So if DCL DOES go to the Mediterranean, who's going?!

I would love to, but the airfare for the 4 of us might keep us from going. We have been counting on doing the 7 day (western) in summer 2004 for some time. I guess I would have to look at the total cost and decide if we could swing it. DH already says no, so I would have to do some real convincing to make it work!

Hey gang,

We likely wouldn't be going because summer 2004 looks like it is going to be devoted to visiting college campuses. But don't rule it out just because of airfare. There can be some awesome rates. In just the last week our small regional airport has advertised ROUNDTRIP to Frankfurt Germany for $192! and Londan for $221! I can't even get round trip to Orlando for that!

Actually Europe for us is likely to be DS in 2005 with high school choir and me with DD in 2007 with a Girl Scout troop trip. Maybe DH & I will make it sometime after that! LOL

Deb

We would have to pass on this one too! Way to long of a flight from Seattle and the price of the cruise and airfare way out of our ballpark!:(

I would LOVE to do the cruise! DH and I spent a month in North Africa (Morocco) Spain, France and Italy in 1986 ( on our honeymoon) and we REALLY LOVED Barcelona! It was by far our favorite city. If we go I would want to spend a few days (maybe a week) there before or after the cruise.
The cost is going to be the deciding factor. Airfare from Atlanta or New York to Barcelona can be less then going to the West coast.
I'll be watching closely.

putting a ship on the West coast? I would love to cruise Alaska with Disney or the Mexican Rivieria! Anyone else?

Lisa

we BE THERE , think it would be great and it would be Inaugural cruise of course .................
peter

I'm out. If I'm going to go to all the effort to get to Europe from the West Coast, I'm not going to spend the majority of my time on a cruise ship (even if it is my favorite cruise ship).

Now if Disney decides to do the Mexican Riviera, I'm so in.

Some of you mentioned the cost of this trip. Is there a price chart out for it? How do you know the cost?
Debra

Originally posted by inkkognito
Anyone else positively planning on doing the Mediterranean if it happens?

We are planning on it! My husband's father was in the Air Force, and as a wee little bitty, he spent 3 years in Spain. He is dying to go back.

However, our plans might change if a sibling for Katie happens to come along. We are surely not trying for that right now, but you never know in two years!

Kathy

I would definitely be interested. I've always wanted to cruise Europe. We choose cruises to explore the Carribean - a day at each place, if we liked it we'd go back for a longer stay. Sounds like a great way to explore Europe too!:earsgirl:

Could someone post the potential "ports of call" on the med cruise?

Thanks, L:D

OK, so the 1st new ship replaces the Magic & the 2nd replaces the Wonder in 2005 so there can be cruises in the Med AND west coast US 7 day land & sea! :) Anybody got 800 million to loan them for construction?:p

We have been planning to go to the Mediterranean on a cruise. This is a terrific idea! The prices compare to the Western Caribbean itinerary. Airfare would be steep but I plan to use frequent flyer miles. This is a great idea! Way to go Disney!!!:smooth:

Such interesting responses...looks like this is a "love" or "hate" itinerary! DH and I would look at it as a sampler cruise, allowing us to have a brief look at several areas to decide whether we would like to do a longer trip someday. We like the idea of exploring new territory while knowing exactly what kind of meals and accommodations we will have. The potential cost is a bit of a worry, but we are saving already and will probably go for a secret porthole room (although a verandah is sooooo tempting...but I'll just keep reminding myself that we could probably do another 3-night with the difference in cost). That means we'll have to book way early...hubby just noticed a link to the secret porthole page on my site from a travel agency site, so they are definitely becoming not-so-secret anymore.
I too would love to see a Disney ship on the West Coast, liked into a Disneyland trip. I wouldn't like the long flight or time change, but I do like heading out West (we did a 3-night Baja cruise on RCCL), so we would definitely give that a try too.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Could someone post the prices they have seen? It sounds like there is a price list somewhere.

I have always wanted to see Europe and I know this would not be enough time to really see everything, but it would sure be a wonderful introduction!

If someone could give me an idea of the price, I would know if I could even 'dream' about this trip. :p

Debra

Can you tell I would love this? I have been to Europe about a dozen times and been to all of western Europe and Africa...but a Disney Cruise?..Holy moly! You bet I would do it.I know some people are a little taken aback by the price...has anyone posted it yet? I would like to know...lol...even though..I think I would still go anyway. We have a three year old who will have been on 3 Disney Cruises by the end of next month....she certainly has no problem with it! And my DH would never turn down a DC..or a trip to Europe!

I have always wanted to see Europe and had wanted to take my daughters there sometime too. Being on the Magic would feel like being 'home' away from 'home'. After 3 cruises (not as many as some of you), I feel VERY comfortable on the ship. I do feel like I am 'at home' when I am there. So, in a way, it would seem like a very comfortable way to see a part of the world I have never had the opportunity to see.

NOW, I have to admit, one concern I have is just how safe are the ports there? I am sure the Magic would draw a LOT of attention during its visit to Europe and with all the concern over terrorists AND with some of the anti-American attitudes, would the ship be a good target for a small boat with terrorists to pull up along side (like the USS Cole)?

Anyway, I would love to know how much this would be and if I would need to start saving now, or just give up on the idea all together :) .

Hope someone can find that post, or find the information to post for us here so we can see just how much this is going to cost.
Debra

...with my school schedule, we're there! I teach at a year-round school, so I'm only able to go during my breaks. I think this would be a very comfortable way to "sample" Europe with a child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter