"She's Gone Country" Chris and Amanda's May 25, 2015 SBP/Attic Wishes Wedding

Serendipityblah

Earning My Ears
So we are officially one year away from our wedding date. I re-emailed Disney so we can start the booking process. I had originally emailed them back in February and was told to calm down and wait patiently for the one year mark then the fun would begin. I don't know how I can contain myself though!

The wedding is so far away because I am in the Navy and currently have a little less than one year left on my contract. We are both in the Navy actually. So finding time that we are both available is pretty tricky. This is also both of ours second wedding. He has two adorable children and I have one. We are looking forward to incorporating our kids into the ceremony with the Family Medallion Ceremony.

Our theme is a little bit odd and I'm still trying to picture it working in my head... it's Disney princesses gone country. So we are gonna get the carriage and do the Magic Kingdom photo shoot. We are gonna have Cinderella invites. But then our wedding favors are going to be homemade jam in mason jars and I'm wearing cowboy boots under my dress. Our colors are pink and green to match my favorite flower, the star gazer lily.

To kind of fit with our theme I was thinking a Sea Breeze Point ceremony with an Attic reception. We are only going to have about 28 people come so the more intimate setting is nice. I just wish Mickey's Backyard BBQ was an option!

I already have my dress on order. We have our cake topper and idea for the cakes (It will be a beautiful white cake getting splattered all over by the groom's mud truck cake.) I'm getting started on making our pixie dust bottles (We are having glitter thrown at us instead of rice or petals.) I just have to curb my enthusiasm until Cheri emails me back.

Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome and of course I'm going to keep updating as the date gets closer!

Congratulations!!!! Your wedding sounds like it will really be fun and unique!!!

I know that there's a cookout option for rehearsal dinners-- surely you could have that for your wedding if you asked, couldn't you??? If you're having a wishes wedding they're usually pretty happy to listen to your suggestions and work with you. But before you fill up loads of bottles of glitter- be forewarned! They have rules about what you can and can't toss. I'd make sure I ask before you go through all the trouble. I have a feeling glitter would be a huge liability. I know someone who scratched her cornea with a little piece of glitter, you have to be really careful!

Oh wow! I would have never thought glitter would be dangerous! Thank you so much for that!

Last thing I would want is someone getting hurt. I'm still definitely going to do the homemade pixie dust but it will have to be another favor. I will definitely talk to them about that.

Oh, yeah, the cookout option is a good idea and you could always do Mickey's Backyard BBQ for a welcome dinner!

Oh wow! I would have never thought glitter would be dangerous! Thank you so much for that! Last thing I would want is someone getting hurt. I'm still definitely going to do the homemade pixie dust but it will have to be another favor. I will definitely talk to them about that.

And YOU!! You're the one it's going to be pelted at!! Lol.

Just got an email from Cheri and our date has been confirmed! We are now officially getting married on the 25th of May 2015!!! (Memorial Day) The ceremony will be held at noon at Sea Breeze Point and we will have our reception at the Attic.

I can't stop smiling! I just got done ordering our Save the Dates.

We have our engagement photo session on Sunday so lots of pictures to come!

I know there was another bride who had a reception over at Fort Wilderness, along the lines of the Mickey's BBQ...It looked like they had a lot of fun. I'll try and find her information for you...

I think your wedding sounds fun and I love that you'll be wearing cowboy boots under your dress!

Congrats!
Brooke

My prince charming and I are planning a June 2015 Wishes wedding so you and I are almost on the same boat! Did you get your contract and everything yet?

So we sent off our contract and deposit and are expecting our planning package sometime this upcoming week. Unfortunately, I will be underway so I don't get to see the package for like two weeks or so. I am soooo sad and yet soooo excited at the same time.

On a happy note though, our engagement photos came in. Here are just a few of my favorites. There were over 250 to choose from!

b56bff547177e3f8197ca498bf928213.jpg

4d97724f54f64d615debe5b6a1ff42b8.jpg

f89097728961710d47c6b182f90bd3d9.jpg

e457780852ae13b7ce2b4e6a7eef66cb.jpg

25770fedcef4f493ba08ce80c5308073.jpg

655a3c654706a9e9f0db010157c95789.jpg

311eb6044b3abb674895beb3779df77c.jpg

028df533074568c571f67e912a19dd57.jpg

0f567b0ec97ae1f938cadb2605bdb87a.jpg

e1a0406bb919736d26144162cb05000e.jpg

8297ecfab0e62bc0633e51119c011115.jpg

fd032cdb61301e2eee6315a77a49faaa.jpg

19676d6f7ceb8ac5ac0f6108dd1cc964.jpg

56fe3fdc7e9ecfa3f76fe5709f425781.jpg

3c5af4f0747aa8d46ce5909ee875be6f.jpg

455cd1728fcf01db59fded996073b842.jpg

Joining! Your engagement pics look fabulous - I love that sailor dress.
Love your ideas so far - from the first few engagement pics I really get an idea on how your country princess theme will work out!

How have I not commented on this yet? I love the sounds of your plans so far, and I love, LOVE weddings that incorporate kids into the ceremony - tugs at the ol'heartstrings ::yes::

Your pictures are so cute and lovely! I also enjoyed your Legend of Zelda tattoo ;)

Thank you everyone for your kind words! This board is so encouraging. I truly do appreciate the comments.

I'm currently underway and I don't have much to do while I'm on watch so I thought I'd share a little of mine and Chris's story.

How we met:

We were both stationed on the same ship. I had already been onboard for about 9 months and he was just checking on. My bestie (Tara; the maid of honor and ONLY bridesmaid) came down to our shop and was like "I just walked into CSMC (which is another space onboard where all our work gets coordinated) and this new guy just looked at me and asked me who I was." I was like "What a weirdo." And that was where my "hatred" of him began.

He soon made a name for himself as a loud, outspoken person who didn't care what anyone thought. I'm pretty quiet and reserved so this just made me think he was a loud butthead even more.

Then he went on temporary assignment to be in charge of the messdecks. I went one night while we were underway to get coffee and he asked me how it was since he had made it himself. I told him it was just ok and I was promptly banned from drinking messdecks coffee.

Fast forward to deployment 2012.

We were in port Souda Bay, Crete and the entire ship was hanging out at a local bar drinking and playing corn hole. He came up to me and asked me if he could sit next me. I had a six pack of beer and told him to ask me again after I'd finished it. He did. The night was filled with him throwing bottle caps down my shirt and since I'd drank a six pack apparently that spelled love to me.

The engagement:

We lived together in a two bedroom apartment for a little more than a year after deployment. But we were coming to the point where we wanted to get a dog and we wanted our kids to be able to live with us. (My son lives with my dad while I'm on sea duty.... being a single parent in the military is hard.) So we decided to rent a house.

I had duty the day we got the keys to our house so I hadn't been there yet. (Duty is where you have to stay on the ship for 24 hours standing armed watches and making sure nothing goes wrong in the night.) He picked me up from duty (I always giggle when I say duty because my son giggles and asks me if it's a big one.) and took me to our new home. As I opened the door, he picked me up and carried me across the threshold.

In the kitchen was a vase of my favorite flowers. As I was bending down to smell them, I turned around and there he was on one knee asking me to marry him. Of course I said yes!

Having a Disney wedding was a no brainer. I'm the Disney girl. Always have been and always will be. And he loves that about me. He told me that I'm not allowed to ever grow up.

Anyway, our save the dates have come and gone. They are magnets (which I collect along with snowglobes.) Here is a picture:

26ceaff4b0d9279af8d37fde6f0e131f.jpg

Also I have my garters ready... pretty sure they are perfect lol. The only difference from this picture is that mine are made from Bud Platinum caps (his favorite beer) and are grey and blue:

37b44cc0988dbca44317601a09649f9d.jpg

I've already got my dress, but just in case Chris gets curious and looks at this page I'm not going to post it. I don't think I'm going to go for a veil. My mom wore this really cool Victorian hat at her wedding and I think I might do that for mine. I got a quote on one and it was pricey, but I'm thinking it might be worth it. If I decide against it I might just go with a cool headpiece. I don't want a traditional serious wedding. I want fun and laughter and of course SPARKLES!

First of all: how could I forget to post on your tattoo? We're going to incorporate Zelda in our wedding as it's DF's favorite video game series - and my garter will be a Zelda one ;-)
Your garter is also really cool - I mean it's for the husbands in the end, right? Why not theme them?

I really like your save the dates - they're very elegant, but don't look like a traditional wedding and very much fun (and SPARKLES!)

Also your engagement story is really beautiful - it shows how much he knows about you to time it that perfect!

Your story is so cute - it's so funny to look back on how you started knowing where you ended up :goodvibes

I LOVE your save the dates - they look like they fit your theme perfectly. I wish I had one of those on my fridge! And that garter is going to look awesome - can't wait to see your version!

First of all: how could I forget to post on your tattoo? We're going to incorporate Zelda in our wedding as it's DF's favorite video game series - and my garter will be a Zelda one ;-)
Your garter is also really cool - I mean it's for the husbands in the end, right? Why not theme them?

I really like your save the dates - they're very elegant, but don't look like a traditional wedding and very much fun (and SPARKLES!)

Also your engagement story is really beautiful - it shows how much he knows about you to time it that perfect!

Yay a fellow Zelda lover! That's so cool that your garter is going to be Hero of Time. Pretty jelly over here :cool1:

elphie101 said:
Your story is so cute - it's so funny to look back on how you started knowing where you ended up

I LOVE your save the dates - they look like they fit your theme perfectly. I wish I had one of those on my fridge! And that garter is going to look awesome - can't wait to see your version!

Thank you so much. He constantly reminds me of how I used to not like him and apparently always had a thing for me. Seems to think it means he loved me the longest even though I was the first one to say it. He is so silly. :joker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter