Singles who are for the "Love of Disney" - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on becoming an RN Sha! Do you have all those cute scrubs with fishies and frogs on them?

Congrats Sha, - sounds like a Mary Tyler Moore moment tossing the hat in the air and the "you're going to make it after all" theme playing in the background (sorry not a Disney moment) but thought was applicable.

Did you do a special order on the Disney scrubs!!! or sorry are they already in your closet and you were just waiting for the RN moment to put them on.

Tracy, good luck on quitting! I quit about 6 months ago using Chantix. It's hard but worth it... or so I've been told ;) I still don't have any desire though and I've turned into one of those obnoxious ex-smokers who complains about others who smoke :lmao:

I am who I am...and make no excuses for it..it just is...:lmao: and to requote what I often quote...." I do not explain myself, my friends understand and the rest wouldnt believe me anyway" and I happen to love the Timmy I have met over the Verizon lines:hug:

:thumbsup2

It is official... I am a RN! Got my license in the mail today!!! Love it! Just pumped up the excitement all over again! (now I need to remember this number)

:thumbsup2 and :woohoo:

:) well i just got back, this vacation was a wash, sick 2 of the 3 nights on the cruise, then forgot darcys phone number at home, went to mnsshp only did 4 hours of it though, cant walk like i use to, i guess i'm to outta shape, but did get a free room upgrade at resort to a perferred site, that was cool, then with the big accident on 1-4 this am there was only one bus that had to pick everyone up and he said he got lost at exit 77. while on bus picking up other people, daughter called and said she and 4 year old grandson witnessed someone running a red light and mowing down some poor lady, she thinks the lady is dead, everyone is quite shaken up! i stopped at my daughters job on way home from airport to check on her, shes ok but still upset, gotta pick up grandson at school soon, daughter told school psychologist what happened and they were gonna keep eye on him, they also wanted to talk to her because of how shaken up she was when she brought him to school. everyone please pray for that lady, but i'm glad everyone else had a good time!

That is so awful, prayers are being said to all those involved, especially your daughter and grandson.

Or the hour prior to it as AR was on :rotfl2:

and yes DH was very good

:wave:

I am not sure if this is the same as what you mean Angy. I dont know any that work close to state lines to work in more than one state at same time. But I dont know why someone couldnt hold multi-state licensures. I know VA nurses do, because of transfers to other states, and they have just kept them up in all of them that they have worked in. And have known some snowbird type nurses too.

Actually what VA started a few years ago is that instead of having to pay for a seperate license in each bordering state you actually get multi state privledges with your VA license...Mine actually says multi state on it...It would be nice if all the states would do it. I know the license fee went up some but it was well worth it to get multi state privledges instead of having a seperate license for VA,NC, WVa etc

Tracy, good luck on quitting! I quit about 6 months ago using Chantix. It's hard but worth it... or so I've been told ;) I still don't have any desire though and I've turned into one of those obnoxious ex-smokers who complains about others who smoke :lmao:

All I can say is PLEASE read ALL possible info about Chantix before using it :scared1: :scared1:

I have one, just not on a desk. Got that idea from Brenda. Cant wait to get some Disney pieces to change for mood. I highly recommend it! great therapy for a couple minutes at work :)

That's what I plan to do to...in Oct I hope to obtain some Disney pieces....Mel take note to remind me that I need to do that...:thumbsup2 and yes we have 24 more days...:woohoo: :woohoo:

By the way...who is planning to wear a costume for MNSSHP? and what are you wearing? I'm still deciding if I'm going to wear a costume. :confused3

That's what I plan to do to...in Oct I hope to obtain some Disney pieces....Mel take note to remind me that I need to do that...:thumbsup2 and yes we have 24 more days...:woohoo: :woohoo:

By the way...who is planning to wear a costume for MNSSHP? and what are you wearing? I'm still deciding if I'm going to wear a costume. :confused3

Im not planning to... may get face painted LOL

What night are you planning the MNSSHP? I have been twice, once in costume, once without. But we were in matching outfits, so maybe that sort of counts.

Sha, congrats on the official notice.

Okay, so I am back from Andrea's and we had a great chat so I decided to catch up a bit and report back.

I didn't end up going to MNSSHP with DisneyDeb, she didn't have my number and I couldn't remember where I left her number since it wasn't on my phone. But also I was VERY tired after a day of shopping at DTD and my wonderful lunch at Fultons (plus my morning run). I ended up going back to my hotel, going for a swim and then relaxing by the pool, then eventually packing and going to bed. I had to catch ME at 4:10 in the morning so I needed to be up very early. It was a fun solo day though.

As for the trip, Tom and I really did have lots of fun. And when we met up with the girls we had quite a bit more fun as well. It was awesome to have a roomie that liked getting up early in the morning and hitting the rides with little to no wait. Of course, very nearly all our rides were with little to no wait and/or fastpass so trip mojo was in full swing. Got to enjoy the pool at our resort and at BWV with Tracy and Robin, JRs was a blast. I will post the mini drink tower pic later when I download photos. By the way, just a warning, if you are on a water ride with me you might want to take a seat as far away from me as possible as I am prone to getting soaked. This happened on Kali. I was drenched from head to toe. But hey it was a hot day and it was fun. Skipping, pretending to be hang gliding while entering soarin, singing the songs that were playing at the rides, etc., these were all done and what makes it so fun to be at Disney, no one looks at you strange cause you know they all want to be doing that too.

My only regrets:

Didn't get to hook up with DisneyDeb or OlyWaGuy as I didn't go to MNSSHP or AC. Didn't eat Beignets once even though I stayed at French Quarter, but hey, I am kinda in training for the Princess Half Marathon in March so I gotta keep working on healthy eating. Have yet to see Fantasmic at WDW (I have seen it dozens of times at DLR and still want to compare, maybe I will catch it in December).

The best parts of this trip:

Eating at Brown Derby and Bistro. Very good food and loved the atmosphere. Seeing Festival of the Lion King - very good show. Tasting the different foods from different countries (loved the lamb chop from Australia and the "wine" from Poland?). Going on EE 4 times in 35 minutes on Wednesday morning - a few words. . .that didn't su#k. . . Enjoying the hotel pool - strange I know but I haven't done that yet. Having a roomie that is also an early riser. Getting to rope drop is awesome, I think Epcot has the best rope drop ever.

Okay, there were many more "moments" that were awesome that I could share, but this is what is crossing my mind at the moment.

383311361_vpaQA-M.jpg

Hope this works!

Okay from left to right, My aunt, My Mom (twins) and Me.

I'll admit to having wicked dreams in the beginning but they ended after a couple of weeks. :confused3

that is the most minor thing I have heard.

Yes T, much easier to pack! LOL you do it, I will do it!

Thanks Aug

...but I had to share this as it is so cute. I was going thru Maries's schoolwork and came upon a paper she had to write...I will copy it here....

Great Vacations
"Favorite vacations are a blast. Themain thing me and my aunt and cousin did this summer was go and have fun at Busch Gardens. A ride we went on is one that felt so real I did not" like it at all. I had a lot of good things to eat. I even had a churro and it was really good.
Another vacation we went on was a trip to Disney World. The first ride we went on was Splash Mountain which I liked. We also went on Mount Everest. I didnt like it at all! I also liked the hotel we stayed at. It was behind Lady from Lady and the Tramp.
Vacations are the timesaver."

I thought this was so cute. The first time I made her ride EE her first report back to school said I will never ever ever ever(about 20 evers) ride it again.....:lmao:

...but I had to share this as it is so cute. I was going thru Maries's schoolwork and came upon a paper she had to write...I will copy it here....

Great Vacations
"Favorite vacations are a blast. Themain thing me and my aunt and cousin did this summer was go and have fun at Busch Gardens. A ride we went on is one that felt so real I did not" like it at all. I had a lot of good things to eat. I even had a churro and it was really good.
Another vacation we went on was a trip to Disney World. The first ride we went on was Splash Mountain which I liked. We also went on Mount Everest. I didnt like it at all! I also liked the hotel we stayed at. It was behind Lady from Lady and the Tramp.
Vacations are the timesaver."

I thought this was so cute. The first time I made her ride EE her first report back to school said I will never ever ever ever(about 20 evers) ride it again.....:lmao:

To cute - out of the mouth of babes :)

Darcy, glad you all had a great time..:thumbsup2

Mel, the pic is great and you do look good...:thumbsup2

Angy, that was so too Disney related...why did you think it wouldn't be..:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter