slo’s SATURDAY poll - Corrective Lenses

Corrective Lenses - What do you wear? (Multiple choice)

• Nothing

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Single vision (near-sighted)

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Single vision (far-sighted)

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Bifocals

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Trifocals

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Contacts (soft)

Votes: 38 34.2%
  • Contacts (hard)

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I’m supposed to wear corrective lens but I don’t

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I used to wear corrective lens, but no need now due to laser surgery

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Total voters
I am not surprised to see that soft contact lenses are the most popular type of contact lenses! However, as a Contact Lens Optician I am aware that they are not the best option for everyone.

For me, soft daily disposable contact lenses provide the most comfortable and hygienic wearing experience. Furthermore, there is a wide selection of soft contact lenses available on the market, meaning that there is a greater likelihood of finding a lens to suit your individual needs.

If you’re thinking about trying contact lenses, you can view the whole range online before you speak to your optician about getting a prescription. Online retailers like Feel Good Contacts provide additional information that allows you to compare and purchase top quality contact lenses, modality and prescription suitability too. It definitely helps to get an idea of what to expect.

Once you have your prescription, buying online has a lot of other perks. You can get next day delivery on your lenses rather than having to go in-store, you can collect Reward Points and get money off, and you can set up handy re-order reminders so you never forget to restock.

I got my first pair of glasses in the fourth grade. By high school I was wearing contacts, but I stopped wearing them a few years back and went back to glasses. I mostly just wear them to drive. So far, I don’t need readers, but I imagine that day is coming quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter