slo’s NYE 12/31 poll - Staying Up Until Midnight

Are you staying up until midnight & are you having a toast? (M.C.)

• I’m staying up until midnight

Votes: 50 44.6%
  • I’m not sure yet if I’m staying up until midnight

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • I will not be staying up until midnight

Votes: 36 32.1%
  • I will be having a toast with someone

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • I will not be having a toast with someone

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • I will be toasting with champagne

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • I will be toasting with something else

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • I don’t celebrate NYE

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I will be working at midnight

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
I put don't celebrate and not staying up til midnight. That is with a caveat though, depends on how late the Georgia game goes. Starts at 8 so should be over by midnight.

Reactions: slo
Well….our NYE dinner ended up being lame. Drove all the way to the restaurant we wanted to eat at to find it closed. :headache:

Drove to the next restaurant selection to find it closed :headache:

Ended up at fast food place and I ordered a beef sandwich with cheese and peppers to go home and find very little cheese and the pepper concoction had carrots and celery with it - not good :headache::sad2:

Needless to say our last meal of 2022 was a fail. Just thought I would vent - LOL!

Our son went to a friend's house, and will be there until midnight, and we will pick him up.....so we'll be up. Might nap first though.

And thank you so much for these polls. I love them, and look forward to them every morning. I get my coffee, get on the computer, and check out the poll of the day! They are very appreciated, and bring a smile.

• Love
We might watch CNN at 9 pm PST and watch the NYC celebration. Retired life is great, for the second year in a row New Year's day is not a normal work day. Always was for 42 years except if New Year's Day fell on a Saturday or Sunday.

Well….our NYE dinner ended up being lame. Drove all the way to the restaurant we wanted to eat at to find it closed. :headache:

Drove to the next restaurant selection to find it closed :headache:

Ended up at fast food place and I ordered a beef sandwich with cheese and peppers to go home and find very little cheese and the pepper concoction had carrots and celery with it - not good :headache::sad2:

Needless to say our last meal of 2022 was a fail. Just thought I would vent - LOL!
I do not think we will be up until midnight. Maybe watch NY at 11.

What a bummer, Sandy! Was the beef joint Portillo's? Sounds like you got giardiniera instead of sweet.

Do hope you are enjoying Katie's extended stay at home while on her Christmas break. I know you are!

A Happy and Heathy New Year to you and your family, Sandy, and to all here on the dis.

• Love
Well it's currently 8:32 PM EST here and frankly I am surprised I'm still awake!
Probably headed to bed in next 20 minutes, Happy New Year everyone!

I HAVE to stay up past midnight whether I want to or not. (Although, I'm usually up anyway.)

I live in the Times Square area. I can hear the countdown and the roar of the crowd (from 43rd St to 59th St along Broadway) from my apartment. Also, as people are going home, they are tooting party horns to about 1am.

I just posted pics of the view from my window, of how I can see most of the ball, through a sliver between buildings. (I have a great camera. I was able to zoom in. I look closer than I actually am. :laughing: )

I posted the photos here in this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...-in-times-square.3904739/page-3#post-64509849

I'm hoping to get some photos of the fireworks at midnight.

Last edited:
I'm always up past midnight, so it's not much different from any other Saturday night. Except for the >pop< of fireworks going off here and there 🎆

When my DH was alive, we used to go over to visit friends. We'd bring snacks, they'd order Chinese. Watch the ball drop, watch the husbands drift, and head home with leftovers.

But that was 2+ years ago, and I live in a different state now. And I didn't even get a holiday card from them this year... :sad2:

I'll be heading to bed about 15 minutes or so, 8:45. I will read until I fall asleep, which of course will probably well before 10pm.

Last post of the year from me....

DH and I are staying up (1136pm...looking 100% for midnight )...so at 1 glass with some chocolate and maybe some stollen that we bought from ALDI tonight.

We are not always in the same room for NYE (depended on job hours in the past in which we text or phone call to ring it in together).

22 minutes to go here in NOLA. Watching Don Lemon eat crawfish on TV, and about to head upstairs to open the window and get ready for fireworks. Happy New Year everyone!!

Well, I wanted to be asleep, but I ended up just laying in bed. Fireworks started at 9......loud!! Sounded like they were in our backyard.
They didn't stop until about 1

Well, I wanted to be asleep, but I ended up just laying in bed. Fireworks started at 9......loud!! Sounded like they were in our backyard.
They didn't stop until about 1
The ones in our neighborhood didn’t stop until 4:00am! I think I got maybe 3-4 hours sleep. Fortunately I will be on my own today, because I see a nap in my future . . .

The longest uninterrupted sleep I got was from 10:00 to 12:00, and then it was chaos. I used to have to be at work at 6:00am on Sunday. Today I was almost glad to be out of work.

My last meal was ice cream with banana, chocolate chips and peanut butter.
A splurge for me.
Tomorrow back to eating better
I had a big ol’ bowl of ice cream too last night.
Every December, every year, I let myself eat whatever I want and then on January 2nd all sweets and garbage food from the holidays goes into the trash (it feels so good to toss it all). Starting on the 2nd, as I toss out the yuck, I welcome back my calorie counting and good eating habits - I always feel a lot better.
Our son went to a friend's house, and will be there until midnight, and we will pick him up.....so we'll be up. Might nap first though.

And thank you so much for these polls. I love them, and look forward to them every morning. I get my coffee, get on the computer, and check out the poll of the day! They are very appreciated, and bring a smile.
Thank you for the thank you :goodvibes and thank you for participating. If it wasn’t for all of you enjoying them, I wouldn’t do them. I look forward to see you in 2023:-)
I do not think we will be up until midnight. Maybe watch NY at 11.

What a bummer, Sandy! Was the beef joint Portillo's? Sounds like you got giardiniera instead of sweet.

Do hope you are enjoying Katie's extended stay at home while on her Christmas break. I know you are!

A Happy and Heathy New Year to you and your family, Sandy, and to all here on the dis.
Same to you Dan :goodvibes

Kevin said the same thing about it being giardiniera - I never had it before.
We went to a family owned place, even though we have new Portillo’s that just opened in the next town. We drove past it and the place was jammed packed. There‘s two family owned places that have good beef sandwiches and we’ll always go there - I feel bad for them with Portillo’s opening. I know what it’s like since I had my frame shop and then had JoAnn’s and Michael’s open up - sucked away a lot of my business real fast.

We have been loving Katie being home - our house has such a different vibe when she’s here. Her personality is so energetic, fun and magnetic and when she leaves to go back to school the house goes from :banana: to 😐 - LOL!

Have a great 2023 Dan 🎊🍾🥂

I HAVE to stay up past midnight whether I want to or not. (Although, I'm usually up anyway.)

I live in the Times Square area. I can hear the countdown and the roar of the crowd (from 43rd St to 69th St along Broadway) from my apartment. Also, as people are going home, they are tooting party horns to about 1am.

I just posted pics of the view from my window, of how I can see most of the ball, through a sliver between buildings. (I have a great camera. I was able to zoom in. I look closer than I actually am. :laughing: )

I posted the photos here in this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...-in-times-square.3904739/page-3#post-64509849

I'm hoping to get some photos of the fireworks at midnight.
How cool that you can see the NY ball drop.
Thanks for sharing the photos :goodvibes
I'm always up past midnight, so it's not much different from any other Saturday night. Except for the >pop< of fireworks going off here and there 🎆

When my DH was alive, we used to go over to visit friends. We'd bring snacks, they'd order Chinese. Watch the ball drop, watch the husbands drift, and head home with leftovers.

But that was 2+ years ago, and I live in a different state now. And I didn't even get a holiday card from them this year... :sad2:
I’m sorry to hear about your friend not sending you a card. If it makes you feel any better about the card, I get very little now too. People are doing them less and less every year. Another Christmas tradition that is becoming extinct - it’s kinda sad 😞

Kevin said the same thing about it being giardiniera - I never had it before.
If you like some hot, giardiniera is pretty good. I like it for a change from the sweet once in awhile. You can also just drizzle a little of the giardiniera oil on your beef or combo, if you don't want the chopped up veggies that are part of it. Gives the sandwich a bit of zip.

Enjoy Katie!

And thanks for the good wishes.

• Love
Happy New Year Slo !!! Did not stay up this year, got board with the New Years count down shows and not what they use to be...

• Love
Happy New Year Slo !!! Did not stay up this year, got board with the New Years count down shows and not what they use to be...
We didn’t watch them for the same reason.
We watched the Elvis movie (so good) and Top Gun Maverick (2nd time - we saw it the first time at the theater).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter