Someone told me the 2100 loop cabins are gone. True???

Yeah. I found my old pictures from last March 2016 when we were at the Fort and they had just removed the first cabin.

As I said 2100 was a former camping loop before it was converted to a cabin loop. The old utility stumps were left in place when the cabins went it.

The one thing I noticed from the video (thanks Mad Stitch) even though I only watched the first 2-3 minutes is there doesn't appear to be a tent pad - just a long paved drive. There is only a coquina pad for the picnic table and a slim shoulder around the back.

Bama Ed

I think it varies, some looked similar to the other full hookup loops and some were very small.
Now I am getting homesick after watching that, very much looking forward to March.

I think it varies, some looked similar to the other full hookup loops and some were very small.
Now I am getting homesick after watching that, very much looking forward to March.

I also noticed there seemed to be a large variance in how big the sand area is.

From what I'm seeing from the 2100 loop renovation, there is no comfort station? Anyone know how far the nearest one is? Is there one close by?

They've been gone for a few months, 2100 is now a Full hookup categorized loop.

Thanks for posting this. I wish all reps would give the same info - I was recently told they are not accepting bookings for staying in this loop but obviously that's not true. Do you have a video of 2200 loop?

Interesting thread. I can see how people might think Disney wants to decrease non Park stays, but I think the removal of the cabins could be used to argue the opposite as well. Disney wants campers' money, and you get more out of 2 weeks of one campsite than a night or two in the cabins. More turnover means more labor cost too. Those cabins are EXPENSIVE, and I don't think they're as popular as other moderates, which I believe is their price equivalent.

No...if Disney really wanted money, they'd cap occupancy at the campsites. Isn't it like 10 people? I've been to similar (in terms of amenities) private campgrounds that cap sites at 4, and then charge you per person after that. Surprised they haven't done that, given how much they charge already. You've got to really like camping to pay what I did last July.

It would be interesting to see the math of how much The campers really spend on food. The above argument that they don't make money off campers doesn't always hold true. I ate out every single day. If I was inclined to make sandwiches, at the fort, I would do the same thing in a hotel room, whether I was at the Contemporary or at All Stars. I'm usually not inclined to do so, though. My point is- if food is part of Disney for you, you'll eat regardless. If it's not, where you stay probably won't affect that much.

The cap is at 10, I wish they would enforce that. Our last several trips have had at least one adjoining site with 14 or 15 people on it.

They need more folks on site so people like us can, once again, bail out Euro Disney. I think this bailout is somewhere around 1.6 billion they are having to put into it.

1) Let us remember that Fort Wilderness was one of the three resorts at the opening of Walt Disney World in 1971.
. . . Palm and Magnolia golf courses opened in Sept-1971
. . . Magic Kingdom dedicated on Oct-1-1971
. . . the Poly and CR opened Oct-1-1971
. . . the Fort opened one month later, on Nov-19-1971
2) At that time, there were very few RV motorized vehicles.
3) So, it was planned for tents and pulled-campers (remember how popular Air Streams were?).
4) When the "loops" were not always sold out, WDW put in their own smaller mobile-homes ("cabins").
5) Today, the demand is for camping spots, and the cabins are not at full occupancy.
6) Thus, several cabin loops are being returned to camping sites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter