So I don't want to break a rule but....

patkingpin

Mouseketeer
Me and my wife walk every year for the March of Dimes as part of their March for Babies.
Before I post a link to my page and beg a bit for a small donation, is it bad of me to do so? By bad, i mean two things. 1) Is it frowned upon on the Dis and 2) Do the Disdads frown upon it?

I think the answers to this might help others wondering what they can do to help out also.

It is not frowned upon by the Dis, but you have to get permission first in order to do so. This is straight from the guidelines:

3. POSTS REQUESTING "DONATIONS"
From time to time our members ask to post information about a fund raiser or other support event for charity. If you are participating in or wish to promote a charitable event, please email the webmaster at corey@wdwinfo.com for permission first. We only allow posts that are in support of registered non-profit organizations and donations must be made directly to the organization in question via the internet. No requests for cash, money orders, checks or items to an individual, or personal address will be permitted. All such requests must be approved by the webmaster PRIOR to being posted. We're sorry, but requests for school/sports fund raisers are not permitted.

Here's the link the guidelines: http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

I'm still new to the DisDad's, so hopefully one of the veteran members can answer your question a little better.

Actually that helps a lot, thank you! I never even thought to look there. I have emailed and requested permission which I received. This thread can be locked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter