Some questions?

hans_jeanette

Earning My Ears
Hi you all, :wave:

After visiting Disneyland Paris (great), Disney World (greater) and going with the disney cruise (greatest) we now are planning to visit Disneyland California :cool1: . We want to go to California from 4/29/6 until 5/8/6 (have a car for 7 days). After this by airplane to Las Vegas and on 5/13/6 back to home.

We are disney and shopping fans so in California we want to visit Disneyland for three days and take two days for some shopping. Now we have some questions and hope somebody can answer them.

Which are the best days to visit the disney parks in May? How is the weater in the beginning of May. What other nice things can we do in Calafornia? We don't want to go to Universal or Seaworld because we visited those parks in Orlando last year. We also don't want to visit LA because we think the traffic will probably be too busy for us.

We are thinking of staying in the hotel Park Vue Inn or the hotel Candy Cane Inn. The Park Vue Inn is more then 35 dollars cheaper each night. Because we have to think of our budget we are now thinking of going to the Park Vue Inn. Can anybody tell us if the Candy Cane Inn is worth the more money?

Already thanks in advance for all the answers and sorry for our bad english.

Wishing you all the best and greetings from Holland. :wave2:

Hans & Jeanette

I will start backwards...

I have not stayed at either off site property but the Park Vue in is closer to the main entrance. The walk is short! I would have to say that both are similar properties and if you can save money I would chose the Park Vue. There are other offsite hotels right across from the entrance to Disney also... Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, Carousel Inn and Suites and the Park Inn. We have stayed at each of these and they are all nice and very close to walk to the entrance of Disney.

In May the average high temp is 75. It is usually pretty chilly in the morning until the marine layer burns off. That usually happens by noon. Most days in May are not that busy but I would try to plan on Disney during the week. Weekdays are always your best bet.

Universal and Sea World are worth skipping. Universal in Orlando blows our Universal here in CA out of the water. You would probably be disappointed here.

LA traffic is terrible most days of the week and most hours of the day. Avoiding it will make your vacation a much happier one.

Have a great vacation!

I will agree with everything Brooklyn has said. One little wrench to throw in is that Candy Cane Inn always gets excellent reviews. I don't think I've ever seen a bad review about the place.
As for shopping in the area, you have The Block At Orange which is about 10 minutes from DL. All surface streets. There's The Irvine Spectrum too. Both are outdoor shopping, entertainment areas. For a traditional shopping center, South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa is a huge, upscale mall.
For just touring around, you may want to check out Laguna Beach or Newport Beach. Go to Knott's Berry Farm for a good chicken dinner. The restaurant is located outside of the park.

hans_jeanette said:
Hi you all, :wave:

After visiting Disneyland Paris (great), Disney World (greater) and going with the disney cruise (greatest) we now are planning to visit Disneyland California :cool1: . We want to go to California from 4/29/6 until 5/8/6 (have a car for 7 days). After this by airplane to Las Vegas and on 5/13/6 back to home.

We are disney and shopping fans so in California we want to visit Disneyland for three days and take two days for some shopping. Now we have some questions and hope somebody can answer them.

Which are the best days to visit the disney parks in May? How is the weater in the beginning of May. What other nice things can we do in Calafornia? We don't want to go to Universal or Seaworld because we visited those parks in Orlando last year. We also don't want to visit LA because we think the traffic will probably be too busy for us.

We are thinking of staying in the hotel Park Vue Inn or the hotel Candy Cane Inn. The Park Vue Inn is more then 35 dollars cheaper each night. Because we have to think of our budget we are now thinking of going to the Park Vue Inn. Can anybody tell us if the Candy Cane Inn is worth the more money?

Already thanks in advance for all the answers and sorry for our bad english.

Wishing you all the best and greetings from Holland. :wave2:

Hans & Jeanette

My family always stays at the Park Vue Inn. It is nothing spectacular, but it is directly across the street from Disneyland, so walking there is nothing. The rooms are clean, with a mini fridge and microwave in each. Since we are in the rooms only to sleep, they were just fine for us. I've never stayed at the CCI, so I don't know how they compare.

Hope this helps.

Have fun and enjoy the greatest park on earth!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Although I don't have first hand knowledge of CandyCane Inn, I know someone who just stayed there earlier this year and he said it's very nice and and not very far to the entrance. He will be going again in October w/DW, DD-14, DS-12 & DD-4.

The two hotels which consistently get great reviews here (outside of the DL hotels) are Candy Cane and Howard Johnson. Check out mousesavers for possible cheaper rates.

Best days to go to the parks are any time that is not a weekend. The three days with the lowest crowds are Wednesday, Tuesday and Thursday.

If you have seen Seaworld and Universal studios elsewhere I wouldn't bother with them in california.

in 3 days you should be able to see everything in Disneyland and Disney California - make sure you get a park hopper pass to see both parks.

I am from Australia and was disappointed with LA, and think you are right to skip it. But we found great shopping at South Coast Plaza, which is only about 15 minutes from Disneyland and has a shuttle service to Aneheim resorts.

There was also a big factory outlet place on the freeway to LA.

LucyKate said:
in 3 days you should be able to see everything in Disneyland and Disney California - make sure you get a park hopper pass to see both parks.

I will slightly disagree ... even going commando style, it would be very tough to see all of the shows and ride all of the rides at both parks in three days. But you can definitely do all of the rides and see several of the shows.

Also, the fireworks and Fantasmic are incredible, so if you have some flexibility, you might choose one day when those are going, even though it will be more crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter