• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Singles Trip to WDW in 2009 Part 2

Tours you are interested in participating in (regular or Magical Gathering ones)

• MK - Good Morning Gathering (MG) - breakfast at Tony's

• AK - Safari Celebration Dinner (MG) - end of day safari and dinner reception

• EPCOT - International Dinner & Illuminations Dessert Reception (MG)

• Magical Fireworks Voyage (MG) - Seven Seas Lagoon

• EPCOT - Around the World - Segway

• All parks - Backstage Magic

• EPCOT - Dolphins In Depth

• MK - Keys To The Kingdom

• MK - Magic Behind Our Steam Trains

• MK - Mickey's Magical Milestones

• EPCOT - The Undiscovered Future World

• AK - Wild By Design

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi everyone. Spent a stormy day shopping for new clothes for the new job. My last job I got to where scrubs. I think I need to put a pounds lost goal in my signature. Trying on clothes was scary with the 3 way mirrors:scared1: I was able to find a few though. Thank goodness the job attire is pretty casual.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and hugs. I have been on the boards for a while now and have always been kind of skeptical of getting close with anyone but I really am stating to feel a lot more comfy with yall.:hug:

I know the feeling about being skeptical but, everyone has been so wonderful !!! Congrats on the clothes shopping. I am not going to do any until I get to WDW in Nov/Dec this year. Hopefully by then I'll be even smaller !!! lol

And Sha -- by all means you did the right thing !! I can't see why anyone would think any different !! I hope that everyone else transfers onto this thread now.

And ANTSS -- we all send our hugs and prayers for you and your family. I know there isn't alot most of us can do for you directly but I hope you know we will help you any way we can through this sad time. :hug:

And to everyone else ---- if you get a chance this weekend please email a friend or two from the first thread to make sure they get redirected. I would hate to lose someone in the shuffle. Everyone we have "collected" for next trip seems so awesome, I wouldn't want to leave anyone out !!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and hugs. I have been on the boards for a while now and have always been kind of skeptical of getting close with anyone but I really am stating to feel a lot more comfy with yall.:hug:

I know the feeling about being skeptical but, everyone has been so wonderful !!! Congrats on the clothes shopping. I am not going to do any until I get to WDW in Nov/Dec this year. Hopefully by then I'll be even smaller !!! lol

somehow I missed that post from Dizmom! Hugs

And Sha -- by all means you did the right thing !! I can't see why anyone would think any different !! I hope that everyone else transfers onto this thread now.

And ANTSS -- we all send our hugs and prayers for you and your family. I know there isn't alot most of us can do for you directly but I hope you know we will help you any way we can through this sad time. :hug:

And to everyone else ---- if you get a chance this weekend please email a friend or two from the first thread to make sure they get redirected. I would hate to lose someone in the shuffle. Everyone we have "collected" for next trip seems so awesome, I wouldn't want to leave anyone out !!!

Thanks Jen and Dizmom. Just wasnt sure...

think the ones I know know that it has been moved

Here is some info that I thought I would share with you even though some of you already know. Please feel free to forward the info (copy and paste into an email) and sign the petition. Maybe there wont be any influence, but maybe they could recreate it elsewhere on property. Can't hurt to try right? I really enjoyed taking my friends from school down to AC one night.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/orl-disney2808jun28,0,2367595.story

"For those of us that are sad to see this part of DTD bite the dust, You may try emailing Guest communications at..."

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com OR

"We ask that all correspondence for the Walt Disney World Resort be
directed to the following regular mailing address:

Executive Offices
Walt Disney World Resort
Post Office Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Please include a telephone number where you may be reached."

http://www.petitiononline.com/wdwaclub/petition.html (sign the petition!!!!)

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...eIslandFAQPage

Well it's official... it looks as though I'll actually be single on the single's trip :rotfl:

is this a good thing??? and its a year away... things could change right?? :goodvibes

thinks I will be making a trip at the end of Sept now too

Good morning. Its a HOT sticky day here. I have never been to AC but I am going to sigh the petition for all who love it so much. For the 2009 trip I know that will be a definite do for everyone, so I guess every signature helps.

Going to get my haircut and taking Jackson to a birthday part today. Its Indiana Jones themed and he sooooo obsessed with it. I think I might go get another Disney fix at the Disney Store. They have the cutest T's on sale for him.

Just got back from Jellystone Park and I see the redirection to this new thread for the 09 trip. I'm still in it. In fact I just cast my hanging chad in the recent poll (it's Florida, isn't it?)
bliss.gif

Hi Oly, glad you made it back!

Sha, I'm sorry to hear things aren't working out with you and the relationship department... it's always hard to let go of something that means so much to you. No matter what happens in a relationship, I know it alot to you. As for my latest adventure, I'm disappointed but it just wasn't meant to be. It would have been tough continuing with a long distance relationship anyhow. Now I don't have to feel bad about having one of my guy friends go to disney with me in september :goodvibes

Dizmom- how's the hair? :)

I'm pooped. Time to do some disney daydreaming :rolleyes:

Hey Rebecca. I like the new hair, its I guess what the call one of those modern bob type things. It is def. alot lighter, I have very thick wavy hair. Gotta love my straight iron. How is your day going?

Sha, I'm sorry to hear things aren't working out with you and the relationship department... it's always hard to let go of something that means so much to you. No matter what happens in a relationship, I know it alot to you. As for my latest adventure, I'm disappointed but it just wasn't meant to be. It would have been tough continuing with a long distance relationship anyhow. Now I don't have to feel bad about having one of my guy friends go to disney with me in september :goodvibes

Ummmmm :lmao: That isnt me that is having trouble :confused3 ... thought you had something going on

Sha- I'm sorry I misunderstood- I thought you had planned on going with someone, then when I read you were "now planning a solo-trip" I took it to mean there was trouble in paradise! Silly me...I'll pay closer attention next time :rotfl:

UPDATE: It seems my dad wants to go to Disney with me this year too! :)
I don't know if I can handle a week with him (it nearly killed me back in 1997,) but I'm going to enjoy it for all it's worth anyhow! ::yes::

Sha.... I'm so disappointed that PL is closing especially AC, that's my favorite club. I did signed the petition, I pray they reopen AC in another location.

Rebecca.... that's great that you Dad wants to join you, but I know what you mean. My dad lives with me to, I've never let him join me on vacations before, because it's my time to get away. But this December since we are celebrating his 80th BDay we're taking him to Disney. On the + side he will be rooming with my son, not me. :thumbsup2

I love going to Disney with my mom and dad. Although my dad and I are more the laid back take it all in kind. My mom does it commando style....ya know the kind that pulls the kids arms out of socket to get to Mickey and be first in line at Dumbo. I dread the day that they are unable to go with us. They say they will go even if I have to pull them around on gurneys. I wonder way I get my love for the place from........

I've made my ADRs for the December trip to celebrate dad's 80th BDay. I'm taking him to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue (9:30 seating) and I booked the character breakfast at AK...I can't wait until I see his reaction to both, I believe he will just LOVE it. :woohoo: :woohoo:

I never got to experience Disney with my mom before she passed, but I know she is with me every time I go. My dad refuses to fly, or ride in a car for that long, so it doesn't look good to be able able to show him my love for the magic of Disney either. That is ok though, I will just continue taking my Dd and nieces, and of course meeting my wonderful Disney loving friends at the World.

Sha- I'm sorry I misunderstood- I thought you had planned on going with someone, then when I read you were "now planning a solo-trip" I took it to mean there was trouble in paradise! Silly me...I'll pay closer attention next time :rotfl:

No problem! thought it was a bit humorous! Hope everyone is having a good day today!!! Am fighting some allergies (ongoing) because I am cleaning and stirred up some dust. Enlightening on a few things I have come across that had been forgotten about.

Gonna run get in the shower to get to church.. everyone have a great day today!

I never got to experience Disney with my mom before she passed, but I know she is with me every time I go. My dad refuses to fly, or ride in a car for that long, so it doesn't look good to be able able to show him my love for the magic of Disney either. That is ok though, I will just continue taking my Dd and nieces, and of course meeting my wonderful Disney loving friends at the World.

Jade, you not alone, my mom never experienced Disney before she passed. Also my husband never experienced Disney before he passed. We had plans go during the Summer of that year but unfortunately God was ready to bring him home.

Teresa, that's so sad. I was actually closer to my step-dad than I am my real-dad now. He passed a few years ago and would have loved to have experienced disney with him, but truthfully, it just wasn't his thing. After that experience, Timmy's experience, and your experience, I feel very lucky to get to spend this time with him :goodvibes While I may get annoyed and pissy along the week, I can always plan a shorter solo-trip for another time and of course, I always have our Oct 2009 trip to look forward to!:thumbsup

Yes Teresa, he's still planning on that trip too, but I won't have to be around him then :)

Jade, you not alone, my mom never experienced Disney before she passed. Also my husband never experienced Disney before he passed. We had plans go during the Summer of that year but unfortunately God was ready to bring him home.

I think God really has some bad timing sometimes.
:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter