So how intense is the drop in Kali River Rapids?

it's not much of a drop at all, and it's definitely not fast.....
but if you're in the line of fire of the water, it is terribly wet..
somehow i always find myself looking like a drowned rat...

It’s a pretty tame ride but you can get really wet. Really WET!
Definitely nothing crazy, but I agree, you can get very wet!! Recommend a poncho for colder weather! Have fun!
One of our leave favorite rides because it is a very short ride, the drops are not intense and you get very wet.
The attraction is pretty tame but there's something so fun (and scary) knowing one or two people in each raft will get drenched.
The drop is no where near as steep as Splash and it is a much more gradual angle. But you will get soaked. Even if you manage to not be on the side that gets it the worst, there are some side sprays near the end that almost everyone.
you'll get pretty wet. We usually wear sandals on our AK days. I would recommend a change of clothes :-)

Thanks for the info! We are going in the summer and will probably wear shorts,

Do your shoes get soaked too? (We usually wear sneakers, which are not great to walk around in if they are drenched.

It’s fun, and I’m a ride wimp too. Don’t go on a cold day because you have an excellent chance of becoming completely soaking wet. Protect your phone.

Not much more intense than the drops on Pirates or FEA.
As someone else said, it’s more of a slide than a drop, I wouldn’t have said it was hugely intense at all. I’d say it’s less intense than Frozen Ever After to be honest
If you can ride Pirates you can ride Kali.

Thanks so much for all the feedback. That’s great to hear! :) I’m totally fine with the drop on Pirates.
I do get very scared on the drop on Frozen Ever After (totally forgot about that ride when I did the post!). I clutch DH on that drop - but I can handle it. If Kali is not more intense than Frozen Ever After, I’ll be fine on it!

I'm a ride wimp and am totally fine on Kali. Don't freak out...when the ride starts it looks like you're going up what will be a huge drop, but the drop isn't big on the other side.

For comparison, I even get a little nervous on 7DMT.

Do your shoes get soaked too? (We usually wear sneakers, which are not great to walk around in if they are drenched.
I usually wear Teva sandals in the summer at the parks. There is a dry storage in the middle of the raft with a raised base where you can put you feet up there to avoid your shoes being soaked. But I still prefer to wear sandals as there are afternoon summer rain or thunderstorms.

I think Kali is the real tragedy of AK. It was supposed to be so cool, and whoever planned it didn't understand it would interfere with the animals on the safari. Plus, not quite as safe because, you know, lions and tigers. But had ti been implemented the way it was planned -- as a floating safari ride with some good rapid thrills mixed in -- I think it would have been one of all-time great WDW rides. As it is, it's maybe the biggest disappointment in any of the parks.

I think Kali is the real tragedy of AK. It was supposed to be so cool, and whoever planned it didn't understand it would interfere with the animals on the safari. Plus, not quite as safe because, you know, lions and tigers. But had ti been implemented the way it was planned -- as a floating safari ride with some good rapid thrills mixed in -- I think it would have been one of all-time great WDW rides. As it is, it's maybe the biggest disappointment in any of the parks.

I believe it was also supposed to be longer! The ride is really short.

I usually wear Teva sandals in the summer at the parks. There is a dry storage in the middle of the raft with a raised base where you can put you feet up there to avoid your shoes being soaked. But I still prefer to wear sandals as there are afternoon summer rain or thunderstorms.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think the dry storage in the middle is no longer.

I did not have any issues with my shoes getting wet, and I don’t believe anyone else did in my party either. Just hope you’re not in ‘that seat’ when it drops!! 😂 enjoy!

Hi all,

Full disclosure - ride wimp here - the most intense ride I can do is Slinky Dog with my eyes closed hanging on for dear life (I can't tolerate 7 Dwarfs or Test Track, I won't put one foot on Everest or Big Thunder but I love Soarin if that's any indicator on my ride-wimp o meter).

I would love to try Kali this summer but I YouTubed it and that one big drop seems a little intense to me - just how intense is that drop? (I would probably pass out on Splash Mountain so I want to make sure it's not comparable / similar to that drop at all!).

Thanks for any advice,

Your friendly neighborhood ride wimp! M :cutie:
My 3 1/2 year old, who still tends to be very nervous about certain rides 3 years later, handled the drop just fine. I would be more concerned about getting totally soaked!

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think the dry storage in the middle is no longer.
our raft did NOT have dry storage in the center.
If you need something to stay dry, you can use a storage locker, or you can put your stuff in a water tight bag.
I usually wear a poncho on the ride so i'll put my backpack on my lap under the poncho.
Amusingly, the backpack always stays dry under there, but somehow despite the poncho, i still get drenched.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter