slo’s WEDNESDAY 3/27 poll - Weighted Blanket

Weighted Blanket - Do you or someone you know use one & does it help with sleep or comfort? (m.c.)

• I use a weighted blanket

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • A family member uses a weighted blanket

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • A friend or someone I know uses a weighted blanket

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • It does help me with sleep

Votes: 13 13.3%
  • It does help me with comfort

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • It does help another person with sleep

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • It does help another person with comfort

• I do not use a weighted blanket

Votes: 64 65.3%
  • I’ve never heard of a weighted blanket

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
The weighted blanket has become a very popular and trendy item. Starting in 2016, the sales on these blankets started growing and growing and now many companies make them and sell them. Many claim these blankets help them sleep, and many claim that they help comfort those with Autism and mental illness. So, how about you?

Do you use a weighted blanket?
Does a family member or friend use a weighted blanket?
If yes…does it help you or them sleep or give comfort?
(multiple choice)

For Me……I do not use a weighted blanket - I think I’d be to hot underneath it. I do love the idea of it though. My DD20 uses a weighted blanket, and she loves it and she says it definitely helps her sleep. The one thing I dislike about it, is cleaning it - not a fun task. For those that don’t know, the weight is inside the blanket connected with many many ties - you need to untie it, wash the blanket, and then retie it back in there hoping you didn’t tie it wrong (like buttoning a shirt wrong). I will be doing this task once again when DD20 comes home from school. Can she do this herself? Of course, but I get joy out of helping her out when she comes home and she’s always very grateful. It’s easy doing things for people when they are grateful.

IMG_1610.jpeg IMG_3056.jpeg

IMG_3055.jpeg IMG_3054.jpeg

We tried one for our bed but I felt TRAPPED at night sleeping under it lol. I do have one for lounging around - I like it but sometimes it does get too heavy/bothersome. I can't tell if it actually makes me feel more comfortable or not.

I have a weighted blanket. I enjoy it for naps, and I do find it comforting, but I don't like to sleep under it all night. I toss/turn too much and the weighted blanket makes me feel like I'm trapped and ends up waking me up.

My daughter (19) has one and loves it. She uses it to sleep and sometimes brings it downstairs to watch tV with it. My son (23) loves to steal mine when he's here, but has specifically said "don't get me one" because he thinks he'd want to be under it ALL the time and would not get up when he needs to get up!

I'm glad your daughter is so grateful for your help when washing the cover. They are a big pain to wash!

I voted "other" - I have a weighted blanket, but don't use it. I really thought I would love it, but the first couple nights I tried to use it, I kept having crazy dreams where I was weighted down and couldn't move, so I don't use it anymore.

My daughter has one here and at her apartment. It was to heavy to carry it back and forth when she visits. She has anxiety and seems to help.

I tried it once ,nope it is hot and you can’t just kick it off…lol

I have one. It does help me sleep better (like a nice hug). I only use it in the winter.....too hot in summer.

I do not have one, and haven’t tried one as I don’t like heavy covers on me. But, I can see how it is mentally beneficial to many :hug:

DD30 and the resident 7 year old each have one. They both say it helps them sleep. I tried DD's for watching TV one evening and quickly learned nope, not for me. I wonder if this is the adult version of swaddling?

I know of people who have used them in very stressful times and say it is comforting, no reason to doubt it so why not?

I have never heard of it and would not be interested.
The people that use them say they are amazing. I haven't bothered because I always kick all my covers off when I sleep.

Yeah I like them - they are great in winter - especially since I like the keep the heat low.

Had no idea they were sued for stress etc... cant say they ever helped with stress for me.

I have no need but DS swears by his and he’s recommended it to others that have found it to be very helpful as well.

Haven't used one and don't need one. I think it would bother me since sometimes just the weight of the covers is too much.

My older son's had one for years and he says it helps him with stress and helps him get to sleep.

I voted other as I did have one, but it didn’t have enough baffles or whatever for all the beads. They would end up at the foot of the blanket. Waste of money, should have done more research before buying one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter