"She's Gone Country" Chris and Amanda's May 25, 2015 SBP/Attic Wishes Wedding

All right so the seas have gotten to me and I feel like I want to post more stuff before I get home and see my planning package lol. It really is boring sitting in the middle of the ocean. Now I can't upload any photos from my phone because we aren't allowed put USBs in the computers, but I did find some stuff on the internet that is pretty close to want I want to share.

First, I know I said I wasn't going to do this but the chances of Chris coming here are slim to none lol. Plus it isn't ME in the dress and it also isn't the EXACT dress. My dress doesn't have the capped sleeves and the embellishments on the peekaboo tulle skirt are all ivory instead of gold. But here it is. It is called Gainesville and its part of the Blue collection by Enzoani. I am so in love with this dress. I can't wait until mine comes in.

71405ef3cf1fdc47db5600d7f6547a08.jpg

Also here are the boots I plan on buying within the next few months. Note the rhinestones and sequins. (Did I mention I like sparkles?)

5bb595c58043cf69a96a1d99facfa03f.jpg

And here is the hat that I want. I am a little iffy on this. My maid of honor thinks it would look great but I thought I would put it to you guys too. Do you think it goes with my dress? I really love it, so I hope you guys think it goes lol.

aeaf96b7a3c9595d1581d68987dfc915.jpg

I found these two ideas for glasses...

il_570xN.527666782_mvl5.jpg
il_570xN.439461571_j67n.jpg

We aren't very fancy and we both really enjoy beer so I'm leaning more towards the beer mugs for our special glasses. But then again I really love wine and champagne so I like the flutes... So many decisions.

Thats about all I have to say for today. I keep googling wedding pictures and finding stuff I love but I don't have my do's and don'ts of decorating at Disneyworld yet so I don't want to get too attached to these ideas.

When I get home I am totally taking more pictures of me and Chris to put on here. More pictures of our ACTUAL stuff to share. These generic internet pictures are starting to make me sad lol. I want to share MY stuff!

You're dress is going to ne beautiful! I say, go for the hat!! I'm sure it will give you a very unique look - also the boots are very cool!

I like both the beer glasses and the flutes - for a traditional toast the flutes would be better, but the beer glasses might be something you would use more often later?

Eager to hear more plans! Hope you can see your planning kit soon! And remember: if you have questions concerning decorations etc, you can always ask on the main board here!

I am finally home. I opened my disney package. They gave us free one year unlimited passes! Holy moly! Can't believe it! An in person planning session was out of the cards before but now.... I gotta talk to the other half about this. It was such a great surprise!

Anyway, here is a picture of my actual garters.
698016c2eb4122bacd9b2d7e26c39a0f.jpg

Here is a picture of me underway when Chris emailed me to tell me our disney package had arrived:
9e41db55df85267508c1e96ba9fa3a79.jpg

I don't know if you can tell but I was super excited.

Also while I was perusing my pictures I came across this gem from a beer festival a couple months ago.
55f00941ea13c8f389890e9ffe3fc066.jpg

I was so excited to see her! I kept going on and on about how I getting married at her castle. It was a beer festival so you can imagine how happy I was with over 150 beers to sample. She was a really good sport and listened to my blabbering.

Hahaha! You do look really excited! That hat in the beer picture! Awesome! Glad to see things are coming along nicely!

Our planning party has been confirmed for November. Unfortunately it has to be a phone call but it's still super exciting. We also sent in our deposit for Reverend Tim. We are super excited to book him.

Now it's time for more pictures!

3ea02aad28687d58b49be8b9ccb483c6.jpg

This is our cake topper. It's irreverent and just darn funny. Just like us! I can almost 100% guarantee that we will be doing this same pose during our first dance.

8b4815c2f4b40d8f41ebfc02a1291b0c.jpg

I just got done filling bottles for pixie dust. There is glitter all over my living room and myself. I absolutely love it! I am pretty pleased with the way they've turned out. I am still debating putting a label on them but I don't really think that they need it.

91099703fd8b21e6d88763d6ad46159f.jpg

My boots came in! It was pretty hard getting this shot all by myself. I'm actually pretty impressed lol. I love these boots. I was a little scared ordering them online but they fit perfect and are super comfortable.

d0728359b260226a27381fb81fe2e2f5.jpg

897a3a12401092fad107c5150f50078f.jpg

c2a596ec1e9c9713b12c0d41d4013faf.jpg

Our invitations are still being made and are due to be shipped to us mid September. But I designed these brochures to include with our invites so people know where to stay and the discounts they get for being our guest.

I realized that I haven't posted my ring yet. Now I am not a photographer and all the pictures I've taken haven't done it justice so I stole this picture from the verragio website. It is my exact ring just photographed to perfection.

feb8a0a42f39aed093e6fa1781e048e2.jpg

I am constantly catching myself staring at my ring. Lol

In non wedding related news we got a new dog last weekend!

4e1c072c7a891941bb7455c929b582d7.jpg

He is an Australian Shepard. His name is Boomerang Waitforit Harrison. We call him Boomer for short. My DF is an Oklahoma Sooners fan so I came up with the name for him.

Those are all our updates so far!

I love those brochures!! I'm definitely going to do something like that now. Super cute and great info!

Everything you posted looks great - I don't think you need to label the pixie dust bottles. Your invites are beautiful, such fresh colors!
And yay for your new dog! It's always exciting to welcome a new family member!

Those pinkie dust bottles are the cutest! I love those brochures! I'm tempted to steal that idea. ;) Boomer is so cute! I love Australian Shepherds! I'm a big fan of HIMYM, so I love the middle name, too! Also, that engagement ring is gorgeous!

Oh my gosh ya'll. I was going to save this for a big unveil on my wedding pictures but I am so excited right now.

I was looking back over my engagement photos and I started to get really depressed. I've certainly packed on the pounds in the past year or so. I decided that enough was enough and I needed to do something about it.

My DF and I are already avid runners. We run a 5K every day and sign up for all the fun color runs and things like that. But nothing was helping me lose weight... at least not as fast as I wanted to lose it.

Once again I was bored, stuck on watch with nothing but the endless internet to keep me company, and I came across Nutrisystem.

I don't want to sound like a sales person or anything but I will tell you that the food is good (not gourmet but not disgusting either) and I am never hungry.

I am now done with my first week and I have already lost 8 pounds!

I am feeling so much better about myself already. I scheduled a boudoir photo shoot for the end of the month because I am confident I will be happier with my body by then. I just gotta stick with it... and with results like this why would I NOT stick with it? I'd have to be crazy!

The boudoir session is something that I am doing as my wedding present to my DF. I am so excited to see his reaction when he gets the photos!

Your save the dates and brochures are amazing! Some people seem to have a hard time believing that a Disney Wedding is anything more than a flight of fancy and they just don't take it seriously but what you've put together totally says 'this is seriously happening and it's gonna be awesome so get on board!'. The cake toppers are such a fun touch too, I didn't even notice what they were doing right away!

I love your brochures - they look wonderful and they'll be so helpful and easy to read for your guests!

Congrats on your weight loss - that's amazing! I'm trying to force myself to get down another 10 pounds, but whether or not that'll happen in the next few weeks is anyone's guess :goodvibes

Wow, this old woman finally was able to get on here and check out everything. I am getting excited for you both. I love everything. I hope I am doing this right. Please know that we love you and are so glad to have you a part of this family. It will all be so beautiful..please let us know of anything that we can help you with.:)

Hello today, hope all is well and plans are going along fine. Let me know if you should need any help or ideas or anything. We are looking forward to being a part of the wedding..

:hug: Glad to see you here mom. I will be posting more pics and progress when I get home from this long underway. Right now there is really not much to post.

I went and had my boudoir session and I ordered the photo album. I wanted to cry, I looked SO pretty! I've never seen myself as pretty or sexy or anything like that but my photographer and hair/makeup team were AMAZING! It is going to make a KILLER groom's gift... if I make it that long.

I already showed Chris the pictures... I really suck at keeping secrets from him. Not always a bad thing though I guess. Just sucks that we have been together two years now and I have never actually wrapped a present and given it to him on the actual holiday. I always get too excited and give it to him early.

We did a 9/11 Heroes Run 5k which was awesome.

In October we've got three more 5ks and our first 10k! One is a Chalkapalooza (which is just like Color Me Rad but a different company)

Another is an SPCA run. (maybe I can talk him into adopting another puppy :p )

Then a BOO-yah 5k

and a Wicked 10k

The last two, we get to dress up in Halloween costumes. For one we are dressing up as Star Trek characters and the other one he is going as Superman and I'm going as Captain America. I'm SUPER stoked.

Awesome, I got the pictures you sent in the email. They look cool. I'll have to try and get them printed. I'm excited for you..Yes, its hard to keep a good secret when your excited about giving your better half something. Maybe we keep the faith, we will get to open gifts at Christmas..and if not maybe an early Christmas at Thanksgiving. That would be really, really cool... Be strong, Be safe. Lots of Love..MOM

I just spent the last MONTH underway and am FINALLY home. It was like Christmas when I walked through the door! All the things I'd been waiting for from my internet shopping habit had arrived while I was gone. Of course I was happy to see Chris and Boomer too. :flower3:

I didn't take pictures of everything because along with it being Christmas opening packages, my voicemail had something very awesome on it too. MY DRESS HAS ARRIVED! I have a fitting on Wednesday so I'll be wearing all my accessories with it then and I'll post them all together.

Now don't be shocked when you see the pictures of me... ok DO be shocked. I've lost 20 pounds since I posted my last picture. I am the happiest with my body that I have EVER been. I still have about 15 pounds to go to my goal, but now I can say that I am NORMAL BABY! My BMI is no longer in the overweight category for my height. I am NORMAL. Maybe not mentally normal, but health-wise I am. It is such an amazing feeling to say that I am not overweight.

This weekend was a fun one for us. Saturday we had a BOO-Yah 5K and we dressed up like Star Trek characters.

94a80ca2b3ee8a0da0e0779abddfaa92.jpg

c95f45b45bb48783f7857e1bbf553033.jpg

Then we went to a Renaissance Faire... I didn't even both taking pictures there it was so sad. I guess I am a Ren Faire snob (I lived in England for ten years so I know what it's supposed to be.) This was just.... sad. The people were nice but there was NOTHING going on. And by that I mean the most exciting thing was someone cooking their lunch over a campfire. But we were able to bring Boomer so he made some new friends. At least the puppy had a good time.

Sunday we had another 5k. This one was a Chalkapalooza.

02773aa9fa590298038967d5cb93ae29.jpg

752ef01397c175d09b7510d4048f681c.jpg

15142ed1918bb169743522ab652a7dbf.jpg

My adorable husband-to-be was asked to hold my tutu while I used the little girl's port-a-potty... and then he refused to give it back. It looked better on him anyway. I was also excited because I remember waaaay back in April when we did our very first 5k and I saw men running around in tutus. I told him that I would get him to wear one and he said that it would never happen. It only took 6 months and he did it on his own! Of course I didn't tell him that I remembered that conversation until AFTER I had the photographic evidence.

One thing wedding related that we did get to finish up this weekend was addressing and sending out our invitations. I am sooo excited about these. I ordered them way back in July and they were supposed to arrive mid-September but we didn't get them until October 10. I was starting to get nervous. And I didn't let that nervousness get unnoticed by the lady who makes these.

But they came in and I am sooo happy with them! The only thing that kind of ticks me off about them is she glued the crown on backwards on some of the invitations. It was probably her way of getting back at me for emailing her every day reminding her she was almost a month late. I wouldn't have been so pushy if she had responded in a timely fashion but it would take her up to a week to respond so that was super annoying. Then I read through her reviews on Etsy to find it was a common problem so I didn't feel bad at all emailing her every day. It just isn't good business practice to be a bad communicator... But she makes a great product so I guess she can afford to be. Which is annoying. But at least that part is over with!

And she made a beautiful product... even if the crowns are sometimes backwards.

622c7420f477e1819f725c309f7b6143.jpg

bec32998be8dc6ba7ed796ff4c0f33c2.jpg

We had to fold our brochures to fit inside of them but that is ok. It cost us $2.68 to ship each one for a total of around $60, but totally worth it to have invitations that are so unique. We even had two left over so we have one to keep and another one to... I don't know what to do with it yet lol.

So next post I should be posting pictures of our toasting glasses and MY DRESS!!!

Your invitations are gorgeous!! SO pretty! Those runs you did sound like tons of fun :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear more about your dress!!

Oddly enough, I've been subscribed here for a bit, just never commented :lmao:

Your dog is ADORABLE. And I love his name, it makes me think of the dog in Independence Day. My dog recently passed away, so I'm currently all "OMG PUPPY" whenever I see a dog (which is often, since I work at a pet bakery).

I absolutely love your invitations (but just as a head's up, your address is visible on the back of the response card). I also really like your brochures! What program did you use to make them? I have Microsoft Publisher, so we may wind up doing something similar when it comes time for us to do that sort of thing.

Oh, and that pic of your DF with your tutu is fantastic. And the glitter everywhere from your pixie dust bottles would drive me crazy.

I can't wait to see how everything comes together :yay:

Oddly enough, I've been subscribed here for a bit, just never commented :lmao:

Your dog is ADORABLE. And I love his name, it makes me think of the dog in Independence Day. My dog recently passed away, so I'm currently all "OMG PUPPY" whenever I see a dog (which is often, since I work at a pet bakery).

I absolutely love your invitations (but just as a head's up, your address is visible on the back of the response card). I also really like your brochures! What program did you use to make them? I have Microsoft Publisher, so we may wind up doing something similar when it comes time for us to do that sort of thing.

Oh, and that pic of your DF with your tutu is fantastic. And the glitter everywhere from your pixie dust bottles would drive me crazy.

I can't wait to see how everything comes together :yay:

Oh my goodness, thank you so much! I've edited the picture. And for those of you lucky enough to have seen it, I really really like white chocolate macademia nut cookies so if you wanna send some I would not be upset.

We ordered our brochures from VistaPrint. It was super easy. They have the templates all set up all I had to do was put in our pictures and words. We only ordered 24 and I think it was like $30 or something around that.

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. It sucks so bad that those little guys make us love them and then they leave us so soon. :(

Funny you should say about the glitter. I love it! Every time I go to a store and they have something with glitter on it I rub some on my finger then put it on my face. My DF says it's because I'm a fairy and I just need to sparkle. He used to hate glitter too... but has grown accustomed to the fact that our house will always have the threat of a glitter bomb attack. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter