait to read more and check out your old trip reports!

Following along! I really like how you both are posting back and forth. It's a fun read. The chip n dale meet up was adorable! I can't wait to read more and check out your old trip reports!
Thanks and welcome! We really do enjoy going through the trip and getting a good record of what we did. The old Trip Reports are fun, and we enjoy re-reading them too. It helps with the planning too since we see what combinations worked well for us.

Thanks for commenting and we hope to have another update up before too long (depending on how busy we get at work). Most of the conversation is actually written over instant messages back and forth between us as we go through the pictures and work on the updates.

We did Yak & Yeti in June. It was just okay in my opinion but we didn't really have the best service so that may be coloring my view. I got the wontons for dessert and thought they were good but I really wish I had gotten the Mango Pie!

Love the boat ride, as usual! Can't wait to try it (I've probably said this several times already...lol). DS is really new and confusing now. We had a T-Rex ADR and I was heading there ahead of my parents, with the boys, and thought I got lost so I turned back and went another way, which took forever but did get me there. I eventually found out that I could've just kept going the original way though. :(

Love the ornament. Our June 2017 trip will be our first family trip, with the boys myself, and my DH (he skipped last June and he hasn't been in like 25 to 30 years) so I need to get one of those ornaments to commemorate our trip. Love the photo! So cute!

I wasn't quite as impressed as usual with Yak and Yeti, but it was really good. The desserts were impressive, and we went with our usual combination of the Cream Cheese wontons and...

MANGO PIE! It could be my favorite Disney dessert.
We ate at Yak & Yeti on Tuesday night. Our favorite pot stickers were excellent. And I enjoyed my favorite drink, a Yak Attack. But they didn't have the Mandarin Chicken salad that I had in February. :( DH loved his Korean barbeque beef. The restaurant was freezing cold, though, and we couldn't wait to get out.

We were there for dinner and saw the Awakening of the Tree of Life afterwards. It wasn't what I was expecting at all, but it was very nice.

It was nice having our mugs with us from the morning, and they were easier to carry in the stroller cupholders since they were the new style without handles.
I like the new mugs because they are less bulky when trying to take them to the park. And I like not having to line up the hole in the lid with the handle of the mug.

On the way we also got a view of the new restaurant they are building at WL to go with the Villas expansion. We are thinking it will be a Quick Service place to expand on the QS capacity of the resort by having it as well as Roaring Fork.
It looks like the building on the right in that picture might be open to the outdoors. I haven't figured out what the buildings will be. But if it really is a new counter service, it will be a bit out of the way to go there for breakfast unless you are taking a boat afterwards. I wonder if one of the buildings will be a new pool bar like they have at POR.

We got a nice sunset shot of the castle too:
That is a very nice picture. :)

For dessert we split a cheesecake.
I had the cheesecake for the first time in June and I loved it. We hope to make it over to Wolfgang Puck Express in December.

We were disorientated when we arrived at the new bus depot at Disney Springs, too. We couldn't figure out how to get the the Marketplace and hit a dead end before we finally figured out how to get around. It seemed like the bus ride was faster than it used to be, which is nice.

I got some pictures of the kids playing with the stuffed Mickeys and Minnies.
Aw, that is cute. :)

In the room we opened up the ornament to take a look at it, and got a picture of Marshall sleeping with it.
We buy a glass mug for every new family member, Mickey for boys and Minnie for girls. The name is engraved on the mug and we pull them out for family events. It is nice to have some sort of tradition. :)

We did Yak & Yeti in June. It was just okay in my opinion but we didn't really have the best service so that may be coloring my view. I got the wontons for dessert and thought they were good but I really wish I had gotten the Mango Pie!
We really tend to enjoy Yak and Yeti and it always ranks among our favorite meals. It is on our "must do" list. Both desserts are unique, so the best answer is probably to try them both if you can find someone willing to share with you.

Love the boat ride, as usual! Can't wait to try it (I've probably said this several times already...lol). DS is really new and confusing now. We had a T-Rex ADR and I was heading there ahead of my parents, with the boys, and thought I got lost so I turned back and went another way, which took forever but did get me there. I eventually found out that I could've just kept going the original way though. :(
I'm glad we weren't the only ones confused. I suppose we'll figure it out, but it is definitely different.

Love the ornament. Our June 2017 trip will be our first family trip, with the boys myself, and my DH (he skipped last June and he hasn't been in like 25 to 30 years) so I need to get one of those ornaments to commemorate our trip. Love the photo! So cute!
Thank you. We love getting ornaments, and looking at each one and remembering the trip at Christmas.

We ate at Yak & Yeti on Tuesday night. Our favorite pot stickers were excellent. And I enjoyed my favorite drink, a Yak Attack. But they didn't have the Mandarin Chicken salad that I had in February. :( DH loved his Korean barbeque beef. The restaurant was freezing cold, though, and we couldn't wait to get out.

We were there for dinner and saw the Awakening of the Tree of Life afterwards. It wasn't what I was expecting at all, but it was very nice.
It is a shame to have a meal in an atmosphere where you just want to get out. We have been very comfortable at Yak and Yeti before, and even this time we were, we just had to walk across the aisle to chat with each other. We missed seeing the Tree of Life awakening, so I guess we will have to keep that on the list for next time. Maybe, just maybe by then there will be Rivers of Light.

I like the new mugs because they are less bulky when trying to take them to the park. And I like not having to line up the hole in the lid with the handle of the mug.
I completely agree. I wouldn't have chosen them, but I like them more, especially because of not having to think about the lid orientation. We will bring a marker to mark the bottoms to tell which is which next time though, because with the lids off they are identical.

It looks like the building on the right in that picture might be open to the outdoors. I haven't figured out what the buildings will be. But if it really is a new counter service, it will be a bit out of the way to go there for breakfast unless you are taking a boat afterwards. I wonder if one of the buildings will be a new pool bar like they have at POR.
My thought is it will be somewhat centrally located when you consider the new footprint of the resort. It would be on the way to the main building for many of the cabins. I am thinking it will have a covered eating area with indoor/outdoor tables. It may be like a pool snack bar similar to what they added at the Poly, and it would be great to have another potential mug refill station and some QS food to share the load with Roaring Fork.

We were disorientated when we arrived at the new bus depot at Disney Springs, too. We couldn't figure out how to get the the Marketplace and hit a dead end before we finally figured out how to get around. It seemed like the bus ride was faster than it used to be, which is nice.
We really do feel better that it wasn't just us. It is just so totally different. We really haven't felt that lost at Disney in a long time.

We buy a glass mug for every new family member, Mickey for boys and Minnie for girls. The name is engraved on the mug and we pull them out for family events. It is nice to have some sort of tradition. :)
That sounds neat, and everybody has their own special mug. It must be a fun occasion when you get them out.

Following along...
Thanks! We're glad you're here. We shoudl have another update together soon. We went through the next day of pictures, we just have to get enough time to write about it. :)

We made our way successfully from Rafiki's on the train back to Africa, and then made the walk over to Asia and arrived slightly ahead of schedule for our 2:00 ADR at Yak and Yeti. This was our hardest ADR to get, in that 2:00 was the best lunch time we could get for a party of 8.

We waited outside for a minute to gather our group and while we were waiting a little boy was playing with his brother and hit his head on the big bell that's right outside the door.

It was just the wrong height and cut his forehead and it was bleeding. It wasn't horrible, but did drip a bit on the ground and the poor kid was prety upset.

I watched for a minute and mom seemed to have things under control but the puddle of blood was getting larger so I went inside and let them know what had happened.

Head wounds can look worse than they are and it's always scary when someone is injured so you did the right thing telling a CM.

It turned out the family spoke Portuguese, and in true Disney fashion they found a Cast Member that spoke Portuguese from the restaurant in under a minute. Soon after they called us saying our tables were ready. They had split up our party due to its size, and we wound up with two tables for four that were near each other. This annoyed me a bit because we did have a reservation for 8, but it was the best they could do and we're all friends so John and Brandy ate with my parents and we had a little bit of seclusion for our immediate family.

Is a table for 8 there possible?

It worked out just fine and gave Paul and I a minute to catch up. It's amazing how much tag teaming we did during the trip and it was a great chance for us to regroup.

He always looks so happy...or sleepy;)

That's true. It was one of many times during the trip where I was like "Hi, what have you been up to?" where usually the two of us are together all the time and don't need to catch up. It is just busier with the bigger group. The food at Yak and Yeti was excellent as always, and I went with my ususal ribs.

I love how they plated it. That looks so tasty right now.

I got a noodle dish that was really good and Marshall really enjoyed sharing it too.

I'm impressed that Marshall ate some.

Brandy got the Kobe Cheeseburger, and I think it was one of his favorite food items of the trip.

I wasn't quite as impressed as usual with Yak and Yeti, but it was really good. The desserts were impressive, and we went with our usual combination of the Cream Cheese wontons and...

MANGO PIE! It could be my favorite Disney dessert.

I always have a hard time remembering what it is, because it reminds me of slightly flavored cheesecake, but it is great, and we shareed both desserts. My favorite here is the wontons though.

It is hard to choose a bad dessert anywhere in Disneyworld but these two in particular are in the top 5 on property as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, and it remains in strong contention for my favorite Table Service restaurant overall. It is a must do for us.

After we ate, we decided to head out of the park and back to the resort. We had fastpasses for Kali River Rapids, but nobody really wanted to wait around for them so we shopped on our way to the buses.

on our way out of the park we got a few large scattered rain drips like the sky could open up soon. The breeze that came along with the raindrops helped cool things off alot. On the island we talked with a CM about the Babirusas. We learned everything there is to know about these wild porcines however I remember none of the details except they were hoping for baby babirusas.

It's always fun chatting with the CMs and I always learn something new.

On our way to the buses, we were talking about wanting to check out the Contemporary since we hadn't been there yet, and since our bus was shared with theirs we could just ride it over there. Grandma and Grandpa had headed back ahead of us, so it was just the 6 of us left. We got on the bus at 4:37, and made it to WL at 4:52 but stayed on and got to CR at 5:00.

Marshall had fallen asleep at lunch and was still napping when we got to the Contemporary which made for peaceful meandering. We filled our mugs and hit the giftshop.

It was nice having our mugs with us from the morning, and they were easier to carry in the stroller cupholders since they were the new style without handles. We enjoyed shopping at all three gift shops at the Contemporary.

Bay View Gifts is a nice shop and has a good selection of watches. I bought my Skagen Mickey watch there which I still love. It's a very subtle Mickey on the face.

I saw a watch I liked, but wasn't sure if it was "Mickey" enough to justify the cost.

Once we were done upstairs at the CR, we headed out toward the boat dock. We got a picture with the metal Mickey, then got on a Blue flag boat to Fort Wilderness at 6:12.

That's a great photo spot. I have a photo on my desk with DD in the same spot as Allie when she was around 8.

It got to Fort Wilderness at 6:16, where it started sprinkling.

It was more accurately raining on one side of the boat but not the other. Poor John and Brandy picked the wrong side of the boat.

On the way we also got a view of the new restaurant they are building at WL to go with the Villas expansion. We are thinking it will be a Quick Service place to expand on the QS capacity of the resort by having it as well as Roaring Fork.

Yes, it should be a QS and bar, much like Poly's poolside QS.

As we got to WL the rain let up, and we had a dry walk up to our rooms, and we were there by 6:30.

We decided to hang out in the rooms for a little bit before heading out again. Allie worked on homework, Marshall played on the floor, and I iced my ankle which I had twisted the weekend before the trip.

We got a nice sunset shot of the castle too:

That is going to be one pricey view when re-categorized. I'm so glad you guys got to experience it heavily discounted;)

It was some good downtime but it didn't take long before we were experiencing some cabin fever.

I like the short breaks at the room. It doesn't take long before we are ready to be out and about again, but we head out refreshed. We all headed out at 7:30 and caught a bus for Disney Springs (still Downtown Disney to me) at 7:45.

It was pretty disorienting when the bus pulled up and dropped us off, everything was NEW!

I can not recall ever feeling that lost at Disney. We roughly knew where we should have been, but nothing was familiar at all. It felt like we were at an outlet mall near home, not at our beloved Downtown Disney. We walked through the new stuff and were pleasantly surprised when we got to the World of Disney store. Poof, we were right back in our familiar zone, having crossed through what just two years ago was just a parking lot and now had sprung into a full scale mall.

It was a strange experience. We never really got over and finished exploring all of the new stuff but it did feel very much like some of the outdoor malls which we have many of around us.

We then walked to a familiar dinner destination, one of our very favorite Quick Service spots: Wolfgang Puck Express

Lunch had officially worn off and we were all ready for dinner.

I had my usual here as well, the meatloaf sandwich.

Allie and Grandma shared a cheese pizza, which Allie really enjoyed and was talking about just the other day.

I had pasta and it was amazing, Marshall enjoyed it too. For dessert we split a cheesecake. It makes me sad they no longer have the creme brule here. It was one of my favorites. They do brulee the top of the cheesecake though so it kinda makes up for it.

After dinner, we headed to the art store to see if they still had Marshall's dumbo print, because that was where we had seen it and I inadvertently put the plan for his existence into motion.

Plus we needed to own it now, we have the baby, and the babys room so...

The only issue is it wasn't there. At least the one we remembered wasn't. They had a more expensive framed one that seemed close but wasn't exactly what we remembered, and it was $400.

Very much out of our budget and really not the same. We even questioned if it was the same print, it just looked different. So we left empty handed and went over to pick out our traditional personalized Christmas ornament.

We get one special personalized ornament every trip, and they are some of our very favorites on the tree each year. We knew that the special thing about this year's trip was that it was Marshall's first, so that was our plan. While Melissa waited in line to drop it off for personalization, I got some pictures of the kids playing with the stuffed Mickeys and Minnies.

That's a darling brother/sister photo.

Marshall quickly grew tired and fussy and the personalization line moves sooo sloowww. So I left Paul to finish up and took Marsh outside to nurse and chillax.

By the time I got to the front of the line it was after 10 PM, and I forgot to tell them we wanted it shipped to our resort. The guy said it would be ready at 11 tonight, and since it was less than an hour I figured that'd work well.

Paul took Allie to ride the carousel because she had been so patient waiting.

It blows me away how much she wants to ride this little carousel. It is tiny, and not particularly special, but she loves it and wants to ride it every time, and as a Daddy I provide the $3.

Then we went around to World of Disney.

It surprised us that they had taken away some of the World of Disney store for the Starbucks, but it still is a massive store, and it was fun to show it to Brandy and John who thought the World of DIsney at DLR was big. It had to be getting pretty late, but Allie insisted on posing with mouse ears:

I ran back to the christmas store to get there before they closed at 11 hoping they had gotten our ornament done. They had it done and sitting on the personalization table, and I picked it up at 10:50. Then I ran back across to World of Disney and met back up with everyone. Since it was late we decided to head back, and got to the bus stop at 11:12 and on a bus at 11:19. We then got "home" to WL at 11:38 PM, successfully finishing off what must have been the longest day of the trip.

In the room we opened up the ornament to take a look at it, and got a picture of Marshall sleeping with it.

That will be a cherished keepsake and photo! ETA: You have to "click to expand" to see my other comments in ovals.

I wish we could have chatted more, but I know you guys were on a tight FP schedule;). I think Paul keeps track of every minute, and I tend to, umm, like to chat. You have a wonderful family and two very lucky and adorable grandkids.

Late to the party, but following along! Your new addition is adorable and I can't believe how big your little princess is now!!

Late to the party, but following along! Your new addition is adorable and I can't believe how big your little princess is now!!
Welcome! We're just getting started (and it gets drawn out when work gets in the way) but that's ok, there's lots more to come. We're glad you're here to follow along again.

On Tuesday, I woke up at 6:15 so I went ahead and got up and ready. I went downstairs for mug refuills when the alarm went off at 6:45. We had it set early because Allie had a special appointment.

6:45 is probably way too early to get up on vacation but we had places to be and the princess to wake up.

Yes, she had an appointment with a fairy godmother at BBB. This is something we weren't sure she'd still be as excited about, since this was her third time in four years, but she was really excited.

Yeah she's getting older and isn't as much into the princess stuff as she used to be but she was still up for a makeover. We picked up a dress at the Disney Store at home on clearance and brought it with us.

We got a great deal on the Anna dress, and it was one of the nice non scratchy ones. We got it months ahead of time, and hoped she'd grow into it which she pretty much did, we just had to tie up the straps a bit.

After getting Allie up at 7:15 she shared some Strawberry waffles with us.

Then she got ready without any issues, and we left the room just after 8:00 and stopped by the front desk to apply some gift cards from Target to our bill. While we did that she stopped and watched cartoons in the lobby. This is one of her favorite things, no matter which Disney resort we are at, she loves to stop and watch cartoons.

We got to the bus stop at 8:15, and the monitor showed that the bus was due at 8:18. It arrived and we were to the front of MK by 8:23. This meant we would be observing another first in all of our WDW trips, Rope Drop!

We also had the bus almost to ourselves, it was crazy being that early, it worked out great! The only other person on the bus was a nice lady we had met on the way to AK the day before.

I think that was one of the advanatages of having WL at half capacity, even just before Rope drop the bus transportation wasn't crowded.

We were both excited to finally see what rope drop was about, and it didn't disappoint.

It may have even gotten a little dusty there at the end, maybe it was the streamers.

In my notes I had that we might have been slightly alergic to the light rain, because our eyes were wet. It was very cool, especially for the lucky family that got to ride in on the train with the characters.

It was fun to see, and we were amazed that we had never made it to see it before, but we all know Allie isn't a morning person.

and neither is Melissa, but apparently Marshall is so Melissa gets to be now too.

Well, at least this day you got to see something new and cool. Since we were early, and Allie's appointment wasn't until 9:20, we headed for the teacups on our way to the castle. Allie and I went for a spin while Grandpa, Melissa, and Marshall took a break.

Then we headed to the castle, and arrived just a couple minutes early for her appointment. We met Grandma there, since she had slept in and didn't need to leave as much time to make sure she was on time as we had.

Soon after we were introduced to a fairy godmother who was very nice, and Allie had a great time.

She chose to add some color extensions to her hair and got her nails done and all that fun stuff.

She loved it all, especially the brightly colored hair, and Grandma and Grandpa and us enjoyed watching.

I'm glad we did it, she's growing up way too fast and won't be into the princess stuff forever.

Afterward the fairy godmother got her some ruber bands to tie up the dress straps better than we had, and really made Allie look cute. She was playful too, and while combing our Allie's slightly wet hair asked "Where's the princess? Don't tell me I lost another princess." After the makeover we went and did the photo shoot next door, and they got some cute shots.

She was really good with Allie who can be pretty hard to bring out of her shell.

I'm so glad we did BBB too, and for most of the trip Allie said it was her very favorite part, and I think she might even say that now. After the pictures we headed to the carousel for a ride and more pictures.

On the way we saw Elena of Avalor, which Allie thought was cool too.

Then we rode the Winnie the Pooh ride for our first time at WDW, although it is very similar to the version at Disneyland.

Winnie the Pooh is super cute and Marshall really liked everything that was going on in the queue.

After that we met up with John and Brandy, who had gone on some fast rides while we were with the fairy godmother. We all had fastpasses for Seven Dwarves Mine Train, so we did a baby swap for Marshall and Allie decided she wanted to go with us on it.

She went on it the first time but didn't like it at all. She's definately not a daredevil.

In the ride picture you can just see she's waiting for it to be over, and holding tight onto my arm. I thought it would be smooth enough and themed enough she might like it, but it was definitely not her thing. Melissa, John, and Brandy rode it with the baby swap pass, and they had fun.

It's a neat rollercoaster and right about my speed. After mine train we were just about ready for lunch. We had lunch fastpasses for BOG. We'd never done lunch here before so it was a new experience.

We arrived a little early and had to go kill some time so we walked over to the village and checked out the Belle shop and watched Gaston interact with guests for a bit before we checked in at 12:10. Then we got in lines to place our orders, since we had not pre-prdered.

We wound up at a self service machine, and had some issues because we had started the process using Allie's Magic Band, which appearently didn't have room charging privileges. We got it all figured out though, and soon were on our way to meet everyone at a nice big table. They had ordered with a cashier and it went smoothly.

We lucked out and found a table big enough for everyone in the ballroom.

When our food arrived, I was very impressed. I got the Roast Beef sandwich, and it is probably the best Roast Beef sandwich I've ever had. It was flavorful and just an excellent sandwich. Melissa got the grilled ham and cheese, which was good too, but I preferred the Roast Beef. We also got three cupcakes to share. They were very good, although a touch on the small side.

The food was great and the atmosphere was fantastic! I would agree though the roast beef was better than the grilled ham and cheese.

After having done both lunch and dinner at BOG, I think I preferred the lunch. It might be the best QS meal deal now, edging out Wolfgang Puck Express. I think it was definitely worth making the ADR six months in advance.

I would agree, the location is perfect, the atmosphere is amazing, and the food is pretty darned delicious too.

After lunch we had a bit of time before our next Fastpass, so we split up to hit some favorite rides. See how it went in the next update...

We still had lots of good stuff coming our way!

We were both excited to finally see what rope drop was about, and it didn't disappoint.
That was nice that you finally got to see the opening show. It must be hard to get out early with the time zone difference. We have only seen it once or twice. It is really hard to get MK before show time.

Soon after we were introduced to a fairy godmother who was very nice, and Allie had a great time.
She looks like a very friendly Fairy Godmother. I can see both of you in the mirror. That is a big camera lens. ::yes::

She chose to add some color extensions to her hair and got her nails done and all that fun stuff.
I really like the way Allie's hair turned out. It is so much nicer than the tight bun that most girls have.

She was really good with Allie who can be pretty hard to bring out of her shell.
Allie looks lovely. I like the shoulders on her Anna dress and the way the CM made the straps look like part of the dress with those rubber bands.

On the way we saw Elena of Avalor, which Allie thought was cool too.
We caught the Elena welcome show at the Castle during our trip. I had no idea who Elena was, but that didn't matter. She had a great singing voice.

We wound up at a self service machine, and had some issues because we had started the process using Allie's Magic Band, which appearently didn't have room charging privileges. We got it all figured out though, and soon were on our way to meet everyone at a nice big table. They had ordered with a cashier and it went smoothly.
I hate those self service machines. I would rather go to a cashier. I think it is faster when a CM places the order.

After having done both lunch and dinner at BOG, I think I preferred the lunch. It might be the best QS meal deal now, edging out Wolfgang Puck Express. I think it was definitely worth making the ADR six months in advance.
I agree with you that lunch at BOG is really nice. It is a great place to use a counter service credit. And it is a lot easier to get to than Wolfgang Puck. My favorite is the braised pork and raspberry lemon tart. DH tried the roast beef the last time we were there and he really liked it.

I've never seen RD before myself, even though I had planned to on this past trip (my dad was the obstacle)...my TR is even titles "Rope Drop is Tip #1" even though I never once got to experience it. This next trip is minus my parents and plus my DH,who will gladly let me lead us, therefore I think we will make RD at least once! If we end up at WL (we will find out in less than a month) it should be even easier, as we will be so close. I'm sure I'll be allergic to something too, and my eyes will be wet for some reason!

Love the BBB photos! I wish I had a little girl to take to BBB. Yes, I know they have packages for boys but it's not quite the same.

My then 4 year old gave 7DMT a try this past trip and his exact words were, "Never again!" So I can relate!

Love BoG for lunch. Love, love the atmosphere. Oh and the strawberry cupcake!

Great BBB photos. Love the hair extensions. I didn't even know that was an option. I've only seen the bun styled hair.

I love the picture of Elena waving. I booked a fp+ to meet her with Cinderella. The kids watch her show all the time. When I told them my fp news, it was crickets. :bored:

That was nice that you finally got to see the opening show. It must be hard to get out early with the time zone difference. We have only seen it once or twice. It is really hard to get MK before show time.

Yeah, the time difference messes with us a bit, but I still always wake up early there. Allie on the other hand, would prefer to sleep in. We do have the advantage of later park opening times in September, so since the park opened at 9 we didn't have to get up as early. We also do like having a Crystal Palace reservation before the park opens, but then we are up even earlier and miss the whole show. We schedule those for a little later in the trip when we are more adjusted to the time change.

She looks like a very friendly Fairy Godmother. I can see both of you in the mirror. That is a big camera lens. ::yes::
We LOVE our camera, and are surprised how much we carry it at Disney. We didn't bring any really big lenses, just out trusty 24-105mm F4.0 that we love for park stuff. It isn't crazy heavy and the results can be pretty nice.

I really like the way Allie's hair turned out. It is so much nicer than the tight bun that most girls have.

Allie looks lovely. I like the shoulders on her Anna dress and the way the CM made the straps look like part of the dress with those rubber bands.
Allie likes having different hair, I think that's her favorite part of BBB. This time she got a couple of days out of the hair stuff. The Fairy Godmother did a great job and really made her look great, down to tying up the dress.

I hate those self service machines. I would rather go to a cashier. I think it is faster when a CM places the order.

I agree with you that lunch at BOG is really nice. It is a great place to use a counter service credit. And it is a lot easier to get to than Wolfgang Puck. My favorite is the braised pork and raspberry lemon tart. DH tried the roast beef the last time we were there and he really liked it.
We usually don't mind the technology, but it sure isn't faster, especially when the person that comes to "help" has no idea what the problem is. Oh well. BOG was amazing, and there's more to try next time. That tart looked good, but I'm getting another Roast Beef sandwich.

I've never seen RD before myself, even though I had planned to on this past trip (my dad was the obstacle)...my TR is even titles "Rope Drop is Tip #1" even though I never once got to experience it. This next trip is minus my parents and plus my DH,who will gladly let me lead us, therefore I think we will make RD at least once! If we end up at WL (we will find out in less than a month) it should be even easier, as we will be so close. I'm sure I'll be allergic to something too, and my eyes will be wet for some reason!
Ahh yes. It is funny how everyone talks about rope drop like everyone does it, and for us it just usually isn't happening. We really enjoyed it though, and will shoot for doing it again (although we didn't do it again on this trip...)

I hope you get to stay at WL. We really love that resort. We are working on staying there for our next trip too. We don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves in the report, but we really want to be back at WL, hopefully next year. Anywhere at Disney World is great, but WL is just a step above and perfect for us.

Love the BBB photos! I wish I had a little girl to take to BBB. Yes, I know they have packages for boys but it's not quite the same.
No, there's just something cute about a girl getting a fancy makeover. I still can't believe how excited Allie was to do it her first time, and it wasn't her first trip. She just got old enough to get into it at the perfect time, and she had a ball. I think she'll do it again next time too. Time to start dress shopping. We considered getting a haircut for Marshall on Main Street, but it just wouldn't be the same. We still might do it sometime though.

My then 4 year old gave 7DMT a try this past trip and his exact words were, "Never again!" So I can relate!
I really thought it was calmer than some stuff she has ridden, but oh well. I remember being scared of Space Mountain for a very long time.

Love BoG for lunch. Love, love the atmosphere. Oh and the strawberry cupcake!
It was great, and we do love it at dinner too. The cupcakes were great, we just felt like we could use a couple of them. Mmmm, that would be good.

Great BBB photos. Love the hair extensions. I didn't even know that was an option. I've only seen the bun styled hair.
They give the girls a bunch of options, and Allie likes the colored options. They always check with the parents to make sure it is ok, but it makes it so much fun for her that we are fine with it. She did the more classic bun her first time, but really enjoys the colors.

I love the picture of Elena waving. I booked a fp+ to meet her with Cinderella. The kids watch her show all the time. When I told them my fp news, it was crickets. :bored:
Oh well, it will be cool to see her. We didn't get to meet her in or watch the show this time, so that's on our list for next time.

This BBB photos are just darling as is Allie's dress. Do you think she'll want to do it next year? Speaking of dressing up, what will she go as for Halloween? It's nice they have the photographer there to take some photos in a separate room. Have they always had this?

Some of you had lots of fun on 7DMT, but Allie and Grampa, maybe not so much? It's interesting how the girl in front of Melissa is dressed as Alice in Wonderland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter