Something About Nothing ... #12

Happy Wednesday All!

Yes, it's very hard to get out of 'mouse mode' when planning a vacation... I sometimes do it for non-amusement park vacations.. although I hardly do any of those! :) If there isn't a roller coaster in my vacation, then I am not having a good time!

The only restaurant that I actually need to plan is Mythos. I just want to be able to make my reservation for that one. I am pretty flexible on the rest and will probably just eat where I feel like eating. However, I am a VERY finicky eater, so I like to have a running list of places that a) have foods I like, b) have foods I can eat, and c) don't suck (according to a majority of posters and some who's word I respect). So, I'll probably be looking at menus daily until I leave. At which point, I'll get in the park and promptly forget which ones fit the 3 criteria I mentioned above. I do need to know which CW places are on the meal plan tho. That's my biggest gripe about the meal plan.. none of the hotels are on it.

25!

• The atomic number of manganese
  • Is the sum of the first 5 natural odd numbers 1+3+5+7+9
  • In Islam, there are 25 prophets mentioned in the Quran
  • Major league baseball teams have a roster of 25 players, until Sept 1st, when they expand their rosters to 40
  • In baseball, player number 25 is usually reserved for the team slugger, i.e. Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds, etc.
  • The number of points needed to win a volleyball set providing the losing team scored 23 or less
  • The number of years of marriage for a Silver Anniversary
  • The 25th amendment allows for the Vice President to become president in the event of death, resignation, removal from office or impairment that prevents the current president from fulfilling his or her duties.
  • The name of Adele's album in 2015, named for her age

I know you can pick secret songs on Rip Ride Rocket, I wonder if any of them are an Adele song? I'll find out in 25 days!!

Proof-Florida.jpg

Chuckers if you buy the park counter meal plan the place where you could be bit ahead would be Louie’s or one of the two Potter dinner places

Use the snack coupon at boulangerie for a good value of that coupon or do a Butterbeer
You come out ahead then

The beverage coupon is valid for soda and water for the most part

There is a list of song choices for RRR
Do a search here on the forum and it should come up

Btw, Gloria’s song “I Will Survive “ is popular

Wonder why...

Chuckers if you buy the park counter meal plan the place where you could me pit ahead would be Louie’s or one of the two Potter dinner places

Use the snack coupon at boulangerie for a good value of that coupon or do a Butterbeer
You come out ahead then

The beverage coupon is valid for soda and water for the most part

I did the meal plan you can get with a package.. 1 sit down, 1 quick, 1 snack, 1 drink. for 5 days. (since I will be of site for 2 days of my trip). I don't like butterscotch.. so butter beer is out. But I can use the snack credits for breakfasty things.. like a cinnabon :)

I know one sit down will by Mythos.. the others will be after the parks close for dinner in CW. The quicks will be lunches in the parks most likely.

I've seen the secret list before. I am going to choose the Muppets :)

Wonder why...

I just did a search and found the thread that has a link to the song list. Unfortunately, the link doesn't work anymore :(

Ok i gotcha chuckers.
I ate at Lombards in october and it was super?

completely different menu and set up from the last time i ate there about 3 years ago.

i had a good selection to choose from but don't know if you being on the full dinner plan would restrict what you order off the menu for the sit down places.

Wonder why...

That`s my song on RRR.......every....................single......................time. Never bother with the so called secret list anymore........

I find it reassuring listening to Gloria pound in my ears I`ll be fine.........::yes::

Less cold today here, but still very cold.

Off out for a quick visit to see a friend for an hour or so.......then home for night in front of TV.

Which song? I love the Muppets.

Moving Right Along, of course! :)

@macraven - I will have to try "I Will Survive". I'm sure I'll be riding it a few times :) The meal at Lombards was 'super?' Is that good or bad or just sarcastic? ;)

@schumigirl - after seeing the secret list the only two songs I would do are both from the Muppets :)

No, really the food was good

I ate there in october with Keishashadow and her husband and we all had different meals.

All of us were so pleased with what we had.
apps, drinks and dinner

We took a table in the back where we were inside and still had a nice view of the lake.

Server was attentive and checked on us regularly.

I will be going back to that place again.

Check the menu as what we saw in October was different from when i was there a few years back

Wait...just remembered i did go to Lombards in February this year with son.
Had the steak then and it was perfect.

Prior to that, went 3 years ago and was dissatisfied which is why i waited this long (Feb and then Oct) to return.

Both dinners this year were well worth it!

Thanks, Mac! I am not a seafood eater, but I do see they have a French Dip!!!

I hope Lombards is good for us then. Little one is a steak fan, so glad to hear all food, including steak, was good Mac. Since such a busy time, Mythos, Finnegan's, and Lombards are our reservations so far. May do Sal's or go over to SF too. Only 4 days and 3 nights at RPR. Kids just had to make me spend quite a bit to visit with Harry. Mouse ADRs have been set months ago, though the switch yesterday was the only real update. Mostly all favorites. They will humor me with the character visited meals. Quick picture is the ransom.

still nicely below freezing, but the sun is out, and the wind has died down some. Snow is to start between 8 and 10 tonight. I'll be at home, enjoying a cup of tea, and watching what ever I feel like or hope I didn't remember. Annoyed that some shows are already repeats. And I don't watch that much.

Hmmm, dinner via the oven I guess. Either that or stir fry. Have to see if I have enough rice. I make my own "dirty" rice. Little one does not like pieces of egg in hers, so I always have to reserve some for her without it. Picky. Yes, Can be very picky.

It's going to be a long afternoon. I need more tea.

Well, it looks like I am fighting a cold. Right now I have a scratchy throat, cough, low grade fever, and runny nose. The cough is what’s bothering me most. I went to the doctor today and the good news is that the strep is all gone. I just hope I’m feeling better by Friday evening. I want to throw a whiny little toddler temper tantrum right now.

I’m going to try to get some sleep and hopefully feel better in the morning.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Charade. Hope you feel better soon. Glad to hear the strep is all gone. It stinks, when you are fighting a bug, you usually get another bug, when you are finished with the first one. I hope your cough is done and over your cold before you leave. Two more days!

Well, that was a white knuckle ride today. A balmy 28, with around an inch or so of snow that arrived earlier this morning. Soon as at the city limits, more scary. Good thing I have anti-lock breaks. At least the afternoon should be slightly above freezing. Still windy, so a cold start to the day.

Thursday means throwing back a memory, or better yet, a cup of tea. I will be well hydrated today. Big cups of tea needed. Hands get cold too ya know.

th
th
and a funny:
th

Hope all have a warm day, and enjoying it. So ready for the week-end.

Happy Thursday!!!

@Charade67 I hope you feel better fast! Bombard your system with vitamins! I've used Zicam cold stuff in the past. It seems to work for me! Dayquil is pretty awesome, too :)

@Lynne G 19 degrees here this morning.. good day for a hot cup of tea in the office.. with the heater on :) I have cold hands a lot and I wear these:

819vh9wOHKL._SX522_.jpg

located here: https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Frederick...ncoding=UTF8&refRID=DDD57269E7M9BAWYTTW8&th=1

I think they're pretty awesome and allow me to work at the same time.

24!
  • The product of 4!
  • The number of carats in pure gold
  • A TV show starring Keifer Sutherland - that I never watched
  • The number of blackbirds baked in a pie
  • The number of frames per second that motion picture film is usually projected
  • The number of letters in the modern and classical Greek alphabet

Poseidon is a Greek God and I look forward to seeing his fury at Islands of Adventure in 24 days! I think it's a great show!

ad2cc2835efb326b447c56a63807f256.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter