Something About Nothing............ #14

View attachment 732035
Keep reaching for the stars!

pretty much mimicked Carole’s SpongeBob meme this am with bloodshot eyes, too bad nothing fun to show for it. A link makeup day & lots of eye lube day today

Careful with the any new modem/routers. We had 4 or 5 gz options on our older one to be compatible with phones. Was starting to slip & needed reset far too often. Ordered 2 months ago

Its working as promised for multiple gamers & TVs. It’s newest one “aka the best option/ $$$” that’s compatible with our Comcast provider. I’d never rent the base model they offer standard as the dismal speed defeats concept of high speed service

Too late realized I it had newer 3.1
System that’s not compatible with some older devices. :rolleyes1

In our case, the smart Kasa plugs used their app & Alexa to control lamps by voice. Spent hours tinkering with it. System just won’t recognize them.

Turns out kasa admits they are not forward compatible Just not mentioned on their website where they vaguely use “Most systems compatible” as their out

On my long list to hunt down the new components. Turning out to be more complicated than it sounds That stuff makes my head spin after a bit

3rd world problem, do Miss being able to control lighting when away from home in that easy fashion. Funny how fast things become a perceived need vs a want. At least the security system is still compatible!

Good day all! Another football till our eyes fall out day. Can’t complain the last game didn’t have an interesting finish.

Thanks Janet......love the meme!!! I think I can say he enjoyed his birthday a lot!!

Enjoy that football........

Been a sunny cold day, now at nearly 4ish, getting dark and clouds have arrived. Hoping for no snow to enjoy our new wheels tomorrow......

Chatted the day away with friends and my cousin, now thinking about watching the US version of House of Cards, everyone says it`s fabulous, so might give it a bash, haven`t seen one episode or know much about it.

Couple of hours till dinner, time for a pot of tea.......

B is back at the dorm tonight ready to begin her final semester. I can’t believe how quickly this has gone by.
I start 2 of my last 3 classes tomorrow. I think we are both ready to be done.

Good luck to B and you Charade. Little one starts online tomorrow, she only needed one class, but taking two. I’ll be glad she’s done too. Then to see what job she gets. We keep asking her it’s late to start looking. Older one does work today. No holiday day for him.

Marvelous holiday Monday to all. Yay for some of us enjoying a lazy day, and hope that all are doing good, lazy day or not.

Yay, good weather day! While still below freezing right now, 32 degrees says that outside thermometer, oh so sunny and will be a sun filled day as 45 degrees the high this afternoon. Those cool biting feeling winds yesterday, and the day before, are gone, though still will feel a bit cooler with that breeze. 9 mph winds right now, so a little breezy. Hehe, so perfectly clear today, as weather guy said visibility is 23 miles. Wow.

529B7461-4AD5-48AB-8BDF-505C5046CCA9.jpeg
Amen!

Pleasant day, rare sunny day & near 50, thank you very much. Other than heading out to gather more cough med for the mr, just planning on planning today

the wildcard games certainly have delivered thus far. might be Brady’s last game (again) lol

may rewatch last night’s episode of The Last of Us sooo good, what was reallly surprising to me was how closely they followed the video game as to actual visuals. Smart stuff there, don’t mess up a good thing.

By the same author, Anne Rice, Witches of Mayfair plot is starting to make some sort of sense to me now. I never could get thru her Interview with a Vampire book & not a fan of the older movie. The series was much wild(er).

View attachment 732546
Amen!

Pleasant day, rare sunny day & near 50, thank you very much. Other than heading out to gather more cough med for the mr, just planning on planning today

the wildcard games certainly have delivered thus far. might be Brady’s last game (again) lol

may rewatch last night’s episode of The Last of Us sooo good, what was reallly surprising to me was how closely they followed the video game as to actual visuals. Smart stuff there, don’t mess up a good thing.

By the same author, Anne Rice, Witches of Mayfair plot is starting to make some sort of sense to me now. I never could get thru her Interview with a Vampire book & not a fan of the older movie. The series was much wild(er).

Confession time, we aren`t taught a lot about MLK. But, educated myself on him and all that he taught. But, speaking to some of our younger generation, they know a lot less than my generation did.

I`ve never read any books by that author Janet, couldn`t get into that movie, but then apart from classic Dracula, I`m not much of a vampire fan.

Planning to plan is a good day Janet!!! I think I told you in the email what temps we have today........brrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I`d rather have what temps you have......🥶

the-face-when-you-buy-a-new-car.jpg

Yep, finally picked up the new wheels this morning......absolutely love it!! All 3 of us drove it in turn and we all love it. It`s a Mighty machine and upgraded seats make it extra comfy!!

Stopped off in a pub for lunch, quiet little place we`ve never been to before, then home. I`m glad Kyle had the extra birthday day off today as he did enjoy being there with us too.

But, as we had some snow this morning, roads are filthy, so by the time we got home, it already needed a good wash!!! Going to head out tonight for a night drive, then we always have a bottle of champagne when we get a new car......(any excuse) so once we get back in, we`ll pop it open....... 🥂

Happy Monday indeed........:car:

Yep, finally picked up the new wheels this morning......absolutely love it!! All 3 of us drove it in turn and we all love it. It`s a Mighty machine and upgraded seats make it extra comfy!!
Happy New Car day!

took three different stores to find cough meds & drops for the mr. Inquired at cvs inside target why shelves were bare…told it’s RSV that is prevalent here vs flu & covid. ugh like we didn’t have our hands’ full with the first two.
546811A4-5DD5-449F-8125-EEE12CB252F6.jpeg

Happy New Car day!

took three different stores to find cough meds & drops for the mr. Inquired at cvs inside target why shelves were bare…told it’s RSV that is prevalent here vs flu & covid. ugh like we didn’t have our hands’ full with the first two.
View attachment 732630

Thanks Janet... glad you liked the pics!! Our new baby......lol.....we love it.

Hope the meds work for him and he picks up soon.

Absolutely freezing cold tonight, 21F for us, it is perishing out there. House is cosy though, thank goodness, I don`t do well with cold. Sky is crystal clear with stars and constellations clearly visible, absolutely beautiful to see.

Addicted to House of Cards, it is excellent! Think this might be a binge watch show.

Planning on driving a lot tomorrow morning just for fun.....will visit a wholesale butcher we like and I fancy a new whistling kettle for the Aga, will pop into a store and pick up one.

Almost bedtime here.......🛌

Quick hello while I wait for my software to update.

Had a medical exam today. Decided to get the shingles vaccine. Now my arm hurts.

Good luck to B and you Charade. Little one starts online tomorrow, she only needed one class, but taking two. I’ll be glad she’s done too. Then to see what job she gets. We keep asking her it’s late to start looking. Older one does work today. No holiday day for him.
Thank you. B has 2 classes for a total of 4 credit hours. Today was bowling. She said it was fun but tiring.
I’m usually not a huge football fan, but enjoyed watching those games.
Congratulations on the new car.

Quick hello while I wait for my software to update.

Had a medical exam today. Decided to get the shingles vaccine. Now my arm hurts.

Thank you. B has 2 classes for a total of 4 credit hours. Today was bowling. She said it was fun but tiring.

I’m usually not a huge football fan, but enjoyed watching those games.

Congratulations on the new car.

Thank you, we love it already.

Hope your arm feels better today, more folks seem to be getting the shingles vaccine.

It is baltic today, we had 17F ovenight, which for US is darn colder than we`re used to. We have a more temperate climate over here, we don`t get the extremes the United States gets whether that be the heat of Florida, Georgia area nor do we get the cold of Wisconsin areas or Canada!!! So when we do get this type of cold......we don`t like it.

Our friends who were in Florida for a month come home today, it`ll be a shock for them for sure when they land in London this morning.

Made an appointment to get the legs waxed this morning and eyebrows threaded too, one or two ouch moments for sure. Then we`ll drive to that wholesale butcher, it`s quite remote as it`s not a shop, he sells to trade and it`s in a huge big building that`s always cold.....it`ll be a quick visit today!! They have gorgeous bakery and deli counters too, so it`s a nice place to visit.

Pork fillet for us tonight for dinner, might do a honey mustard glaze/sauce with it.....we usually do an Asian style with pork fillet, but works well a lot of ways.

Our driveway looks white this morning, but I`m sure the main roads will be fine once we get out.

i-ZKkRn7V-S.gif

cv93-S.jpg

cv88-M.jpg

Happy Tuesday ☺️

Hope you had safe travels to that butcher place, Schumi. That is cold weather for you. Congratulations on getting your new car.

Ah back to that week day routine, and up just before the alarm.

And we are on the day of the week, it’s a Tuesday. You know, the day of the week Mac can enjoy a Taco Bell meal. As why yes, a Taco Tuesday is here.

And trash trucks will be heard this morning. Yes, all back to that week day routine.

Clouds have been arriving to make us have a cloudy day, and will give us some rain showers. And glad they are just rain, as high is 48 degrees this afternoon. We are still below freezing in the early mornings, and no difference today, as 31 degrees said the thermometer, as last of trash was tossed about an hour ago. Cool feeling, and even cooler feeling, as that wind was chilling. And sky already looked cloudy. No stars to see, like last night. Time of year, was easy to see the Orion stars in a very clear sky, as we rolled the trash cans to the curb last night.

Thus, have a most happy and terrific Taco Tuesday today. And a lovely morning too.

hooray for taco bell day!

nasty rainy weather this morning for driving
Now at my doctor office for the eye check

Hope I pass my test

You all have a great day!

Good Tuesday afternoon everyone :wave2:
44336BDB-2B28-441F-A1A1-7B13E65A2138.jpeg

84BA267F-B3E2-4C07-BFDA-2337901AD95C.jpeg

Robo, so good to hear from you. Sounds like a nice holiday time with your family. Yay for safe and quick trip to your other home. Hopefully, you’ll be around last two weeks of September, as would be nice to enjoy some coffee and chat with you.
Good morning. I have found that I really like going a bit earlier to HHN. It has worked better for me with timing. Sadly it sounds like it is less rowdy a time.

wasn’t looking right today, despite babying it For a week. Kept bumping it and it would open up again. Decided to revert back to my mom’s methodology. Sprayed it a couple of times with hydrogen peroxide until it ceased to foam & Put another butterfly bandage on it.

Sounds like a wise move. Hope it is all healed know. Those cuts to the fingers are hard to heal.

If I remember correctly you asked if I watch the rockets go off from Jetty Park. I have not. I went there just to do some comparison. You have to pay to get into the park. The plus on that is that you can enjoy the beach, picnic and you have restrooms. The downside is It is a pretty popular area for seeing the ships go up from SLC-40 (Space Launch Complex) and 41. It can be at capacity for those lift-offs and it is a pretty good drive to get to.

Our son helped me scout some areas on the beach that were great for watching lift-offs from SLC-40 and 41. The rocket came right over the top of were we where standing as did the boosters on return. Of course they are miles in the sky, but it was awesome.

SpaceX has contracted with NASA for use of 39A for over 20 years or more and also use SLC 40 at times. ULA uses SLC 41 for its rockets most I think.

The most recent Artemis 1 by NASA lifted off of 39B.

I have spot on Banana River that I go to to see Lift-offs from 39A and B.

There are some nice areas from the parks in Titusville too.

We`ve been following the next Falcon Heavy launch, hopefully Thursday but sounds like they have contingency plans in case of weather issues. Glad you get to see your Rocket Sisters again, what a lovely group! I know we are excited to do a couple of days at KSC this May, one day wasn`t enough last two visits.
Yes, it was supposed to have gone off on Thursday and they scrubbed it. I was at KSC on Saturday with one of my fellow Rockit Sisters and we were going to watch it go up from the lawn by the Atlantis building, but as you know it got scrubbed again.

We came back on Sunday evening and finally were rewarded for our efforts.

Thanks, robo: I am ok now and happily eating anything I can get my hands on, LOL.
Good to hear you are better and eating well again.

If I have not worn a piece of clothing in the last year, it’s donated out.
Figure if I have not lost the weight by now, it’s not going to happen.
I do the same thing. It is always good to clean things out some and start fresh.

Toast with marmalade this morning in a couple of hours, spicy asian salad for lunch with some chicken and pork fillet for dinner tonight, might do an Asian marinade and serve it on a bed of stir fry noodles and mushrooms. Food sorted.
As always your meals sound yummy.

My beloved son in law had his end of watch several years ago. His sons were 3 and 5 y/o and Robin was heartbroken. Prince William came over as a surprise speaker to our COPS event in Washington DC. The wonderful bobbies volunteer to come here and help out. They are amazing and it was all very much appreciated. COPS is an organization that has a yearly event in DC for families and loved ones of those who were killed in service with law enforcement. I will never forget how wonderful the Bobbies were and the fact that Prince William came over here without any fanfare at all. It was all done secretly and never made the news.
So sorry to hear of your officer's passing.
I’am so sorry to hear that. Terrible tragedy. Bless you and your family. So good to hear all the wonderful selfless things the Royal family are doing to help those in need.

We did the whole Grandkids and Disney in December...(plus a few days of USO just for us old Grandparents.) Had to get my VelociCoaster fix!!! BEST.RIDE.EVER!!! :worship:
Tons of fun but had to cut it short by a couple of days-again. BroomHilda took a nasty fall while we were outta town and broke her 84 year shoulder. She's healing up slowly but it didn't help her demeanor any. (She's still just as demean as ever!) o_O
Headed back for Mardi Gras next month!!! :joker:
Thinkin' of my crew here!
Great to hear you all had a nice time with the grandchildren at the parks. Sorry BroomHilda cut your vacation by a couple of days. Love the name.

The new job ( training ) is going well. I
Great to hear the new job is doing well.

We had a lovely meal out last night for Kyle`s birthday, food was good as always and just an all round nice evening. He was thriled with his gifts, although he did know he was getting the driving experience, but he got some lovely stuff from everyone.

Happy belated Birthday to Kyle

46EA4BF4-C1D3-44D1-97B4-A061D73F9F1F.gif

Congratulations on your new wheels. Nothing like a new car to add more adventure to your life.

Hope you found your needed meds for hubby and he feels better soon.

I did read back a number of days to catch up on what everyone had been up to since I last posted.

It has been busy here. I guess the words to describe the past number of days wood be devastating, shocked, surprising then mild relief. I guess that equals life.

We received news last Wednesday evening that our son was going to have emergency surgery. Thankfully the surgeon decided to hold off and give son much needed antibiotics IV and watched over him. He had a ulcer and microperfurations in his large intestines. This came on the Sunday before and he thought it was just something he ate that did not agree with him. By Wednesday he was in the hospital.

He is home healing now and will be seen by a very good surgeon tomorrow. I had surgery and my mother had surgery on our intestines and this group of surgeons were the ones that did our surgery. They are best surgeons in their field.

Needless to say I was frantic trying to get flight arrangements to get back to Indiana immediately. My younger sister who is a Nurse called me after she had seen our son and had to peel me off the ceiling as I was frantic to get back and be with him.

The doctors were in a stand by mode to see if IV meds would settle things down so he could have surgery at a later date which would have a better outcome. Will know more tomorrow.

I’am talking to him everyday and he is feeling better. He did not want me to fly home unless he was having surgery and I went along with his suggestion. If there are any changes mom is flying home regardless.

We have been finding dog poop bags full of dog crap in front of our house ever since we have been here. I found out from both of our neighbors that they were also finding the same in front of their houses at times, but my house was the major drop zone.

The neighbor told me that the guy that watches our house when we are not here was finding the bags all the time and disposing of it. I felt terrible for him as he had not complained about it to me.

Needless to say I was not happy that someone could be so disrespectful do be doing such a thing. It is the rules of the HOA that you have to have your dog on a leash and clean up after your pet.

I put another camera on the house as did my neighbor. Then one evening I sat in my lawn chair next to my front door which is in the dark, but has a great view of the area where the dog poop was being left and I caught the dog poop bandit….LOL as she gracefully stooped to leave her bag of dog poop in front of my house as she walked by with her large dog.

She lives across the street form me and down a few houses. I did not know her. She of course was not expecting to be caught and preceded to tell me she drops it there and comes back and picks it up and I should come and remind her if she doesn’t. What a load of you know what. She had been doing this for months.

Come to find out she is well known to the neighbors and is supposedly a very nice person who happens to be a Architect.

She became very agitated when I caught her and told me I was crazy. So sad. I told her she needed to stop the disrespectful disgusting behavior and I let the neighbors know who poop bandit was. Needless to say there has been no more poop bags in front of the house.

In the mean time a fellow Rockit sister and I thought about taking a trip up to see the Falcon Heavy take off. I had decided not to as I would need to possibly fly out that evening if son was scheduled for surgery. Alas the lift off was canceled.

The last time a Falcon Heavy had been flown was in 2019. This rocket is something to see as it is the big boy.

We did get up to Kennedy Space Center on Saturday as it had been rescheduled again to take off then in the evening about 5:50 pm. Then it was scrubbed about 2:15 pm.

We had never watched a take off from KSC so were going to see how that was.

We did get to enjoy the New Gateway: Deep Space Launch Complex building. It is awesome. Getting to look up close at a SpaceX rocket booster was incredible. They also have simulated ride experiences to choose from there. I cannot emphasize enough what a wonderful learning experience for children and adults KSC is.

8BE29E2B-B566-4502-8FEA-5C56C4815694.jpeg

Grid Fins That help with re-entry and landing of rocket boosters back to landing pad.
57CC262C-C4B1-41E6-9C3A-A3B94055E4A0.jpeg

0E73BDCB-65B2-4FBF-B6F1-0980A66BDCBA.jpeg

Landing legs that come out to land booster back to landing pad.
9A3672C7-1B47-422C-B01C-17A94FFC2FFC.jpeg

Also got a nice view of the Merlin engines.

Then Sunday we went to my favorite spot on Banana River to see if the Falcon Heavy would fly. We crossed our fingers and toes and it did.

Take off.
DA8EAF30-1E9D-40A5-897C-A12F275CAC43.jpeg

and exhaust in the pretty evening sky
A49FCC06-AB8D-44C4-8D4E-470507813FD0.jpeg

Two boosters returning
D2E0F94F-9E98-42C2-990C-8955EEAF6D99.jpeg

These photos are form my IPhone.

There were some major photography enthusiasts at my fav spot and they had the biggest lenses I have ever seen on a camera. I think between the 3 of them they had 15 tripods set up to move between. They gave us their cards and I looked at some of their past photos online and they are beautiful. It was so nice to talk to them.

Carole I know you and your family are rocket enthusiasts too. I hope you are able to see some of the ships go off in person while here. There is a nice schedule of ships going off in the next few months so hopefully one will work with your time here.

The new internet provider who bought the internet company we use is now requiring us to change our email address so I‘am in the middle of getting that sorted too.

Going to try and make it up for Mardi Gras in February unless son is scheduled for surgery soon. Then will head back north to be with him.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Be happy and enjoy life.

Tink hope you and your family are doing well. You are missed.

Lots of others who used to post here regular are missing too.

Last edited:
hooray for taco bell day!

nasty rainy weather this morning for driving
Now at my doctor office for the eye check

Hope I pass my test

You all have a great day!

Hope the test went well today and you passed with flying colours!

Good Tuesday afternoon everyone :wave2:
View attachment 732897

View attachment 732895

Good morning. I have found that I really like going a bit earlier to HHN. It has worked better for me with timing. Sadly it sounds like it is less rowdy a time.

Sounds like a wise move. Hope it is all healed know. Those cuts to the fingers are hard to heal.

If I remember correctly you asked if I watch the rockets go off from Jetty Park. I have not. I went there just to do some comparison. You have to pay to get into the park. The plus on that is that you can enjoy the beach, picnic and you have restrooms. The downside is It is a pretty popular area for seeing the ships go up from SLC-40 (Space Launch Complex) and 41. It can be at capacity for those lift-offs and it is a pretty good drive to get to.

Our son helped me scout some areas on the beach that were great for watching lift-offs from SLC-40 and 41. The rocket came right over the top of were we where standing as did the boosters on return. Of course they are miles in the sky, but it was awesome.

SpaceX has contracted with NASA for use of 39A for over 20 years or more and also use SLC 40 at times. ULA uses SLC 41 for its rockets most I think.

The most recent Artemis 1 by NASA lifted off of 39B.

I have spot on Banana River that I go to to see Lift-offs from 39A and B.

There are some nice areas from the parks in Titusville too.

Yes, it was supposed to have gone off on Thursday and they scrubbed it. I was at KSC on Saturday with one of my fellow Rockit Sisters and we were going to watch it go up from the lawn by the Atlantis building, but as you know it got scrubbed again.

We came back on Sunday evening and finally were rewarded for our efforts.

Good to hear you are better and eating well again.

I do the same thing. It is always good to clean things out some and start fresh.

As always your meals sound yummy.

I’am so sorry to hear that. Terrible tragedy. Bless you and your family. So good to hear all the wonderful selfless things the Royal family are doing to help those in need.

Great to hear you all had a nice time with the grandchildren at the parks. Sorry BroomHilda cut your vacation by a couple of days. Love the name.

Great to hear the new job is doing well.

Happy belated Birthday to Kyle

View attachment 732899

Congratulations on your new wheels. Nothing like a new car to add more adventure to your life.

Hope you found your needed meds for hubby and he feels better soon.

I did read back a number of days to catch up on what everyone had been up to since I last posted.

It has been busy here. I guess the words to describe the past number of days wood be devastating, shocked, surprising then mild relief. I guess that equals life.

We received news last Wednesday evening that our son was going to have emergency surgery. Thankfully the surgeon decided to hold off and give son much needed antibiotics IV and watched over him. He had a ulcer and microperfurations in his large intestines. This came on the Sunday before and he thought it was just something he ate that did not agree with him. By Wednesday he was in the hospital.

He is home healing now and will seen by a very good surgeon tomorrow. I had surgery and my mother had surgery on our intestines and these were the ones that did our surgery. They are best surgeons in their field.

Needless to say I was frantic trying to get flight arrangements to get back to Indiana immediately. My younger sister who is a Nurse called me after she had seen our son and had to peel me off the ceiling as I was frantic to get back and be with him.

The doctors were in a stand by mode to see if IV meds would settle things down so he could have surgery at a later date which would have a better outcome. Will know more tomorrow.

I’am talking to him everyday and he is feeling better.

We have been finding dog poop bags full of dog crap in front of your house every since we have been here. I found out from both of our neighbors that they were also finding the same in front of their houses at times, but my house was the major drop zone.

The neighbor told me that the guy that watches our house when we are not here was finding the bags all the time and disposing of it. I felt terrible for him as he had not complained about it to me.

Needless to say I was not happy that someone could be so disrespectful do be doing such a thing. It is the rules of the HOA that you have to have your dog on a leash and clean up after your pet.

I put another camera on the house as did my neighbor. Then one evening I sat in my lawn chair next to my front door which is in the dark, but has a great view of the area where the dog poop was being left and I caught the dog poop bandit….LOL as she gracefully stooped to leave her bag of dog poop in front of my house as she walked by with her large dog.

She lives across the street form me and down a few houses. I did not know her. She of course was not expecting to be caught and preceded to tell me she drops it there and comes back and picks it up and I should come and remind her if she doesn’t. What a load of you know what. She had been doing this for months.

Come to find out she is well known to the neighbors and is supposedly a very nice person who happens to be a Architect.

She became very agitated when I caught her and told me I was crazy. So sad. I told her she needed to stop the disrespectful disgusting behavior and I let the neighbors know who poop bandit was. Needless to say there has been no more poop bags in front of the house.

In the mean time a fellow Rockit sister and I thought about taking a trip up to see the Falcon Heavy take off. I had decided not to as if things did now look for son I would be fling out that evening and alas it was cancelled.

The last time a Falcon Heavy had been flown was in 2019. This rocket is something to see as it is the big boy.

We did get up to Kennedy Space Center on Saturday as it had been rescheduled again to take off then in the evening about 5:50 pm. Then it was scrubbed about 2:15 pm.

We had never watched a take off from KSC so were going to see how that was.

We did get to enjoy the New Gateway: Deep Space Launch Complex building. It is awesome. Getting to look up lose at a SpaceX rocket booster was incredible. They also have simulated ride experiences to choose from there. I cannot emphasize enough what a wonderful learning experience for children and adults KSC is.

View attachment 732926

Grid Fins That help with re-entry and landing of rocket boosters back to landing pad.
View attachment 732927

View attachment 732928

Landing legs that come out to land booster back to landing pad.
View attachment 732925

Also got a nice view of the Merlin engines.

Then we went on Sunday to my favorite spot on Banana River to watch the ships take off form 39A and crossed our fingers and toes that the Falcon Heavy would fly and it did.

Taken off.
View attachment 732930

and exhaust in the pretty evening sky
View attachment 732932

Two boosters returning
View attachment 732931

These photos are form my IPhone.

There were some major photography enthusiasts at my fav spot and they had the biggest lenses I have ever seen on a camera. I think between the 3 of them they had 15 tripods set up to move between. They gave us their cards and I looked at some of their past photos online and they are beautiful. It was so nice to talk to them.

Carole I know you and your family are rocket enthusiasts too. I hope you are able to see some of the ships go off in person while here. There is a nice schedule of ships going off in the next few months so hopefully one will work with your time here.

The new internet provider who bought the internet company we use is now requiring us to change our email address so I‘am in the middle of getting that sorted too.

Going to try and make it up for Mardi Gras in February unless son is scheduled for surgery soon. Then will head back north to be with him.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Be happy and enjoy life.

Tink hope you and your family are doing well. You are missed.

Lots of others who used to post here regular are missing too.

Goodness what a shock for you with your son, I`m so glad your sister was able to reassure you he was being well cared for and aftercare would be excellent. Best wishes to him for a swift recovery.

As for the dog poop......well, speechless really. You never know with folks, goodness knows what she`s like behind closed doors. Glad it stopped though, sometimes taking the bull by the horns is the best way to deal with issues.

Like the pictures. Yes, we follow everything to do with anything like that, we did watch the launch and the return, always impresses us. We plan to do a few days at KSC this May, the days we went were two of the best days we`ve had, amazing place.

Thank you for Kyle`s birthday wishes.....and the car too.....

Take care Robbie, and sending all good wishes to you and all your family......

We love that car!!! We had a lot of gadgets in the other car, but have a couple of extras on this one too.....so fun!! It drives like a dream and I think we`ll be racing each other to get to the drivers seat each day!!

Made it for my waxing appointment.....ouch!! Then the butchers an hour away, we did plan to go another drive this afternoon, but the guys called to say they could come and remove all our closets from our bedroom......er, we haven`t emptied any of them yet!!! They said they`d come today and remove all the mirror doors and regular doors and take down the fittings......we`ll empty them all in the morning and they`re coming back in the afternoon to take all the shelving and insides.....will look so bare, but we`ll get everything moved to the spare rooms out of the way.

Did make pork fillet marinaded in honey, mustard, spices, a little soy sauce, butterflied it and cooked it for around 12 minutes, so juicy!!! Didn`t need any sauce with it, Tom declared it his favourite dish of the year so far......lol......

Did some trip report, I must get that finished! Now, watching some tv and thinking about getting everything moved tomorrow from one side of the house to the other, not so much the clothes, but everything else I keep in there....so....much.......stuff!!!!

Time for a cuppa.......

Last edited:
Mac, hope eye appointment went well.

Robo, sending lots of hugs your way. Scary indeed, and hope son is feeling better. Great rocket pictures. They are saying we may see a launch where I am, on Monday afternoon. I am hoping we have clear skies to see it.

Sigh, almost done with screen viewing. Dragged most of the day, then picked up and busy lately.

The light rain we had in the mid morning, is gone, and clear skies now. Camel is getting ready to enjoy that mid week feeling fun.

Robbie :eek::faint: you sound so calm in the face of such adversity! :worship:Probably honed in your career, however, hugs & good intentions sent your way!

PS neighbor sounds like what we used to be able to call a kook :sad2:

Begs to be answered, if u r going to dump the doggie doo, why make the pretense of bagging it in the first place?

Lynne
many thanks but I did not pass my test

but swear I will on my next one!

I’ll take my lucky rabbit foot with me next doc visit
which by the way is tomorrow

Robbie :eek::faint: you sound so calm in the face of such adversity! :worship:Probably honed in your career, however, hugs & good intentions sent your way!

PS neighbor sounds like what we used to be able to call a kook :sad2:

Begs to be answered, if u r going to dump the doggie doo, why make the pretense of bagging it in the first place?

lol....I like that word Kooky or Kook, I use that one a lot.......sounds about the right description for that woman.....there`s a lot of them around!!!

mac....hope the doc appointment goes better today!!

It`s not as cold outside this morning as it was yesterday, apparently yesterday was our coldest day this winter......I knew it!!! Absolutely perishing. No frost looking out which although it`s very pretty, is not the type of weather I want to see. I`m ready for spring but we got a long way to go yet.

So, a day of clearing out our bedroom closets for the guys coming this afternoon, that`ll keep us out of mischief for a few hours. I wonder how many things I`ll find that I forgot about tucked away, usually find some long forgotten delights when we have a proper clear out or when we move.

This afternoon will be some clearing up after they`ve gone, going to be lots of dust, but that`s the worst job out of the way, we just need to wait on the decorator at the end of the month to do the bedroom and master bathroom, then furniture fitted, carpet then new bed and mattress......can`t wait. Will need to go shopping for new drapes between now and then and new bedding too I think. That`s the kind of shopping I like.

Made butternut squash and sweet potato soup last night with some of the turkey stock, added a whole load of leeks, red peppers and carrots with garlic all the veg roasted off first, so that`s lunch today with a big hunk of bread, then dinner will be....I`m not quite sure yet.

Avocado on toast for breakfast this morning, might pop a slice of honey ham on top, and tea, lots of tea as always.

i-zgg4gkK-S.jpg

cv58-S.jpg

cv61-S.jpg

Happy Wednesday :-)

Ah yes, took a look outside, ooh look what I saw:
41826D61-B0A6-4050-B37C-29F2C9881919.jpeg

Yeah, lots of clouds. Camel said he wanted to blow by with all his friends. Ah yes, that rainy day commute tomorrow, so a cloudy day we will have today. But yay, that ever camel 🐪 reminder to say hey, the middle of the week is here, and breathe, as that after this hump of a day wonderful feeling, a most fabulous Friday feeling is now 2 days away. Woot!

Glad I am not commuting today. Today’s traffic news was the usual still road construction, with road closures and lane closures too. But of course there was at least a crash. More than one, including this one. Large object on the road that most went around without issue, but one didn’t pass by it enough, clipped it and smashed into the side of the highway. Sigh. But almost all the roads are never not having at least one vehicle pass by it 24 hours a day. So traffic news has nothing to say hardly ever, even in this just past wee morning hour when I commute with the lowest amount of cars on that very early morning commute.

But with door open said ooh with the clouds, warmer out, 44 degrees and foggy, so ooh those clouds are also low. 49 degrees the high this afternoon. I’ll take any day in January close to 50 degrees. Overcast and foggy or not. And warm enough just rain tomorrow. Thankful for that too. No four letter white looking wet falling instead. And even nicer? When you don’t mind it’s just rain. As saying just light rain showers tomorrow. But yay! Good weather day today in my book.

So a most wonderful, whopper of a Wednesday, and a very good morning to all.

And hope Mac has a passing test with eye appointment today. And Schumi, I also don’t like when construction in home gets dust everywhere. But so nice when updates are done. Hope your closets get done quick and look perfect. And yes, a good thing to review contents, to say am I going to wear that? Maybe bag to give away today. Home busy today for you.

Ah, am happy to be online telecommuting today. Back to routine for me, with my tea sipping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter