Shop the Block 2020 MILES ARE POSTING NOW

I am doing a separate offer that gets me 300 miles if I do the following by Dec16:

spend $300 at sobeys (did that)
Two fill ups at shell (done)
Spend $700 at partners on mc (which is why i am concerned timing wise)

I did buy a $200 sobeys gift card and included that in my $700 totals. I have always done that for these bmo offers and it works.

I got this one too. I don’t think the $700 has to be at partners - i couldn’t see the word partners for that so I think it’s just spending on the MasterCard.

Got some stocking stuffers for the dogs and food for the guinea pig at Global Pets and that makes 5 offers for me. That’s it for this promo as there are no other offers this time that I can easily do.

I am doing a separate offer that gets me 300 miles if I do the following by Dec16:

spend $300 at sobeys (did that)
Two fill ups at shell (done)
Spend $700 at partners on mc (which is why i am concerned timing wise)

I did buy a $200 sobeys gift card and included that in my $700 totals. I have always done that for these bmo offers and it works.
I have that offer too...only difference is my Sobeys portion is $200. Be aware that there are restrictions for the Sobeys part it has to be actual groceries and they have a list of items that aren't included, liquid dairy is one of them. Also, The way I read the above is that you included the Sobeys gift card in your $700 BMO part not your groceries....which would be correct as gift cards are also not included for the Sobeys part.

The $700 is not partners....it's just a $700 spend.

I've been trying to manage this one again the StB BMO offer....I think I've got it but :confused3

@dancin Disney style Yep Sobeys always has a bunch of restrictions. I did three shops there: $138, $110, $97 not including the gift card. I try to buy all of my dairy products at Superstore so I don't get screwed.

I was trying to essentially do the $700 for STB for this offer, just so that it would be done as well.. But since it's for any purchases, I will still have a couple days after Christmas to make sure I hit that mark in partner store purchases.

There is a nut jar at Metro that I want to try to get to count as the $20 gift set. It's 19.99. Do they round up the penny?

My global petfoods posted quickly, I'm done 3 and they all posted. I don't think I'll be doing any more :( I'm a little sad about it since I'd like the extra airmiles, but I also don't want to leave the house much, between covid and my normal "i hate stores around the holidays, why are there so many people?" attitude, it's just not worth it. Now to get through this week while facebook reminds me we were on a cruise 3 years ago (which reminds me we were supposed to be doing our first 2 week cruise last week and this one). At least I only have one more week of work before two weeks off!

Trying to get to 5 but wow, this one is not easy! I too don't want to be traipsing around or spending extra money. Children's Place has 3 times shorted part of my order so it's under the $ threshold, I give up on that one! Haven't been to the LCBO yet, that might be my #5 if there's a red under $20...

There is a nut jar at Metro that I want to try to get to count as the $20 gift set. It's 19.99. Do they round up the penny?
NO they do not, that's the PC programme that *might* do that when you have offers for X points on every X $ of a certain product. The coupon won't be triggered until you meet the conditions exactly so unless you're able to find a kind cashier/manager who will manually adjust the price without changing the category the jar rings up in you won't get the coupon to work. Sorry

I only have one offer left to do on both cards. One for sure will be the liquor store and the other might be as well lol. Or I will wait until after Christmas and do a $20 spend at Sobeys express to finish up.

Off topic, but did you know that you can redeem scene points for digital gift cards now? Stores like gap, American eagle, footlocker, etc

Log into your scene account and then go to the bottom and click redeem, then at the top scroll across to digital gift cards. I am not sure how many points you need for each location, but with movie theatres closed you can at least make use of the points.

This STB costs more money outlay and less bonus AM than previous ones. The 5X bonus offers from Sobeys and Foodland, no cash miles offers from Metro and high purchase threshold from Staples are disappointing especially when it’s hard to go out shopping during this pandemic! Optimum points sound much better and easier these days!

I only attempted one card this promo, knew there was NO way i could even come close to doing enough on the secondary one so why add anxiety?! Here's what I've done and how they've posted (or not as the case may be)
  1. BMO Mastercard threshold spend - well on the way to hit the $700 spend mark no problem, won't post till later but I know it will happen. Several gift cards needed to be bought for birthdays and I had 2 big threshold spends at Metro that are easy at this time of year (having a full sized deep freeze helps!)
  2. Shell, bought lottery cards, easy peasy! hasn't posted but we all know they don't until the promo has ended
  3. Samsung Pay, i set up a new account and then used it 3 times during the 2nd week, i have NO idea if it worked or not, and how I'll fight if it doesn't 🤷‍♀️
  4. Airmilesshop I did not 1, not 2, not 3, but FOUR transactions on Cyber Monday. 2 were over the $100 mark but the only one that posted was a small order thru Indigo and even that isn't right (split into separate amounts on my account when it posted, that makes no sense since it shipped as one?!) meaning I haven't trigger the coupon<sigh> I *might* still do another Amazon order but dang, those rarely work for me!
  5. Tonight i made a run to Metro to use a coupon there, couldn't find a basket or flower anything i liked until I spied these 2 cuties hiding in the floral department! I plunked them down at the top of the stairs so i could open the door to the living room/kitchen and I've decided they will live there, they make me smile whenever i see them. The 50 miles printed on the receipt so that is perfect (i'll add pictures from my phone soon-ish)
  6. Not happening
  7. Also a no-go I can't see anything i want to even spend anything on!
I agree that this has got to be the hardest promo to complete yet. I refuse to drive out of our city to simply chase miles, I want to obey the COVID-19 rules/suggestions to stay home except for essential trips. While we're not hurting financially i will NOT overspend or buy things i don't need strictly for miles.

If all of my offers work properly I will have earned:

1. 250 miles for Mastercard
  2. 5 miles for Shell lottery tickets
  3. 50 for setting up the Samsung Pay and 50 for using it
  4. 50 for the cuties from Metro
  5. 30 PLUS the extra miles from the actual transaction thru the online portal
  6. The "big" bonus of 800 for completing 5 coupons
  7. Total miles = 1235 not terrific but better than the rest of the year!!

Stand on your head to look at these guys!
They sat in the front seat on the way home
20201213_174734.jpg

Here's where they sit at the top of our ugly stairs (under a picture from Disney)
20201213_230844.jpg

Close up shot of them holding hands :P
20201213_230721.jpg

Last edited:
Fingers crossed....I should be going back to work tomorrow. So I need to do a grocery top up today as I need things to pack my lunches. I will go to Metro and hopefully find something floral for myself to use the StB coupon. If there is nothing that I'd like to have at home then I'll get something to take to work. Sad....I'm not doing any Christmas decorations at work this year. I've been off since Nov 13th which was the weekend that I was going to do the decorating. I see no point in doing it now.

@dancin Disney style Yep Sobeys always has a bunch of restrictions. I did three shops there: $138, $110, $97 not including the gift card. I try to buy all of my dairy products at Superstore so I don't get screwed.

I was trying to essentially do the $700 for STB for this offer, just so that it would be done as well.. But since it's for any purchases, I will still have a couple days after Christmas to make sure I hit that mark in partner store purchases.

Don't leave your purchases for the BMO offer to the very end. I just discovered my Nov 30 purchase (online) that would have finished a BMO targeted offer won't count as it didn't post to my M/C until Dec 3 and it posted with a Dec 3 transaction date (the day they shipped the order not the day I placed the order). Live and learn on my part. Just make sure to get the offer done sooner than later if you need the miles.

Note: this will still work for my StB coupon use just not my targeted offer.

Last edited:
Don't leave your purchases for the BMO offer to the very end. I just discovered my Nov 30 purchase (online) that would have finished my offer won't count as it didn't post to my M/C until Dec 3 and it posted with a Dec 3 transaction date (the day they shipped the order not the day I placed the order). Live and learn on my part. Just make sure to get the offer done sooner than later if you need the miles.
help a very tired duck out here ... which offer is messed up? Don't we have the entire promo to use our Mastercard? Or is it the online offer that is affected by the posting date/ transaction date?

Airmilesshop I did not 1, not 2, not 3, but FOUR transactions on Cyber Monday. 2 were over the $100 mark but the only one that posted was a small order thru Indigo and even that isn't right (split into separate amounts on my account when it posted, that makes no sense since it shipped as one?!) meaning I haven't trigger the coupon<sigh> I *might* still do another Amazon order but dang, those rarely work for me!
I feel your pain for the online shops. I too have done at least 5 shops but luckily 1 posted so I have my STB coupon checked off - the only one to post so far is a shop from Old Navy. I have shopped 3 times at Staples, twice at the Bay and once at Bed Bath and Beyond and none of them have posted and the Bay one should have bonus points as I shopped on Black Friday weekend.

help a very tired duck out here ... which offer is messed up? Don't we have the entire promo to use our Mastercard? Or is it the online offer that is affected by the posting date/ transaction date?
It was the targeted offer that got messed up. I needed to purchase $480 on my M/C Nov 24-30. The purchase I made on Nov 30 posted with a transaction date of Dec 3 to my M/C. I have proof I ordered it Nov 30 but you know online orders... The StB portion of my order worked perfectly. Yes we do have the entire promotion period to Dec 28th to do the BMO offer for StB. I was just trying to get fancy and double dip two offers. It never works.

edit: adjusted earlier post to make it more clear.

Bottom line don't leave online purchases to the end for the BMO StB coupon. They might not make the deadline.

I just checked my transactions and have the following:
Foodland: posted November 21
Shell: (not posted)
airmilesshops: posted November 30
Metro: Can anyone confirm what it posts as??? Still need to do
BMO: I've enough for the 250 pts when they finally post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter