Sketch Swap Information Thread

AlexWyattMommy

<font color=deeppink>Okay, here I am, out of high

This is just the information thread. When I do the sign up thread, I will have three separate postings. Rules, sketches and groups. Please wait until all sections are posted before signing up. I will have the title say OPEN when ready.

This is the swap where I give you sketches and ideas you make them come true. It takes less time than other swaps because the hard part, figuring out where everything goes, is already done for you.

This time things are a little different. I am giving you more liberty with the sketches. I have tried to highlight the rules that are different to help the ones who have done these before. I am also letting you choice your sketches and there can be repeats of it in the same group.

I also picked sketches from two different blog/websites that give us permission to use them. One blog has the sketches where they are printable with the measurements along with examples. The other blog has lots of examples. This will help you see where and how you can customize the sketch.

I will open more groups as needed and all groups with two or more will stay open.

Here are the Rules:

-You are allowed to rotate the sketch/map in any direction you want.
-Some of the sketches may seem very simple. I am giving you the liberty to embellish extra or add extra layers. It should resemble the sketch in number, size and placement of photos along with the journaling being in the same general area. Most sketches have examples of them being used on blogs/websites.
-Please use a layer of cardstock as your base. You may completely cover it with thinner paper. It is very difficult to sort them when they bend and sometimes the embellishments get caught.
-Please use quality paper on your layouts. I will not limit you to “name” brands, but please use good judgment. If the patterned paper doesn't have a name printed on it, don't use it.
-You are not required to double mat your elements or have to embellish the elements one/two way. Use your judgment on what looks best.
-You must add a mat layer to the photo placements if there is not one already on the sketch. This is different than other swaps I have done for sketches. The mat should be 1/8” larger than the photo size specified.
-You may use any kind of embellishment you like on these sketches where they are indicated or in place of a “layer” of paper. Ribbon and fiber are good substitutions for paper layers. Bulky and dimensional embellishments are encouraged.
-You may use different embellishments on each of your layouts. Please ensure they are of the same quality.
-Please use generic non gender specific titles if the title is not specified – Smile, Happy, Giggle, Sunny Day, Splash, PlayTime, etc.
Momma’s Boy, Good Girl, Little Princess/Prince, 4th of July, Mother’s Day are too specific. Shorter words work best. :)
websites with title ideas: http://www.scrapbook.com/titles.php http://www.allcrafts.net/fjs.htm?url=www.idreamofscrapping.com/Titles_Main_Frame.htm
-You will not have to tell me your title selection. It will be okay if we have some with the same title. The chances of the same title using the same paper and embellishments is pretty slim. If sign up for a particular title, please do use that one.
-If the sketch has a date/event/place or anything more than a title, leave that area blank. These can be added by the members after they receive the pages.
-Please do not sign up for more than you can handle. But these should be easier than other page swaps as the placement is already decided for you.
-New to me swappers are limited to TWO groups.
-Please sign the back of your layout.
-Place each group in their own 2-gallon baggie and label the baggie with your real name, DISname and group information.
-Please send postage for a medium or large flat rate box. Do NOT use the Click-it postage from USPS. I cannot use it. It has to be used the day it was printed. Stamps, check or cash are acceptable.
-If you don't mind the delay in return shipping, you may use non-priority to save some $$. Please use packaging I can reuse and send 3-4 extra stamps from what it cost you to mail it to me. Just in case some pages are heavier than others.
-Please include your address in the box. Address label, index card, priority label.
HAVE FUN WITH IT!

Sketches
These are from http://www.sketchsupport.com/ Please use the blog to find the measurements for the layers and examples for most of the sketches being used. Permission is granted from the website if we do this in that manner. Sketch numbers are her numbers, letters are mine.
Two Pages
two-page%2528JULY%2529.jpg
Sketch #17SA
two-page%2528MAY%2529NSD.jpg
Sketch #15SA
4two-pageJANcopy-1.jpg
Sketch #7SA
sketch-1.jpg
Sketch #6SA
11-10SW-1.jpg
Sketch #4SA

Single Page Sketches
one-pageMAY.jpg
Sketch #9SB
one-pageaprilcopy.jpg
Sketch #5SB

one-pagemarch.jpg
Sketch #4SB
CTcall1PAGE-2.jpg
Sketch #1SB

The following are from sketchsavvy.blogspot.com. These sketches also have examples of their use on the website. Sketch numbers are hers, letters are mine. I love this blog, she does Disney photos in completely non-Disney colors.

Two Pages
2pg-Sketch-%252312-SketchSavvy.jpg
Sketch #12SC

2pg-Sketch-%2310-SketchSavvy.jpg
Sketch #10SC

2pg-Sketch-%239-SketchSavvy.jpg
Sketch #9SC
2-page-sketch-%236-sketchsavv.jpg
Sketch #6SC

One Page Sketches
%252359-12x12-SketchSavvy.jpg
Sketch #59SD
%252358-12x12-SketchSavvy.jpg
Sketch #58SD
%252356-12x12-SketchSavvy.jpg
Sketch #56SD
%252354-12x12-SketchSavvy.jpg
Sketch #54SD
%252350-12x12-SketchSavvy.jpg
Sketch #50SD
%2347-12x12-SketchSavvy.jpg
Sketch #47SD strips are 1x2 inches with 1/2" spacing from top and side, 1/4" between strips
%2346-12x12-SketchSavvy.jpg
Sketch #46 SD

Signing up for the groups – pick your group, pick a sketch, title or subject if applicable and tell me. ie – Group 1, Sketch #6SA, Fab 5 all

2 Page Groups
Group 1 – Fab Five – all or pick a character

Group 2 – Princesses – general or pick a character

Group 3 – Parks – your title does not need to be the park name but it should be obvious that is for that park
1. Magic Kingdom
2. Epcot
3. DHS
4. Animal Kingdom

Group 4 – Disney Colors – black, red, yellow, white –any or all

Group 5 – Everyday
1. Smile
2. Dream
3. Believe
4. Happy

Group 6 – Birthday

Group 7 – Colors
1. Blue
2. Green
3. Brown
4. Beige or Tan

Group 8 – Colors
1. Pink
2. Purple
3. Red
4. Orange or Yellow

Group 10 – Seasons
1. Spring
2. Summer
3. Fall
4. Winter

Group 11 - Holidays
1. Easter
2. Christmas
3. Halloween
4. Thanksgiving

Group 12 - Girls

Group 13 - Boys

Group 14 - School [general not grade specific]

Group 15 - Cats

Group 16 - Dogs

Group 17 - Sunny Days
1. Zoo
2. Beach
3. Pool
3. Park/Playground

Single Page Groups
Group A – Fab Five – all or pick a character

Group B – Princesses – general or pick a character

Group C – Parks – your title does not need to be the park name but it should be obvious that is for that park
1. Magic Kingdom
2. Epcot
3. DHS
4. Animal Kingdom

Group D – Disney Colors – black, red, yellow, white –any or all

Group E – Everyday
1. Smile
2. Dream
3. Believe
4. Happy

Group F – Birthday

Group G – Colors
1. Blue
2. Green
3. Brown
4. Beige or Tan

Group H – Colors
1. Pink
2. Purple
3. Red
4. Orange or Yellow

Group I – Seasons
1. Spring
2. Summer
3. Fall
4. Winter

Group J - Holidays
1. Easter
2. Christmas
3. Halloween
4. Thanksgiving

Group K - Girls

Group L - Boys

Group M - School [not grade specific]

Group N - Cats

Group O - Dogs

Group P -.Sunny Days
1. Zoo
2. Beach
3. Pool
3. Park/Playground

Sketch #47SD -Everyday - I love this sketch, but it has lots of work with those little pieces.

Sketch #47SD -Disney Colors- I love this sketch, but it has lots of work with those little pieces.

ETA: I have no affiliation with any of the websites I listed. I apologize if any of them have links to places with items for sale. I did not click on the available links on those websites.

I am heading out to IKEA now, but will be back after lunch to answer questions.

Yes - if you have sketches you would like and we have permission to use them - I am always happy to add more.

Yes - I can add different groups if you have suggestions.

Wow! Love the sketches, so now I am attempted to join. (Sorry so many questions)

Questions- On the sketches can we change the embellishment shape up (use a circle instead of a heart)?

Do we specify the sketch we want to do when we sign up so there are different sketches in each group?

Can we turn a one page sketch into a two page sketch when we sign up? (For exxample I love #4SB, but generally do two page layouts)

When do sign ups open?

Why won't they build an IKEA close to me? :rolleyes1

Group ideas- Maybe a Holiday category (Easter, Christmas, Halloween, and Fourth of July or Thanksgiving??) Maybe a girl group? A boy group?

I'll be an angel.... (call on me anytime... like at the end when you need fill ins... that I would consider being an angel to take a spot ~ DH said that was okay! LOL)....

Although I am printing these LOs to add to my growing sketches... I need some more 2 page ones....

I also need to book the blogs...

Wow Ann!!!!! I love these sketches! I picked out 47SD when going through as a sketch I would want to do...so happy you made a group just for that! How will that group work...subject-wise? These are so great!

I have a quick question. After looking at the sketches again I see that several of them have "stitching" on them...I couldn't sew my way out of a paper bag :rotfl2: so may I draw on the stitches with a marker or use ribbon instead; or buttons or bling? Or maybe I "need" to purchase the new stitching thing for scrapbooking?

I have a quick question. After looking at the sketches again I see that several of them have "stitching" on them...I couldn't sew my way out of a paper bag :rotfl2: so may I draw on the stitches with a marker or use ribbon instead?

I'd be stuck in the bag with you!!! :)
I went to the first sketch blog you noted and printed them out for my own books.. (Annie, you were holding out on me, you should have shared this blog a while ago!!!)

I have a quick question. After looking at the sketches again I see that several of them have "stitching" on them...I couldn't sew my way out of a paper bag :rotfl2: so may I draw on the stitches with a marker or use ribbon instead; or buttons or bling? Or maybe I "need" to purchase the new stitching thing for scrapbooking?

Not to be an enabler, but these boards are full of them so....... have you tried the We R Memory Keepers - Sew Easy. It is awesome and has exchangable heads for different stitches! Just saying :rotfl:

Urgh, I loved this swap last year...I haven't used ONE layout though...If I can get my behind in gear and use some, I may have to join.

Cheryl, last time we did some pen stitching. I think you need to learn how to use a sewing machine :) There's always those templates that I think Bazzill makes though!

Not to be an enabler, but these boards are full of them so....... have you tried the We R Memory Keepers - Sew Easy. It is awesome and has exchangable heads for different stitches! Just saying :rotfl:

I've actually been looking for an excuse to buy that ;)

Wow! Love the sketches, so now I am attempted to join. (Sorry so many questions)

Questions- On the sketches can we change the embellishment shape up (use a circle instead of a heart)?
Yes the sketch is showing you where and proportions, shapes and what are up to you.

Do we specify the sketch we want to do when we sign up so there are different sketches in each group?
Yes though you can change your mind afterwards.

Can we turn a one page sketch into a two page sketch when we sign up? (For exxample I love #4SB, but generally do two page layouts)
Yes as long as it flows nicely, go for it.

When do sign ups open? 24th

Why won't they build an IKEA close to me? :rolleyes1
I don't know. Lol

Group ideas- Maybe a Holiday category (Easter, Christmas, Halloween, and Fourth of July or Thanksgiving??) Maybe a girl group? A boy group?

I like the groups, will add when home. On droid right now. Answers above.

I used rub on stitching on a layout and I have used those embossing pens. I did buy the bazzill stuff but have not really used it.

We use stitching or rick rack ribbon or even gemstone there. Skies are the limit. If it looks good, go for it.

I just found those blogs this week. Aren't they great. When I first did these, the pickins were slim. I used the layout a few months ago at a crop and got thirty pages done in five hours. It was great.

This is a good swap for newbies too.

Will up date with groups and change color on quoted answers when I get home.

What sort of titles are you looking for in the color groups? I know they can't be too specific. Like for instance...if you choose pink, is "Flowers" or something related to flowers ok? Or is that too specific?

I'm not sure. It seems a little too specific for a general or color group. Flowers would work for Spring though. So I guess it depends upon what group you are doing the color pink for that will determine if the title will work.

I will try to work on a list of general and short titles this week.

ETA -It was easier to give you links to two websites that list some great titles by themes. All I ask is that you try to pick titles that could be used for a variety of subjects if you are doing a general layout. "It's a girl thing" works great for the all girl groups but might not be wanted in the color group. "Giggle" "Best Friends" "Great Day" are ones that could work for the color groups.

I'm not sure. It seems a little too specific for a general or color group. Flowers would work for Spring though. So I guess it depends upon what group you are doing the color pink for that will determine if the title will work.

I will try to work on a list of general and short titles this week.

OK...thanks! A list of titles would be great! I am having trouble thinking of titles that coordinate with a precific color. I am probably looking too far into it and it is a simple thing. So, suggestions would help a lot! Thanks for the help!

Oh...also wanted to ask...what time will sign-ups open? I will be out most of that day, but around early am and then later in the evening.

The titles were difficult for me too. It is hard to think of something generic enough that everyone could use and still be clever or cute.

I will be opening them up at 8am. I will be posting the thread sooner, but not opening it until after I get everything set up with my different posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter