solo to mousefest 2008

It's not who registers earliest.

It's who stays latest at teh MegaMouseMeet that counts.

I registered today! So excited!! I can't wait to meet you all.:cheer2: :flower3:

Did you all see about the Margarita meet? :cool1:

Are you talking about the Passporter one? It is planned to be right before the Dinner by the lagoon, Throw back some Margaritas then eat fish & chips:thumbsup2 (I will personally be drinking Tecate):drinking1
See ya there...:cool1:
P.S. I am Mousefest registered as Eeyore Tattoo

Just found this thread. I'll be there from the 11th - 14th and staying at POR - first time at POR and MF. I'll be at the 101 meeting on the 11th. Not planning on MVMCP as I'm not sure that is something I want to do truly solo.

No actual meal plans at this time as I tend to wing it and hit CS places. I should be getting to POR very early on the 11th (about 7am or so), so I'll probably do breakfast there but not sure yet.

I guess I should mention that I'll be at Mousefest this year. I'm tentatively planning for 12/10-12/16 at POP, with MVMCP on 12/11, but I haven't booked the trip yet. I'm still finalizing my trip at the end of August. :goodvibes

I guess I should mention that I've finalized these plans, with the lone change being that I'll be at the Dolphin, not POP. :goodvibes

I just found this thread too. I won't be there until Dec 13, as my pesky job gets in the way of my vacation life.

I am in the "over 50" crowd too, and maybe we could have our own events like walker races. Yikes! How did I get so old so fast? I agree with the guy who said he is 10 when at WDW. My energy soars there too.

Anyone who is staying PAST the end of MF and looking for company, let me know. I am bound and determined to eat at Le Cellier without ADR's
I too like the irony of calling the group MF'ers. :lmao:

Hi,

I won't be going to Mousefest this year (paying off credit card debt), and have absolutely no trips planned, but I attended the first five Mousefests all solo. As others have posted, if you meet with a lot of Disney-loving friends, the trip isn't as solo.

Jim

I just found this thread too. I won't be there until Dec 13, as my pesky job gets in the way of my vacation life.

I am in the "over 50" crowd too, and maybe we could have our own events like walker races. Yikes! How did I get so old so fast? I agree with the guy who said he is 10 when at WDW. My energy soars there too.

Anyone who is staying PAST the end of MF and looking for company, let me know. I am bound and determined to eat at Le Cellier without ADR's
I too like the irony of calling the group MF'ers. :lmao:

Hi Jill,
If you are there early enough Saturday drop by Epcot for my Dinner by the Lagoon at Yorkshire fish shop at 5:00 PM. We old folks will all be there eating & drinking.. There is also a Margarita meet at 4 PM in Mexico right before..
Deb

Okay, just called and got an ADR.:) I'm canceling plans to storm the Castle. Though I wasn't expecting to pay $57 in advance for the meal 'n' photo.:scared1:

Deb,
Yes, I will be there in time to meet for dinner. I actually come staggering in the night before at midnight, just so I won't lose a "travel" day. I will be at MF at 10:00am for the meet before the meet. Then I'll meet you guys for dinner. (We can all order off the senior menu!) I think the margarita meet is at 7:30 ish, not 4 like you posted, but I have so many details running through my brain, who knows? But yes, I do plan to get drunk and stupid (the 2 always go hand and hand with me) at the pre-illuminations fiesta!!

Bob,
I guess I'll be storming the castle alone. I couldn't get Le Cellier reservations so I plan on either storming the castle alone, or pouting outside the restaurant and just generally being annoying til they let me in just to get rid of me.:dance3:

Bob,
I guess I'll be storming the castle alone. I couldn't get Le Cellier reservations so I plan on either storming the castle alone, or pouting outside the restaurant and just generally being annoying til they let me in just to get rid of me.:dance3:
I suggest periodically calling for an ADR, even after you get to WDW. BTW, I'm Bill.:rolleyes1

Jill,
The Margaritas are at 4 PM, We plan on a drunken parade from Mexico to England for fish..:cheer2: :rotfl2: :cool1:
Deb
Deb,
Yes, I will be there in time to meet for dinner. I actually come staggering in the night before at midnight, just so I won't lose a "travel" day. I will be at MF at 10:00am for the meet before the meet. Then I'll meet you guys for dinner. (We can all order off the senior menu!) I think the margarita meet is at 7:30 ish, not 4 like you posted, but I have so many details running through my brain, who knows? But yes, I do plan to get drunk and stupid (the 2 always go hand and hand with me) at the pre-illuminations fiesta!!

Bob,

I was going solo for the 3rd time to Mousefest, but after assurances that I won't have my solo vibe harshed, I'll now be headed up with an old friend who hadn't been to Disney in a decade. We're both single male, photography nuts, and doing the late-night-late-morning, no-rush tour...so even though we're going together, I think we can legitimately call it double-solo!

(I've already been up there solo in March and September this past year, and will again several times next year. It's great!).

Bill,
So sorry about your name. Please don't take it personally Senility has apperently kicked in. So now, when I storm the castle I know to scream "Bill made me do it", rather than "Bob made me do it."

Deb,
OK, there is another Margarita fiesta at 7:30 to watch illuminations as a group. This now changes my plan to the following:

1. Meet your group for Maragaritas for drunk and stupid part 1.
2. Stumble down to England thinking I'm witty, charming and clever, as I always believe I am when I'm drunk.
3. Eat dinner.
4. Start to sober up and feeling ensuing headache coming on.
5 Make decision to stave off said headache by going to the other party where I will get drunk and stupid again. When Illuminations is over, I will possibly repeat another form of step 1 and go through the entire cycle over again.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter