Votes: 38 36.9%
  • Mostly mail and the remainder is done online

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I don’t know - I don’t pay the bills in my home

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
:lovestruc Yes of course, that goes without saying, but who pays them? Oh never mind, probably the accountant, right? I’m so dumb sometimes. :upsidedow

This exactly. We’ve been doing it this way for years.

I think we may be among the very few DISers who, gasp, don’t always pay the full balance on CC bills the instant they arrive.

Shocking!!!

I think we may be among the very few DISers who, gasp, don’t always pay the full balance on CC bills the instant they arrive.

Shocking!!!
:laughing: When they arrive? Don’t you mean the second you’ve actually made the purchase? Why wait for the bill? I made a comment about low-interest credit cards awhile back and virtually every reply was some version of “interest rate doesn’t matter to us; we always pay in full”. This was a thread about a college student’s first card. Yeah, right. ;)

Mostly online. We pay the recurring monthly utility bills online but there are occasionally "unusual" bills that we don't have set up online and we have to mail. I don't have anything set up to auto-pay.

:laughing: When they arrive? Don’t you mean the second you’ve actually made the purchase? Why wait for the bill? I made a comment about low-interest credit cards awhile back and virtually every reply was some version of “interest rate doesn’t matter to us; we always pay in full”. This was a thread about a college student’s first card. Yeah, right. ;)

I remember someone posted a few years ago that when she charges something at Kohl’s, she immediately goes to customer service to pay the bill.

Interest rates don’t matter to me either. Yeah, by not always paying in full I rack up interest charges of maybe $100 per year.

But when you have several money trees growing in the backyard, who gives a crap?
:duck:

Mostly online, a few by check for certain places. Also still write checks as gifts mailed to family members or in a card for a wedding.

I pay everything online or it auto-withdraws from my account except my pest control guy. He prefers I give him a check in person. He's the only reason I even have checks 🙄

We don’t do any online banking so prior to covid and terrible mail service I paid all our bills by check. Now I pay all of them over the phone except for 1 that I pay through an email link. I try to keep it as easy as possible just in case my husband would have to take over paying the bills. He is not into technology at all. Has never used our laptop and barely understands his smart phone that he got for the first time this year because his job required it. He doesn’t have his own phone and his employer provides it as well as pays the bill. He always had a flip phone before but it became outdated.

Most constant amount bills are auto pay. I pay CC's online so I can verify correctness before paying. I still use Quicken to keep track of everything. I'm thinking I write out maybe, at the very most, five checks a year, but at the moment, I can't think of what even one might be for or when I last wrote one.

The only regular thing I still write checks for is the co-pay for one doctor. Cash or check only.

I pay 95% of our bills online. The remaining 5% mostly belongs to our county real estate tax collector, who does not accept online payments, but just recently offered the ability to debit your bank account directly. I'll be signing up for that service soon.

I also still have all of our bills mailed to us and then I turn around and pay them online. My husband does not use a PC and doesn't really want to learn. If something were to happen to me, I'm convinced not one bill would be paid if it was not mailed to us.

Most online, some auto debit on credit card or out of bank account. Haven't used a cheque to pay a bill in probably 20 years. Actually more than 20 years since I remember doing phone banking when I was single and I've been married for 20 years.

We are old. We write checks and send them in the mail, have done it this way for nearly 46 years. Works for us. We do have the Hulu bill, and Verizon cell phone bill paid by credit card, then we pay that as we do our other bills. And yes we still pay by check at stores. Still faster than many people paying by credit or debit card when they make a mistake on their PIN number and have to start over, or their card is declined.

Prior to the pandemic paid pretty much everything by sending a check. Since Dec there has been a postal service issue in my area so have been paying about half the old way and half online or over the phone.

Yeah, same here. Charge something, pay for it when I get home. That way, when my credit card bill comes the balance is always either zero or a credit balance. Also odd in that we have just one credit card.

We are old. We write checks and send them in the mail, have done it this way for nearly 46 years. Works for us. We do have the Hulu bill, and Verizon cell phone bill paid by credit card, then we pay that as we do our other bills. And yes we still pay by check at stores. Still faster than many people paying by credit or debit card when they make a mistake on their PIN number and have to start over, or their card is declined.

I'm always shocked to hear that there are places that take cheques.
You could never write a cheque here in Walmart or a big grocery store chain. They haven't accepted cheques in years.

If I can pay online I'll always pay online. I'm surprised at how many of my doctors still won't do online payments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter