Something About Nothing ... #12

Yay for squirlz...happy the trip is still on...hope you have a great time.

One day I hope to visit Key West...sounds like a fun place.

All the homies are getting ready to go or already there...safe travels everyone :goodvibes

I forgot to reset my alarm this morning for 6 am ...woke up at 7:12 and had to get ready in record time but made it to work at 8 only 2 minutes late. It takes me 30 minutes to drive to work. The only thing I forgot about was my phone on the bed. I kept reaching for it all day.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone ...be excellent to each other :flower1:

Woot! Glad to hear your trip is on Squirlz. It made us so sad to look at the pictures of all the beautiful pictures we took along 1. We had such wonderful weather and so warm and calm Gulf. I hope you have as great a time we had. Jealous, we spent 5 nights.

Glad you made it to work in record time Tink. Yeah, forgetting my phone or watch drives me crazy. Hope you work day went fast.

Almost done packing.

I’ve seen people pack changes of clothes, water, snacks, and even full meals for the day. I can understand wanting to save money, but I just can’t imagine lugging all the weight around all day. I always try to stay several steps behind people with large backpacks. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been hit by one with the person suddenly turns around.

This is going to sound awful, but theme park visits are one of the few times I am glad I never had kids. I couldn't lug all that crap around. I try to go in with absolutely no bags what so ever. If I can't put it in a cargo pocket, it's not coming in with me. But I would still love to be able to see the wonder and awe in a child's eyes as they see Mickey for the first time..

Got the packing done this evening. Boarding passes printed.

Ready for a good night sleep hopefully. Have to leave for airport at 6:30.

Mac if I remember correctly you have to be up for trip to airport very early.

Lynne and Mac have a safe trip tomorrow. Look forward to seeing you both at Universal.

Night everyone :cat:

All checked in and awaiting at gate. Fire alarm sounded as went to gate, but no one reacted. Figured it was a test. And it was. Busy.

Safe flights Mac, Robo and Robo Dsis.

Hello homies!

Bon voyage everyone pixiedust:

Good morning to all of us stuck at home today ...coffee time for me :coffee: and maybe a small piece of the red velvet fudge DD made ...I'm starting my post trip diet next week:rolleyes1

Good morning and Happy October.

Squirlz - I went to Key West for Thanksgiving the year we moved to Florida. It was a great trip. We had our thanksgiving dinner at Benihana. We shared a table with a German couple who had just recently moved to the Atlanta, Ga area (the place we had just moved away from). Then we discovered that our chef went to my high school’s main rival school in Marietta, Ga. It really is a small world sometimes.

Chuckers - We waited to go to Disney until our daughter was old enough that we didn’t need to lug around lots of stuff. I make her carrry her own stuff now. Here is a fun memory of her first Disney trip. I can’t believe it was almost 10 years ago.

33m8py9.jpg

Lynne and Robo - Hope you have great trips.

Tink - I need to start a pre trip diet. I should probably do some walking too so I can get used to all of the walking I will be doing at the parks.

I spent a couple of hours last night looking for shirts to wear on my vacation. I was mainly looking for a Ravenclaw shirt. I found so many cool shirts, but couldn’t get them all. I found one that was a combination of Doctor Who and Ravenclaw that I just had to have.

Hope everyone arrived/is arriving safely!! 6 more days for me-next week at this exact time I hope to show my mother in law and sister in law Soarin'-after eating/drinking at festival!!

Did I post this yet? Our Key West trip is on! Arriving Friday for 12 nights. It was touch and go there for awhile. Key West got so lucky. I seriously believe in Sister Gabriel's Grotto and I'm not religious.
YAY! Glad KW is lucky and you get to go-from previous posts it sounds like KW is a special place for you guys.

This is going to sound awful, but theme park visits are one of the few times I am glad I never had kids. I couldn't lug all that crap around. I try to go in with absolutely no bags what so ever. If I can't put it in a cargo pocket, it's not coming in with me. But I would still love to be able to see the wonder and awe in a child's eyes as they see Mickey for the first time..
Even with younger kids I tended to go with bare minimum-and the threads/posts on "what is in your park bag?" I am always "what park bag-MB, CC/DL/cash with phone in clear water proof lanyard, fuel rod in pocket, frogg togg around neck, water bottle in hand". good grief people you are not going to the wilds of outer space with no stores etc!"

I'm starting my post trip diet next week:rolleyes1
yeah... mine will be starting in 2 weeks :rotfl2:

I found one that was a combination of Doctor Who and Ravenclaw that I just had to have.
sounds like a great present for my middle!! Where did you get it??

Chili made today - had a large bowl full of tomatoes from garden cooked down to tomato sauce, venison, green peppers, garlic and onion from garden...mmm. Made lime bars for dessert to help cut the heat. And realized I have tomorrow off! I mean I knew it but it hadn't sunk in:rotfl:So decided to have a cocktail on the deck in this lovely weather!

Happy Sunday all!

Two days down, 8 miles of walking today whee. Epcot jammed for 35th anniversary. Bailed for MGM and returned for Fire works which were hyped. IMO 4th of July far better. Lines for merchandise to the point I didn't bother with a tee shirt.

Tomorrow Sea World. Trying to figure out if the park doesn't open until 10 am just how we're supposed to be back @ the sea lion perserve for our tour by 9:45 am. Just checked park hours nutz. Lunch w/Shamu too, surely something different to surprise the mr. Always looking for something new each trip.

Carole - i was nearly knocked off my feet today by a tall dude with a back pack when he decided to turn while in line @ test track. No I'm sorry offered. They have to feel they hit something duh.

Last edited:
Keisha, leave around 9 ish, get there around 9:30, they tend to open the front of the park early. Then you can timely check in. Have fun with Shamoooooo.

I am going to AK, then HS. I did stand in line and bought a shirt in the late afternoon. Total time, 40 minutes. Everyone was polite and they had tons of checkout people. Yeah, take my money. LOL

Hehe, I was getting ready for HHN. The bus driver said good morning, as caught it after midnight.

IMG_1938.JPG

Had party fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter