slo’s WEDNESDAY 8/24 poll - Hawaiian Islands

Hawaiian Islands - How many have you visited or lived on? (M.C.)

• I’ve visited/vacationed

Votes: 50 38.2%
  • I’ve lived on

Votes: 3 2.3%

Votes: 11 8.4%

Votes: 17 13.0%

Votes: 18 13.7%

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I’ve never been to any Hawaiian Islands - I’d like to go

Votes: 55 42.0%
  • I’ve never been to any Hawaiian Islands - I have no desire to go

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
How many of the Hawaiian Islands have you visited or lived on?
(multiple choice)

*Did you know that there are 137 islands and that only 7 are inhabited?
I did not know this until today - very interesting.

For Me…..I have been to 3 O’ahu, Maui & Kaua’i.
My Grandma and I went on vacation there 36 years ago when I was 15.
I would love to return with my DH, who has never been there.
86CAD930-624F-4411-A99C-A0E74BD5E414.png

Last edited:
I came so close - then Covid hit and all heck broke loose - the only decent vendor in all that mess was DCL - What a nightmare that was
Was very sad I didn’t get to go - have not tried to reschedule would like to go someday as I would love to see Hawaii
- my coworker grew up in Hawaii so she tells me all about it !! I’ll get there one of these days !!! Maybe a cruise maybe just fly and hop a few islands

Never been but I'd love to go! Aulani is on my list once our son is a little bigger - don't want to tackle that flight yet...

Just once, six days in Oahu, back in 2001 with exH and DDs. It was nice, but I have no burning desire to return or visit the other islands.

I have never been, not much desire to go. Our family is part owner of a large sailing boat there, think rides for tourists, etc., and they want us all to come there and visit and boat and do all that...but I have far too bad of ADHD to be on a plane that long. I get anxious just thinking about it.

Maybe they could medicate me for it? But, flying to San Diego was far too long - add another few hours on that and I would need to be committed.

We visited Hawaii for about 11 days back in 2018. Oahu and the Big Island. It was wonderful. The day we left, my son was crying, he loved the place so much. I've never had a better vacation, it was magical.

I feel like we had an amazing guide in DH too. He lived on Oahu for 3 years when he was in the Army, so I feel like we got to see things that maybe the usual visitor doesn't see.

We can't wait to go back, but oh man 13 hours of flights, wicked jet lag. And oh dang the price tag.

We've been a couple of times.

The first time we stayed at Aulani for a week and then did the NCL cruise that visits the Big Island, Maui and Kauai.

The second time was on a Holland America cruise out of San Diego which called at Oahu and the Big Island.

We enjoyed it immensely and would go again but it's not a priority. It's a long way from the UK!!

ford family

Been to three islands:

Maui - 3x
Oahu - 2x
Lana'i - once

Hawaii is one of our favorite places to vacation. :)

I've been--5 times, now. My in-laws were going to retire there, but then my FIL died in Honolulu (cancer). So, we hadn't been back in 32 years...until this year. I promised DH that one day, we'd take the kids...when we had kids. So, we did.

I had said I'd never go back after this trip, but...I'd consider going back to Maui in the winter, to see the whales.

Maui was my favorite, this trip, but DS25 preferred Hawaii, DS16 liked Oahu the best, etc. Every island has its own personality.

Maui 2x
Oahu 3x
Kauai 1x

I just returned from a 2 week (Oahu, Kauai) vacation celebrated a milestone birthday. It was wonderful. I'm already thinking of next trip, hopefully 2024.

Four islands, three or four different times on each. We have taken Hawaii cruises three times, and have been without cruising one other time.

We we’re supposed to go there in 2020, then Covid came. I am not sure we will get there again,

I've never been and it's not high on my list of places to see. My parents and my sister's family have been a lot (Hawaii and Kauai).

Once. Spent a week at Aulani

Going back....not sure. I saw what I wanted to. We're not beach people

I’ve been to O’ahu, Kaua’i, and Ka’ula. Ka’ula is a small, uninhabited island used by the Navy as a bombing range. I went there several years ago to conduct environmental and unexploded ordnance surveys.

I’ve been once; DH more often (before we met). When we went it was to Oahu. We stayed in Honolulu on Waikiki and drove the whole island. We had a great time but we’re not really ones to want to vacation in the same location over and over, at least not until we’ve seen a lot more of the big, wide world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter