Sketch Swap Information Thread

How is SnickerDoodle? CowGirl still doesn't have any big girl tuffs. We think she may actually be a short hair instead of long hair.

Hmmm, that's interesting. Maybe she'll get her tuffs a little late--she'll be a late bloomer hammy teenager.:) Jessa and I were looking at Snick this morning and Jessa was calling them "tusks" and I had to explain to her...so cute. :laughing: Snickerdoodle has really become quite daring in the last week. The minute her lid comes off she goes to a high spot and stands up. She is up there level with the top of the bin so we are all freaking out thinking she's gonna escape. We had to remove the clear dome on her Cinderella castle because it made her really tall when she stood on that--she actually jumps up too and then falls into the fluff!!! I am scared she'll hurt herself. With the clear dome off she can't get up quite as high but we sure do have the lid handy and we are all pretty tense and on high alert to hurry and throw the lid back on. We might need to get rid of the Cinderella castle all together...it's the tallest item. Even the purple igloo makes me nervous though. She has been touching the top of the lid with her front paws a couple of times. she climbed on a tissue box and then onto THE TOP OF HER WHEEL and it moved then tossed her off into the fluff. So no more tissue boxes for that little stunt girl! :scared1:I had bad dreams the other night that she jumped out!! She appears happy otherwise and so we're just going to start a little extra ball time. My girl wants to run wild! Do yours do that? Any ideas why? I should go post on hamstercentral too with a picture of her bin cage and get feedback there. DD is having a sleepover tonight, so I'll try to get a few pictures of the bin cage tonight when snickerdoodle is awake and see if I can post over there tonight.

Sorry to everyone else...you have to listen to my hamster woes which don't have anything to do with the topic here!

Donut will climb on to his tissue box and then climb across the top of the lid until he can't hold on anymore and will drop into the fluff. I've added an extra inch for cushion in the middle section.

Yes - they do get run around time. We used to use the hallway with the doors shut, but right now it is a disaster with all the items from the boys' rooms. Eldest has his flooring done but we are just starting to move Little Bit's stuff. Now the hamsters take turns free roaming in Eldest's room. All his furniture currently has no way to get under it except the bed and desk. It is pretty hamster safe. They hug the walls and cruise around and around the perimeter. LOL If you put them in the middle, they quickly go to a wall.

We also still let them play in the bathtub. So one is the ball, one in the room and one in the tub. Sometimes I switch it up with cardboard boxes and pvc pipe playground.

They are now getting about 2 hours of outside the bin time each night. This will change when school starts. It will probably drop to one to one and half hours. They are all also waking up on their own around 7 now. That I thank you for. It is great getting everything done earlier.

Is her bin on the floor when you are taking her out of it? If not, that is where I would put it. If she jumps out, she won't be going that far. If she is doing something dangerous that you don't want her to do, blow gently on her face. They really don't like that and will stop and turn statue right away. Then you can pick her up and put her back down to the fluff or in her ball. Does she still go in it on her own? Mine will run to it when it is in their bin to get inside and go.

Donut will climb on to his tissue box and then climb across the top of the lid until he can't hold on anymore and will drop into the fluff. I've added an extra inch for cushion in the middle section.

Yes - they do get run around time. We used to use the hallway with the doors shut, but right now it is a disaster with all the items from the boys' rooms. Eldest has his flooring done but we are just starting to move Little Bit's stuff. Now the hamsters take turns free roaming in Eldest's room. All his furniture currently has no way to get under it except the bed and desk. It is pretty hamster safe. They hug the walls and cruise around and around the perimeter. LOL If you put them in the middle, they quickly go to a wall.

We also still let them play in the bathtub. So one is the ball, one in the room and one in the tub. Sometimes I switch it up with cardboard boxes and pvc pipe playground.

They are now getting about 2 hours of outside the bin time each night. This will change when school starts. It will probably drop to one to one and half hours. They are all also waking up on their own around 7 now. That I thank you for. It is great getting everything done earlier.

Is her bin on the floor when you are taking her out of it? If not, that is where I would put it. If she jumps out, she won't be going that far. If she is doing something dangerous that you don't want her to do, blow gently on her face. They really don't like that and will stop and turn statue right away. Then you can pick her up and put her back down to the fluff or in her ball. Does she still go in it on her own? Mine will run to it when it is in their bin to get inside and go.

Yes, the bin is on the floor in guest bedroom with a babygated doorway to keep Bentley out. She does go in the ball easily on her own. she isn't getting anywhere near 2 hrs. a night of free play time:guilty:. Whoa that's a lot! You are the ultimate hammy mom of the year!!!:worship:All of our furniture has legs and is off the floor. I'd be too scared to let her out free to run in a bedroom. :scared1:How do you catch those fast little guys??? We'll do the beach towel in the bathtub with her hammy toys tonight for free play session while DD has her BFF over for a sleepover party--the girls will get a kick out of that. Thanks for the tip about blowing on her face! Funny about Donut--just like the monkey bars on the playground huh?

They even call that "monkey barring". LOL

So far Eldest has just scooped them up when he is done with them and put them back in their ball. Donut will go into the ball if you put it in his path. Silly boy doesn't know to go around it yet. :lmao:

If you can reach under the furniture, up is fine. Eldest's old furniture had those cut outs in the middle that the hammy could fit through but our hands could not. I would not let them free roam then.

Little Bit has been playing with CowGirl on his bed when he "can't sleep". LOL that will stop when school starts.

As much as I'm going to regret it (and will be kicking myself in the tushie here), I am going to sit this one out. I look forward to seeing the slide show and everyone's awesome work, though!

come on Jennifer...at least join the girl group with me...pretty please :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter