Shop the Block 2020 MILES ARE POSTING NOW

I actually managed to do 7 which surprises even me!!!!

BMO, Shell, Metro, Sobeys, Global, AirMilesShops and Children's Place. And I didn't buy anything that I wasn't going to buy!

Since I have to spend a certain amount with BMO, I may as well stock up on dog food which I will just have to buy next month anyways.

So now all have posted except BMO, Shell and Airmilesshops (Indigo).

I am not too concerned regarding BMO and Shell but does anyone know when Airmilesshops purchases usually post? I haven't received any miles, base or otherwise for that, did my shop on December 5.

All of my airmilesshops have been posting soon after items are shipped/delivered, even Indigo which was before Black Friday.

I’m impressed with everyone who has managed to get 7 with their STB. So far I’ve only done 2, was aiming at 3 but now I think I will get 5 done before it’s all over. I have been crazy busy with work the last couple weeks, so ready to start my two week staycation tomorrow!

I have 3 done and was pretty happy with that but I may try for 2 more next week since I'll be off. Shell and Metro are close by and may be possible. I guess I could get a lot of lottery tickets? I don't need gas, we aren't driving that much at all. We'll see... I do plan on going to Metro Tuesday for groceries and then not going to another store until the new year if at all possible... if I can find a gift basket thing maybe that will work. I can't do the floral stuff because of the pets... It might be nice to have something under the tree for me lol. I have certainly spoiled kiddo so far.

I have three done too. I was aiming for 5, and we will see if that happens. I have a couple other ideas of what I could do, but for the rest of this week, I need to focus on the full-time and part-time jobs, finishing up my course work by Sunday night ( then I am done with course work until the 28 ) and wrapping the last of the kids xmas stuff since I have to ship their gifts to them now that we are not going to visit them over Christmas. Sigh...so much to do. Once this week is over, I will have more time to see if I can do 2 more shops - with the stores that are available in our little city.

I have done 5. And that's all she wrote.
  1. Foodland - posted November 21 48AM
  2. Shell - waiting on 5 AM
  3. Airmilesshops.ca - posted November 30 30 AM
  4. Metro - December 2 (maybe) - was supposed to be 50AM but 60 'bonus' AM posted, so did Metro today - 25 AM still just noted as "bonus airmiles" I did use the code, so I am good.
  5. BMO spent over the $700 necessary for 250 AM
I have to be honest. I'm finding this tiresome. I did use cash miles at Metro today, so I will get some AM back. I think that I am going to focus on PC points, or cashback on my VISA for the next while. :confused3

Last edited:
I've done 7 on my card and 5 on DD's card. I was intending to do 5 and 5 but made a mistake and used my card at the wrong time adding a 6th. I did make 2 purchases that really were not in the need category.....1. the wine that I gave to my SiL but she does lots for me so it was nice to give her a little something .....2. the floral arrangement from Metro but I LOVE it and it was my birthday gift to me.

Most of my purchases have posted to both accounts. I think I will probably have to go after them for the AMS purchase on DD's account. It hasn't posted yet and I made two qualifying purchases.....one partially posted the other not at all.

My card....BMO $700, Foodland, Sobeys, LCBO, AMS, Shell and Rona. DD's card....Global, Shell, Sobeys, Metro and AMS.

I am not too concerned regarding BMO and Shell but does anyone know when Airmilesshops purchases usually post? I haven't received any miles, base or otherwise for that, did my shop on December 5.

That seems very long. All of my air miles shops posted within a few days.

BMO will post but not until after the promotion.

Keep receipts and documents for your Airmileshops order. They are bad for posting correctly but AM will make it right if they don't post. You will likely have to wait until the big bonus posts to follow up however.

@Donald - my hero did you receive the regular 25am from Samsung pay yet? I have not and usually those show up for me a week or two after doing it.
no, which means I'll only have completed 4 offers. My AMS hasn't posted properly yet but I'm not surprised and I know how to follow up. This? I have no idea how to prove i did it?

no, which means I'll only have completed 4 offers. My AMS hasn't posted properly yet but I'm not surprised and I know how to follow up. This? I have no idea how to prove i did it?
I did this offer several years ago on one of the STB's. It never did appear however when i did not get the full bonus AM's I did a chat with AM's and told them about it. She gave me the AM's for this right then as well as the additional AM's I didn't get. I would think they should be able to fix it for everyone else as well. There really is no way to prove it. Fingers crossed.
I have never had a good experience with Samsung Pay even though I can see it on my phone. Have used it a few times and never got anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter