• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So sad

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
Is that it then? Absolutely no hope of retrieving the UK boards, or is it still be looked at?

....... I can't tell you how much this hurts to say this Debbie, but yes, it has gone. Like you I am completely shell-shocked but we are reliant on technology for our community and sadly occasionally things go badly wrong.
This happened before on the US DIS a long time ago where nothing could be salvaged and as awful as it was, the community re-assembled, and we were quickly back on our feet again.
I truly hope that at least people who had worked so painstakingly and long on their trip reports have them saved to word, and will re-post them on the new trip report board.
Hey my friends, can we have a great big group {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}} right now? I think we all badly need one.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm not normally so 'touchy feely' ;), but sometimes you just need a hug.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm shocked too :(

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I don't really post that often I suppose, but I do enjoy reading the boards. I wish that I had got round to reading a lot of the trip reports. You just assume that it will always be there :(

Well just have to (pixie) dust ourselves down and start again.

Helen

I've been up most of the night (I hate this work thing!!) and saw the new forums pop up, so figured it might be terminal for the UK server,
I'm just a little dazzed that theres no back up tapes made anywhere,
knowing that all that information is terminally lost is terrible,
knowing that its all still held somewhere and could one day be available again would make me feel a little better.

Thank goodness for the US DIS or we'd all be sitting at our computers totally lost :)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
to all the UK DIS family.

Another one for the group {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}]

:(

I don't quite know what to say this morning - I just keep thinking of all the hard work that everyone had put in to make the UK Dis such a special place................we'll soon be back up to speed, I'm sure :) :)

I feel vaguely ridiculous saying this, but I feel totally bereft right now. I can't really put my emotions into words, but I guess we all have similar feelings this morning. We are such a tight-knit community that I know we will bounce back, it just doesn't feel that way at the moment.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

OMG!

For once I'm speechless - off to ponder for a bit.

Bonzo slinks off into the sunset for a while..........:(

I can't believe this!

All that info gone:(

Do you think we will never get the UK DIS back, and will just be part of the US DIS now (like this)?

Apologies to USers but it feels odd being part of the large US site, rather than our own dedicated UK site!

Hi Alison and Shaun

I know how you feel - but the UK Dis is gone, I'm afraid.

We are all trying hard to get our new home fully operational, with all the usual fun posts etc, and hopefully it wont take long for everyone to *feel* that we've always been here :)

I am just speechless - the US dis is nice, but the UK Dis is special and it just feels very strange to be over here - even the colors feel wrong :(

I guess I should try and sort my counter and signature out, maybe that will make it feel a bit more like home.

Bev

OMG I didn't realise it was gone FOREVER!

Are we definately staying part of the US boards now????

Totally selfish here but I was well on my way to my 1000 post :(

Blimey guys, I really feel for all of you especially with all the fantastic trip reports :( :( :(

Is it possible for all the people posting under different names to have their original name as their signature???

Lisag

I feel the same guys...it's so sad to see all those posts lost. Strange to be on new boards, (or back to the original boards for long time DIS'ers as this is where we were to start with!) especially as it's happened so sudden and abrupt circumstances :( :( :(

However, what we need to remember is it's people that make these boards special, not a piece of software or a co.uk address - it'll be strange for a while until we get comfy...get all the pot plants in place and the pictures hung up, but we'll have this place feeling like home in <i>NO TIME</i> I promise :)

Penny :)

<b>RIP UK DIS...
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BIRTH OF THE NEW UK DIS!</b>

I didn’t realise that it was such a catastrophe. I thought I was just having some technical difficulties and all would be sorted in time! I’m just so glad I found my way here.

Annmarie :D

I'm in a state of SHOCK........Shaun fancy getting totality PLASTERED........LOL

Its going to take awhile to get over this.......................

jj.......:(

OMG! State of shock here. I know what you mean by feeling bereft - but as Penny says it is the people who make the boards what they are.

How about a trip to the DIS Cellar to celebrate the birth of these particular boards. We might even be able to grab a bottle from the US DIS Cellar (if they've got one) as we are over here now.

Look forward, not back. Even if you do have a tear in your eye.

Carol

It is so sad to think we have lost our old home. But we are here and thats what made it so good before, so we can do it again.

It will take a little while, but I am sure we can build it up again to be bigger and better than it was ( Is that possible ? )

Glad to see old friends back here. I was thinking I had lost you all at one point.

Frances x

JJ,

beerchug.gif

Is this you? -
irish.gif

There, back to my irreverent self! - LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter